• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what do u think about this generation?

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    They were in desperate need of new creatures to fascinate kids so they whipped up a batch of strange Pokemon to make more money. Not that it was a good batch! Some are uglicious, others are just plain wrong, like the black cat that looks like its bad luck curse was reflected back at it's deformed body! Or it's just a survivor of road-kill. SEVERAL road-kills.

Anyway, that's all I'm sayin'! The truth sucks just like the cat. The cream puff pink key-chain toy thing is a cute Pokemon, though. Still eerily small and happy! XD

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Some poke look like kid's drawings.

Are you referring to the sprites used in the games? If so i agree with you totally. I feel that they just simply rushed thinking about the new pokemon they were going to use and it gives the games a big let down. I especially find Jibacoil the evolution of Magneton a huge failure as it just looks reall scrapy and messy.

~Kipper~

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    They should let fans send in Pokemon suggestions and drawings. They know what appeals to their OWN crowd best. I know I am about to get yelled at for even thinking this. If they can't NOT make crappy or just pointless Pokemon, let all us loyal fans push them in the right direction.

When I was little I drew a pretty red fox with lots of tails, another evolution option for Vulpix, but now I doubt it should really exist. I think Eevee having a steel type evolution would've been a nice addition to the D/P collection.

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2006
    I think this Gen, maybe the best. Sinnoh, is one of the best Regions, IMO. Pulse, some of the new Pokemon, look cool.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I hate some of the new Pokemon, like that bee one...
    what kind of honeycomb flies around? I swear Nintendo are having a brain fart...
    some of the pokemon are also just plain ridicuolous.... I mean, some look okay, but the new ones are just.... weird.

Years
    I hate some of the new Pokemon, like that bee one...
    what kind of honeycomb flies around? I swear Nintendo are having a brain fart...
    some of the pokemon are also just plain ridicuolous.... I mean, some look okay, but the new ones are just.... weird.

IMO,

about 3 look Great
    about 15 look okay
    and the rest are terrible.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    the honeybee chain is one that i'm actually looking forward to. like miltank, beequeen's ability is not only interactive, but also helpful in battle.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Aug 16, 2008
    There are two different kinds of good Pokemon - the cute/interesting small ones (that get memorable anime episodes about them) and the awesome, put-it-in-my-team huge ones (any metagame Pokemon). Very rarely do you get a popular one (like Pikachu, Charizard, or Lucario) that is also a good battler. The sad fact is that, in general, the new gen. 4 Pokemon are weak in these respects.

Personally, I'm just excited that there are new Pokemon. Some stink on ice, and some rock out loud (pardon my bluntness). We all have to live with it. Might as well be optimistic. Maybe generation 5 will be as good as generation 1? Who knows?

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Personally, I think the 4th generation is crap. With the exception of the starters, which I think are the most creative and coolest looking since R/B/Y, it's really disappointing to me. The thing that really bugs me, and I know I'm not alone, is the number of legendaries. Seriously...there are like 10 too many. Sheimi?! It is the single most pointless legendary of any generation. And of the other legendaries...most of them don't even look like Pokemon. And yes...that includes Diaruga and Parukia. They just don't fit...

Dark Heaven

Brighter than dawning blue.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Dec 17, 2007
    I like this gen, but I didn't like it as much as GSC.

Because I'm getting tired of the same old thing, I guess.

Some stuff shouldn't have been made at all...I was disappointed that Dusclops got evo, and Banette didn't.

Rhydon was already strong enough, but nooooo, they had to give him another evo, making him look like a walking bucket. ~~

I like Gablias though, one of the best dragon ever.

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Sheimi?! It is the single most pointless legendary of any generation.

*Le gasp* DON'T SAY DAT! Sheimi isn't the best, but it isn't the most pointless neither. Sure, it can only learn Grass and Normal attacks along with Rest and Psychic, but it's still cute.

