• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen what do u think about this generation?

Years
    I have a few problems with the generation. It seems like he didn't put much thought into it and just made whatever he could, hinting at why there are so many second stagers, pre-evos, and legends. It's not a bad set, just the worst put together set.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
    But hey, maybe the AI will be better now. If they can program a computer to take on a Russian Grandmaster of Chess, they can sure as hell make one to take on a Pokemon Grandmaster.

But they dont because most of the kids who play this game are small children -.- Like shanecdavis and others said, they desperately need a difficulty setting, above all else!!!

As for all the evos/pre-evos, I dont know why you guys are complaining, I remember somewhere that they said that the primary focus of the 4th generation was evolutions for earlier pokémon!!! Of course there are a whole lot!!! My only peeve is that they did seem to either rush through the design phase way too quickly, or choose the wrong pokémon to add evolutionary lines to.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    But hey, maybe the AI will be better now. If they can program a computer to take on a Russian Grandmaster of Chess, they can sure as hell make one to take on a Pokemon Grandmaster.

sure they can, and in response to latios's comment, they can set difficulty levels as well.

but they won't. they're lazy and money-driven.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    I am sure that there are some evil desingers in Nintendo and gamefreak sitting in a dark room and designing the PEREFECT pokemon team and when they finish they give off an evil laugh. but i think they should add the perfect team in and see if anyone could beat them. but they are aware kids might throw their ds out the window because they keep getting OwNeD but an AI.

On topic i like the new Generation every bit except for gregguru i think one of the nintendo desinger's 2 year old Son/Daughter showed it to them and he decided to put it in he game.

AND i don't like the Male trainers sprite (looks like a french guy... no offence pplz of france)

acrof

Power isn´t enough!
    Years
    AND i don't like the Male trainers sprite (looks like a french guy... no offence pplz of france)
    Me neither.

I really think they are doing it in a hurry to release 2,3 ,4 games in a year to us, that´s why the 5th generation is so .... patetic....

I would wait 2 or more years to see a good game, using everything a DS/Wii can offer,
    with a good set of pokemons, trainers, animations, story line, features, etc .....................

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    Well, after looking at all of the new pokemon on Bulbapedia, I'm pretty excited about the new generation. There are more potential favorites for me than I thought there'd be.

The ones I really think I'm going to LOVE are:

Crecelia – So pretty! Shiny and colorful psychic birdie, with a nice shape. Actually there are a lot of birds this time around, but this one's my favorite.

Glacia – Because, I love all the Eeveelutions and all such four-leggers, and this one looks really cool.

Karanakushi – OMG! Sea slugs!!! I always liked sea slugs (nudibranchs) because in real life, they're awesome. They don't sound beautiful or interesting but they ARE. And they made pokemon out of 'em, hoorah!! I especially like the blue guy. :3

And of course, the evolved form Toritodon; but I like the blue Karanakushi best. I don't imagine they're the most powerful or anything, but I don't go by that…XD

Other than that, there's…

Leafia – of course.
    Cherinbo – It looks like cherries, how kawaii.
    Kolink/Luxio/Rentorer – They're lions, but my first thought was 'blue mouse things with stars on their tails!' Mouse, lion? Could I be more off? It's the ears. Anyway, they're interesting.
    Mimilop – A bunny! Looks cute.
    Mitsuhoney – A flying honeycomb! Maybe ridiculous, but the thing is mondo cute.
    Mantyke – Another favorite aquatic creature of mine is the ray. I love Mantine, and even though this is just a baby version…it's adorable.
    Sheimi – Also cute looking.
    Keikouo/Neorant – Fishies with butterfly wing-shaped fins! =D I like a lot, particularly Keikouo. Apparently it's based on the neon tetra. Cool, I have about 6 of them!
    Muskippa – Fly traps of any sort are neato.
    And I like the expression on Nyarmar's face.

Now there are some that I was especially curious about…
    PorygonZ. The pic is really small, but from what I see, I like the first two (especially Porygon2) much better.
    Lisyan – If it's supposed to be some kind of yellow smiley face, I think that's cute.
    Domirror – Intriguing…
    Hipopotas – Omg. Possibly the freakiest looking one. That huge snout and those eyes don't seem to go together. Silly.
    Mojumbo - Nice to see that old Frykin known as Tangela again! Electabuzz and Magmar too.

