• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what do u think about this generation?

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2012
    do you like this new generation or does it has some , ISSUES that u dont like?

to me its too many legendaries , and some are pointless

Hayate

Freelance Hero.
    Years
    I like the game, but as you said before some pokémon are WAY to overpowered and have a bad design also..but that's my opinion

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 6, 2024
    Sure there are good new pokes but lots of them are stereotypical.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    I have a problem with the large amount of pre evolutions, evolutions and the legendaries other than that the game is fine

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

I agree, i find that the have over done it especially with the amount of legendaries included in this generation. They rushed evoultions aswell of quite a few pokemon. However im not too worried about the amount of pre-evolution pokemon there are as i think that there all cute.

~Kipper~

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    The gameplay itself looks promising. Especially with the return of the day and night system.

However the pokemon don't look as well off. Some of the evolutions are great and even some originals are awesome (like Lucario) but I mean c'mon what was the evolution of Rhydon for? It doesn't even look remotely cool or good IMO.

I think this generation has a lot of potential but the pokemon aren't giving it the greatest of starts.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    I looked up a bunch of the Steel types in the game (since that'smy favourite type), and noticed that a lot of them are very... beasty. They look almost too mechanical.

Also, there's like a bazillion Legendaries. I still remember *cue flashback, haha* when there were only FOUR Legendaries. Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo and Mew. Ahh, sweet nostalgia.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Don't u mean 5 legendaries? Oh well, I think there are too many legendaries n too many evos n prevos!

yasu-trainer

Intermediate Trainer
    Years
    My issues are no different from anyone elses: too many legendaries and evolutions. Had they focused more on fresh Pokemon Lucario and Sheimi, they would have been better off. Wait... I think Sheimi is a legendary... whoops. Oh well. You guys get the idea, right?
    But don't get me wrong. Some of these Pokemon are really awesome, and the games look really good. And the new type combos and attacks will give me a good challenge when I make new battle strategies.

Years
    Eh, It was better than the third by far, imo. They could have thrown in a few more [pre]evolutions, I was a bit disappointed by the lack of Shuckle & Dunsparce evolutions.

Another 'issue' about it I don't particularly like is all the people complaining about having 'too many evos & preevos', although that's not really caused by the generation itslef :\

I like this generation.

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    i think everyone in hell is gonna use lucario x_x
    that's my only complaint

Years
    I think as each generation passes, all the pokemon are starting to look...weirder...and they all seem to be fluffly little monsters that turn into ugly beasts. I mean I just don't think the magic is there anymore like in the first generation, I don't really know how to explain it, oh, and too many legendaries!!!

Years
    Some poke look like kid's drawings.
    most evos of old pokemon look crap, ruining the old pokes.
    too many pre evos and evos of old pokes.
    too many legendaries. (and those 3 little legendary things all look the same)

they aren't too good and certainly don't compare to old pokes.

I believe this is the last generation.
    although we could of done without this one too.

Years
    The 6/7 year olds who buy the games and some become die-hard fans.
    well because of no thought we're not going to secure any of them as poke fans.
    It's just the old fans now.

Years
    The 6/7 year olds who buy the games and some become die-hard fans.
    well because of no thought we're not going to secure any of them as poke fans.
    It's just the old fans now.

I totally agree with that statement. I got hooked when I saw characters like Charmander and Pikachu, they were so original! If I looked at any from the fourth generation...well, I mean an original little dragon with a cute flamey tail or some weird looking fire monkey?

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Well, I think there're too many Legendaries and all, and Im disappointed by the fact that the games can't trade back to the RSEFRLG games. But, otherwise, I can't think of anymore faults :O

Years
    I totally agree with that statement. I got hooked when I saw characters like Charmander and Pikachu, they were so original! If I looked at any from the fourth generation...well, I mean an original little dragon with a cute flamey tail or some weird looking fire monkey?

yeah, pokemon is probably like abba (bad comparision?) the old fans are there forever, but the new ones who loove the tree shelled grass dude or the fire monkey, or the cybernetic Penguin are just die-hard fans coz they got no friends!!!
    And i liked pokemon coz i liked CHARIZARD!!!!! and i only watched it at the start coz he wud neva listen to ash *heheh*

i think u cant trade back iz because it would not be compatible with RsEfrLG; u see, i think they release the pokemon or delete it in ur rSeFRlg game and just input a pokemon exactly the same into sum ParK!

Back