• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you wanted to see out of HGSS, but it was never implemented?

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Well, excluding the obvious "I want to see Sinnoh and Hoenn and Sevii and Orange and everything in HGSS!!!!!!!" which is just stupid.

The main question is- What did you want to see out of HGSS but it was never implemented?

For me, I think a GB Glasses, that lets you see everything in GB Colors and tiles and everything in that matter. Add that with GB Sounds, you convinced people you're playing Gold/Silver on DS (which I can, really). I also think it'd be cool to face off Red looking like he's from GB, but really, it's a revamp.

Last edited:

GoldStrike

Professional Procrastinat-
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2010
    I wanted to play that massive storyline and catch all those pokemon like the old days! Gold and Silver were HUGE even compared to all 3rd gen games and there was so much to do and HeartGold would bring that into a new age for me, and it has! It's so much fun.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I always thought it would be cool if the elite four started actually acknowledging that you were the champion.. instead of acting like it's your first time winning every time

Years
  • I always thought it would be cool if the elite four started actually acknowledging that you were the champion.. instead of acting like it's your first time winning every time

Exactly.

I was always peeved in RGB that you would beat your Rival when he was champion, but afterwards you couldn't even get recognition for being the champ. He got to face challengers, even if it was only one before he got beaten.

That brings forth another question; with the ex-champion apparently gone, and the current one not taking on responsibilities, who would be the new champ? They make it your rival again (I think), but it never really made sense to me.

Anyways, besides that, I was hoping for three things, two of which I knew wouldn't happen:

1) I was hoping the levels for the entire storyline would be ramped up, which they were, especially for Red (Holy crap).

2) I was hoping that the overall levels for the wild Pokemon of Kanto would run with the storyline, even though I knew that wouldn't make sense...

3) I wished we could challenge the Kanto Pokemon League, since Blue does mention it. I was thinking maybe have Red as the champion at the end (Because really, Red is invincible to anyone but the storyline hero).

But, all in all, I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm currently at Cinnabar Island, and it's been really great.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • 1) I was hoping the levels for the entire storyline would be ramped up, which they were, especially for Red (Holy crap).

2) I was hoping that the overall levels for the wild Pokemon of Kanto would run with the storyline, even though I knew that wouldn't make sense...

^ This.

Other than that, the game has nothing that's missing. I'd like to have seen the Poketech in it, though, as a gift maybe after beating the Johto League. Not sure.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • i wanted the pokeapp (or whatever it's called, lol) from DPPt in HGSS, that would have been great.

also, i wish they brought back chaining. :(

Star Girl

Dragon Obsessed
    Years
  • I really wish they had either included Lorelei and Agatha or at least what explained to them since they left the Elite Four during the time period between the first and second games.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I wanted to fight Leaf.

And wanted Crystal to be in the game somewhere, even if she's at Professor Oaks lab or something. Just a reference. But overall, I wanted to fight Leaf after fighting Red. She be hidden somewhere in Pallet Town or something and then she go like "...." then "So your the one who beat him" then commence the battle and get the fight of a lifetime...again. lol

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Re-invented contests :( Also, I keep thinking HGSS is G/S/C so when it has Arceus and all that, I'm like what?! *Uyi, it's a New Game based on an old one, new based on old, new based on old...*

Which means I can get it :D

Pokéthan

I Do What Nintendon't
    Years
  • Orange Islands would have been good! Really enjoyed the TV series and since then wanted to explore! Also I like the whole GB thing, plus I wouldnt mind the ability to be able to have generation one starter pokemon at the begining

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2012
    I wanted there to be completely original, new, background music for battles. I'm kind of getting sick of it

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I would like to see red have more of a reason not just to stay up in mt silver, and I also wanted to team up with lance against my rival an claire

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • I really wish there was more of Team Rocket, really. I remember something a user posted on youtube, but I can't remember their name.

It goes something like this, and it concerns the whole Amphy story arc. Why couldn't Team Rocket have made Amphy sick, and we could battle them there? Have Team Rocket try to extort money from Jasmine, and Olivine as a whole? You could fight them on the way up, and fight against Proton as the boss.

Half was their idea, half was mine. The part before 'Have Team Rocket try to extort money' was their idea, the rest would be me trying to put it into a context that makes sense.

One more major Rocket Encounter would be ideal, since it wouldn't feel like you're beating them too fast.

Other then that, I think it pulled it off quite well. I have no other gripes with it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Or have them cut the lighthouse to stop ships from returning to port and robbing them of their goods, but the whole real life pirates thing wouldve probably raised a few parents brows. Itd be cool though

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • Make the game have more extra quests. I am not sure if they included the Clefairy Moon thingy. And they should stop making your counter-part being a retard staying home. Like Lyra. I would have appreciated if they made her appear in random routes and cities. And make her Marill actually evolve when she says it did.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • I wanted to fight Leaf.

And wanted Crystal to be in the game somewhere, even if she's at Professor Oaks lab or something. Just a reference. But overall, I wanted to fight Leaf after fighting Red. She be hidden somewhere in Pallet Town or something and then she go like "...." then "So your the one who beat him" then commence the battle and get the fight of a lifetime...again. lol

The only flaw in that is that Leaf would become the Cousin Oliver of the Pokémon world, and we don't want that.

Plus, if Red is Lv. 80's and the ultimate trainer (as he is declared as by everyone who speaks of him), what would Leaf be? 70's? That idea really just doesn't make much sense to me.

I would have liked to see some better places to train certain types. It might just be me, but it seemed like Fighting- types, Water- types, and Flying- types were all extremely difficult to train Pre-E4.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • The two big things I wanted to see was the return of the custom PokeBalls like the Heavy Ball and what not.
    Also, I wanted to see Red play a big role in the story other then just a one time battle.
    I guess I have to keep wishing for a PokeSpecial Game >_<

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I would have liked to See Leaf as well, not necessarily battle her, but maybe she get's owned by Red right before you face her or something.

I would have liked to see more battling contest, like in Pokemon Emerald.
    And As stated before, you are recognized as the champion.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011

Yeah.. I just got into Kanto tonight and I'm disappointed that the wild Pokemon's levels are so low. I like to take my time and train, but I already have 4 Kanto badges because I have no wild Pokemon to train against

Back