I think the 4th Generation is cool, I think all 107 Pokemon are cool, especially Sheimi, Aruseus, and POCHAMA!, But nothing beats 1st gen.

xlnightmare

The Littlest Nurr
    Years
    Personally, I like them. I think new pokemon just takes new thought and getting used to. I've already started planning the ones I want to capture ^_^ I'm actually excited about the new pokemon. But when 3rd gen came out, I hated them at first...but it tooks some time to get used to.

Years
    Personally, I think the 4th generation is crap. With the exception of the starters, which I think are the most creative and coolest looking since R/B/Y, it's really disappointing to me. The thing that really bugs me, and I know I'm not alone, is the number of legendaries. Seriously...there are like 10 too many. Sheimi?! It is the single most pointless legendary of any generation. And of the other legendaries...most of them don't even look like Pokemon. And yes...that includes Diaruga and Parukia. They just don't fit...

the starters are the worst set yet.
    the fire starter is ok but its evos look crap.
    the whole grass set looks crap.
    but the water starter and evos are fine.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    What is very disappointing to me isn't the cuteness of the Pokes or the excessive Legendaries. It is that the game runs along the exact same concept as the first three. Fire/Water/Grass starters are lame. Crappy Bug Pokes that evolve fully at Lv10 and then suck are lame. Fighting gym leaders who have a shared weakness in their teams is lame. Fighting supposedly the best trainers in the region, called the Elite Four, when there are five, who have the same faulty logic as gym leaders is extremely lame. Can anyone that programs at Game Freak say "difficulty levels" or "switching out"? I am not sure that I want to shell out the bones for a DS, just to get Emerald Revisited.

Years
    What is very disappointing to me isn't the cuteness of the Pokes or the excessive Legendaries. It is that the game runs along the exact same concept as the first three. Fire/Water/Grass starters are lame. Crappy Bug Pokes that evolve fully at Lv10 and then suck are lame. Fighting gym leaders who have a shared weakness in their teams is lame. Fighting supposedly the best trainers in the region, called the Elite Four, when there are five, who have the same faulty logic as gym leaders is extremely lame. Can anyone that programs at Game Freak say "difficulty levels" or "switching out"? I am not sure that I want to shell out the bones for a DS, just to get Emerald Revisited.

Yeah thats my problem too.
    I really have my doubts for this game but i want to get to have a game for each region.
    but I don't only have to buy the game I would have to buy a DS too.

xlnightmare

The Littlest Nurr
    Years
    Really? Ouch...

Yeah thats my problem too.
    I really have my doubts for this game but i want to get to have a game for each region.
    but I don't only have to buy the game I would have to buy a DS too.

You mine as well just get the new DS Lite. Get a used one for like 130 bucks or a new one for twenty more LAWLS.

Seriously, though whether you have doubts or not or just might not get diamond and pearl, get a ds. For the good of nintendo! I don't know where I'd be without my onyx black ds lite <3 I like it cause it's dual compatiability. Certainly worth the money. :D

AC drain

Lak Rabbit
    Years
    The reason I like PD more is because the physical attack change. It makes a lot of pokemon way better, like sharpedo, even though it hinders pokemon like sceptile. Still, I really do hate that mud shot is special now. Doesn't really make sense.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years

I agree on most counts. The gym leaders almost have to stay single type, because that's the trademark of a gym leader - it's to test you with that type, and see if you can surpass it. And about 10/10 of the time, you can. The Elite 4 and the Champion I agree should be a lot more tough. Nintendo did the best job in RBY with having your Rival as the final battle, with his surprisingly tough multi-type team. Wallace is an exception, because water pokemon now are so very versatile.

And don't forget that a lot of the people who play these games are kids, and seeing how most of the older people here (including myself to some degree) have trouble building a team that can take on anyone and everything, it's almost necessary to have a limit on how difficult they make it.

But hey, maybe the AI will be better now. If they can program a computer to take on a Russian Grandmaster of Chess, they can sure as hell make one to take on a Pokemon Grandmaster.

Back