• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what do you belive happens when you die?

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    what do you belive happens when you die? i belive, when you die, you are reincarnated and allowed to live another life

Detox

I was going to post something gruesome but naw, thats not me

I believe that when you die, your spirit either goes to Heaven, or condemned to hell for all eternity...IDK, I was raised that way.

PokemonFanatic2

Under the rainbow
    Years
    Then we would've remembered our past lives. ( reply to Aura ashley)

Maybe when you die it's just like the feeling you have when you are sleeping... Nothing. Possibly dreams.. But possibly not since your body eventually dissolves into the earth when you die

AuraAshley

Years
    Then we would've remembered our past lives. ( reply to Aura ashley)

Maybe when you die it's just like the feeling you have when you are sleeping... Nothing. Possibly dreams.. But possibly not since your body eventually dissolves into the earth when you die

to the past life thing, we can and cant remember our past lives. we remember our past lives through dreams and through deja' vu(ex. you go to greece one day. you know for a fact you have never been to Greece but when you go there you know where everything is plus you get the feeling youve been there before) and we dont remember our past lives for this reason; our mind isnt developed enough to hold that may memories and knowledge.

i mean think about it, reincarnation would make the most sense. how come people can remember things they know they never have been to in this life? how come we have so many people on this earth and how come no one has proven that there is a god. now dont get me wrong i belive there is a god, but heres a question. why would, if theres a god, put someone on this earth who is cant make friends, is heavy and not thin like everyone else and has a family that hates them?

Detox

Im sure no one's family hates them =/. That would just be terrible. And besides, Everyone is unique in their own special way.

AuraAshley

Years
    Im sure no one's family hates them =/. That would just be terrible. And besides, Everyone is unique in their own special way.

yes true that everyones unique but why would god make people who dont even live past birth or people that die by age 10 or people that are mentaly retarted. i thought we are all made in gods image.

PokemonFanatic2

Under the rainbow
    Years
    to the past life thing, we can and cant remember our past lives. we remember our past lives through dreams and through deja' vu(ex. you go to greece one day. you know for a fact you have never been to Greece but when you go there you know where everything is plus you get the feeling youve been there before) and we dont remember our past lives for this reason; our mind isnt developed enough to hold that may memories and knowledge.

i mean think about it, reincarnation would make the most sense. how come people can remember things they know they never have been to in this life? how come we have so many people on this earth and how come no one has proven that there is a god. now dont get me wrong i belive there is a god, but heres a question. why would, if theres a god, put someone on this earth who is cant make friends, is heavy and not thin like everyone else and has a family that hates them?
    Hmm. Well there is no specific answer to whether there is a God or not, but there is no direct answer to either beleifs..

I am getting bothered by this question ._. I am going to another thread

Gusxx1

Name/FC: Gus / 4082 1523 9868
    Years
    Well i'm gonna post my opinion, so some people might and might not be offended anyway.
    First i don't believe in anything, just to let you all know..

I personally think that when you die, your just going into an eternal sleep. You know when you sleep you usually dream of something or you just go to sleep and wake up the next morning like the last 7-10 hours of your life just went by. That is what i think happens when you die.

You know how people are in comas, like the guy who was in it for what? 10-30 years something like that? And then he woke up and still thought it was 1984? Well that is what im assuming its like because when he finally awoke he still thought the year was 1984. What does that tell you?

So yeah, in my opinion when you die you just go into sleep mode, but you don't wake up because your body dies.

AuraAshley

Years
    well heres a question to add to this

who belives there is actually a god?

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I believe when you die, there is nothing. You are gone, with all your memories and emotions.

And to the "Do you believe in a god question"

No, I do not. I am an atheist. Don't get me wrong, I gave Chritianity a fair chance so it's not like I only know one side of the story. I've actually attended sunday school for years (what a waste of my time). Honestly, if there was a god, why would so many people be miserable? Starving? Why would diseases like aids, cancer and MS ruin peoples lives? Even those who worship that god?

But I respect anybody's views on the topic, and am anxious to read other peoples posts on the matter.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    You are either
    a) reincarnated
    b) sent into heaven where you are sent to your own personal mini planet where everything is how you want it and such.

AuraAshley

Years
    You are either
    a) reincarnated
    b) sent into heaven where you are sent to your own personal mini planet where everything is how you want it and such.

truth be told i actually like your theory of what happens after you die.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    Not that I'm not an optimistic individual or anything...But I'm not holding out much hope on there being any significant happenings after we die. I mean, if you think about it, each of us didn't exist until we were conceived. Our concept of life and time didn't begin until we were born. So, what happens before conception? We're obviously not self aware because there is an absence of life. Time for us begins at conception, even though time has been going on long before that happens. I think the same idea applies to death. Once we die, our "selves", in terms of our thoughts and self-awareness, cease to exist, because our brains have obviously stopped working. So essentially, with death comes a loss of our sense of being, which I would equate to the state of not being conceived yet. When we're gone, there's nothing to rationalize or think about...we're simply gone.

I feel like I could have explained that better =/

Anyway, as for what happens after the loss of ourselves, I have no clue. Maybe our spirit lives on. Maybe we're reincarnated. Maybe nothing. Who the hell knows? I'm not religious, so I don't believe in a dressed-up afterlife. I think humans struggle to grasp the thought that there is nothing after death, so we constantly wonder about it and assure ourselves that it's not the end of our lives. So I guess I'm not that insecure about it. Maybe I'm even a bit curious. Either way, I guess I'll just see what happens :O

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    Not that I'm not an optimistic individual or anything...But I'm not holding out much hope on there being any significant happenings after we die. I mean, if you think about it, each of us didn't exist until we were conceived. Our concept of life and time didn't begin until we were born. So, what happens before conception? We're obviously not self aware because there is an absence of life. Time for us begins at conception, even though time has been going on long before that happens. I think the same idea applies to death. Once we die, our "selves", in terms of our thoughts and self-awareness, cease to exist, because our brains have obviously stopped working. So essentially, with death comes a loss of our sense of being, which I would equate to the state of not being conceived yet. When we're gone, there's nothing to rationalize or think about...we're simply gone.

I feel like I could have explained that better =/
    Hard to explain, Isn't it? I understood though, thats the same way I think.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Life after death is one of the questions about life that will never be answered through fact, not opinion.

Honestly, I would like there to be a 'heaven' or a 'hell', but my brain, my common sense, tells me that there is neither. Because of this I don't know what's after death. Maybe you repeat your life over and over again? Maybe your reincarnated into an insect or an animal of some type? Or maybe you just fall into an eternal sleep never waking up?

I don't know and truthfully I hope we humans never find the answer to this one question.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    u go to heaven and then u ride down back to earth on wonder gaurd angel lucario lol

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    I don't really knows what happens when you die. All I know that when you die, you got to heaven, if you are good and hell, if you are bad.

Back