Finally, I noted Minomutchi/Minomadam. They're very, very weird. The Steel form covered in building insulation especially…I thought it was cotton candy. O__o I like it though.

Mystic Waters

The Ultimate Ice/Water Trainer
    Years
    I really dont have a problem with the 4th gen pokes, i mean, the horrid design of some of the pokes and of course the legendaries , are just minor hinderances, to me its all about the battle, if the pokemon is ugly oh well lol, as long as it can attack im happy :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Me neither.

I really think they are doing it in a hurry to release 2,3 ,4 games in a year to us, that´s why the 5th generation is so .... patetic....

I would wait 2 or more years to see a good game, using everything a DS/Wii can offer,
    with a good set of pokemons, trainers, animations, story line, features, etc .....................

...You mean 4th generation. And...it's SIX games (Diamond, Pearl, Ranger, Battle Revolution, Blue Rescue Team, and Red Rescue Team).

jmb_jolteon

email:joshuamb_1994@html. com
    Years
    i rekon gablias and all its prevos are pointless i mean look at sharpedo it even has a star on its head like its just been changed to look different but it really the same i reckon they should of made it an evo of sharpedo

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    People, the reason why so many Pokemon got powerful evolutions, and why the Pokemon themselves are powerful is because of the new strategy system that Nintendo put into it. Therfor making them have to be strong

Years
    The Uber metagame has, already been pretty small, now that they added to it people think the world is going to end (except Darkrai can actually do it, it really IS that Evil.)

Some pokes really needed evos but instead got pre-evos, like Chimecho and Sudowoodo, who are at the bottom of the metagame. Flareon needed an evo too, seeing it has the worst luck when being created .-.

some pokemon are just taking the jobs of other pokes, seeing sheimi will probably be OU, it will take Celebi's job as a celeric, but still cant do it as well.

The 4th gen pokes just look weird to me, they could have done a better job making the sprites <_<

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I like the new generation, but I expected more Pokemon for this generation (at least up to 500 or 501). Well, some of the designs of the evos, pre-evos and some new Pokes could use some work on it, and as everyone says (and I agree along), there shouldn't be that much legendaries. :\ Other, than that, everything else is cool. :)

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Well I don't like some of the new Pokemon. I think they might have been desperate so they came up with whatever came to mind. Like Fuwaraido. Satoshi Tajiri was probably sitting in his room thinking about new Pokemon and looked out the window for ideas and saw a hot air balloon. "Hey I could make a Pokemon out of this!"

I also hate Mirakuge. It doesn't look like a Pokemon at all. It looks like something you'd see on a fortune teller's desk.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    hey that ghost/flying thing is a neat poke... but i agree with you on the mirror poke. it's definitely a poke designed for an upcoming plot in the anime... but then they had to give it decent stats as well. it's bad enough that it has no type weakness.

Death Rogers

Great Old One
    Years
    Yeah. I may not like the hot air balloon one but the crystal ball one is a horrible idea for a Pokemon. I hate all of the ones like that. I hate all that are supposed to be inanimate objects.

Years
    Needed either fewer pre/evos, or more original pokemon.

But even with that, this set of pokemon is actually the set I've liked the best since the 2nd gen (which is my favorite). They might have overdone it with all the pre/evos - especially the pre-evos, which can go disappear for all I care - but I still thought they had some pretty awesome ideas this time around.

Heh, the ghost balloons were actually the first pokemon based off inanimate objects that I actually liked...such simple ideas, and yet they work so well.

BlackLabel-Atreyu

Shikamaru - The Lazy Genius
    Years
    I agree with Cowrie(again, haha)
    This generation has the greatest ideas I think, but my favorite before was Hoen.
    Oh, but I do think that they shouldn't have made an Ice Eevee evo with there being water already, but I'm stoked about there being a grass one :D
    I can't wait to see an eevee dragon! That'd be sick man!
    And a ghost one, haha, I seem to like Eevee alot, huh?

A Psychic Espeon

Elite Jonin
    Years
    Yes, I like eevee too, I like the idea of both the ice and grass ones, they look cool. I reckon the lickitung evo is....crapped up, and the nosepass one, it does look like some crappy random drawing. And the magneton evo..what the hell is up with it? I think the Legendaries are all right but as you guys have said, there is way too many.

Back