• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you base your team on?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • My Teams usually composed upon 2 major components.

- Type: I usually like to have different types, especially the primary ones such as Fire, Grass, Water and Flying. I would often add either a ground, electric or Ghost to the rest of the team.

- Appearance: I really choose how the pokemon is going to look a an individual then how it looks as a team. I am strangely picky about this, and honestly, not sure why. XD;

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
  • I love to have cute lookin' pokemon on my team, and I really dislike it when I have two of the same type on my team.. ;_:

~Akiko

<3
    Years
  • My team is really just what I find cute or just fun to use. :)
    I try to play competitively with it but I haven't had much luck yet. I just need to keep reworking things around. ^^

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Just whatever Pokémon interest me. I also try and avoid having the same type twice and if I do it's because of dual-typing.

Years
  • Basically, I just create teams filled with pokemon I like. I don't balance out with types or anything, only with pokemon I like and will actually use.

竜の子

Avy made by Trainer Touko
    Years
  • I base them on design or need

Design cuzI don't see looks I see if it looks kawaii/kewl

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2011
    I try to use pokemon that nobody uses, but are still good

Same, very picky on the ones EVERYONE uses. Also, I like to have a team that is capable of 2x every single type. So I look for double type pokemon and stuff

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Random things I feel like raising into an awesome team. Usually try to use Pokemon I've never used before, or haven't used in a long time.

JimJams

Giggles at the Ghosties
    Years
  • Whatever I feel like. I typically train the ones that I favor design-wise, but I try to keep the team balanced and made up mostly of dual-types.

qw13

Please do not read this text.
    Years
  • I take Blue's HGSS team, take his Pokemon types, add Electric and Ghost. Then i select my 6 Pokemon. My Pokemons must have that types.

Qin

The Flaming Rat's General!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Pokemon with a High Defense or Special Defense, and then some sort of recovery move. You can't win a battle if your enemy will not fall!

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    POWER!!!

But no. I like to cover all bases with my team, this means lots of dual-types and Pokemon capable of learning a variety of moves of different types. I tend to favor Pokemon that I like the design of or have amazing attack stats... It's amazing how frequently the two overlap!

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Team set-up for every play-through:

-Starter (Water, Fire, or Grass)
    -Starter-type not covered by Starter, preferably dual-type
    -Starter-type not covered by Starter, preferably dual-type
    -Electric-type (If appearance is appealing)/Flying-Type (Dual-type that isn't Water, Grass, or Fire)
    -Psychic-Type
    -Dark-Type/Ghost-Type/Fighting-Type
    -Pokemon that appeals to me most that is a type not covered by the above.

Back