• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do people have against pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Slowpoke Kid

Slowpoke Collector
    Years
    Because they just remember it from when they were a kid, ergo - It's childish. when in reality, if they gave it a fair shot they'd fall in love with it all over again.

Tyewatson

Poke Scholar
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2011
    I think a lot of people see it as for children only and its true that the makers of Pokémon look at the targeted audience which is kids however it feels like they are still with the hardcore fans seeing as they've made the games a little more than kids games with EV and IV training and tournaments.

Pokémon TCG is pretty popular too however most little kids don't know how to play it.

The people who hate Pokémon are people that usually don't like mainstream things or maybe they are sick of people their age playing it.

I think people are going to hate on anything that comes out that is popular.

The Slowpoke Kid

Slowpoke Collector
    Years
    I'm 20 and I still play pokemon all the time and I have a number of friends my age that also play, battle, and trade pokemon with me. Age is irrelevant, if pokemon is around when I'm 40 I'll still be playing with the same gusto I did when I was 10.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Anyone has the right to play Pokemon, age doesn't matter. People makes such a big fuss about it! :'x

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
    Yeah, it does target kids. But most people started playing pokemon when they were kids, and that when they get older, most of them can't stop playing it. I'm 13 and that I still play it.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Um..some people hate it just because they don't like it. Not everyone likes the same things, it's not necessary for someone to like Pokemon just because you do.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Thread said "Why do people hate Pokemon". You said in your first post that in your opinion everyone can enjoy Pokemon. I'm disagreeing with that statement and replying to your thread topic because not everyone is required to like Pokemon just because you do. For a lot of people it doesn't have to do with them giving it a chance or something, they just...don't like Pokemon.

Lezza

The Guy who loves Braviarys
    Years
    It was so funny in Art, There is this guy who annoys me alot and he said, Why do you like pokemon. Its for babies, then miss came along and said my son plays pokemon and I quite like it. LoL

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
    Years
    Yeah, I do agree Princessbubblegum fan. But I'm just saying that Pokemon doesn't have the right to be hated.

Lezzie, yeah, I do hate the way so much people at my middle school hate Pokemon, one friend in real life unadded me on Facebook because I like Pokemon. I just don't talk about it much so I won't get laughed at.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Sure it does, everything has the right to be hated. Just like you don't want people judging you based on you liking Pokemon, try not to judge the people that hate Pokemon :3

P.S. Name's Toujours :x

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    I'm 25. That hasn't stopped me from playing Pokémon. Not entirely sure why, at this point, everyone still sees it as childish, though. Although, as others have mentioned, it could have something to do with the fact that they played as kids and still see it as that "little kid's" game. It is, by far, no longer that, though, as it has become much more complicated than it's ancestors, Red, Blue, and Green.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Because it's not the in-thing. The trend has come and died (during people's childhoods, hence the 'it's childish' perception), the majority have moved on to other trends that have since become equally rediculous to them, each in turn. That's how popular culture goes; can only leave them to it.

Last edited:

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
    Games don't have age, some people have old brain. I'm 15 (and Christian lol) and I still play often. I keep it a secret, however, from the people and some friends and I would want it to target older people

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You are never too old for Pokemon.
    my dad hates pokemon bcuz he thinks that it is for babies
    many of my friend's parents also thinks that so my friends don't play it anymore.
    btw when i play Pokemon in front of him he sometimes cannot stop laughing lol

You are never too old for Pokemon.
    my dad hates pokemon bcuz he thinks that it is for babies
    many of my friend's parents also thinks that so my friends don't play it anymore.
    btw when i play Pokemon in front of him he sometimes cannot stop laughing lol

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back