• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call them?

What do you call them?

• Sandals - the classic

Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Flip-flop - the valley girl rendition

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Thong - straight from the '60s (and not to be confused with a certain type of undergarment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Smickey-smak - the '70s

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Flip-Flops, duh? Abercrombie calls them Flaps..but Flip-Flops sound better. I have liek 29058490375849 pairs of them from American Eagle, Hollister and Abercrombie. I actually wear flip-flops year-round, they look good with jeans so hell yess.

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I call them sandals, or slipperish thingumies.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I call them flip-flops. I find that calling them 'thongs' usually causes confusion XD

Principal on intercom: Students, remember the dress code! You are not permitted to wear thongs to school. *click*

*80% of students in the school start laughing (which, I must add, is kind of immature)*

Principal on Intercom: *click* We mean the shoes. *click*

...Anyway, I call those shoes without the toes that aren't flip-flops 'sandals' (if you know what I mean). I've never heard anyone use that other name.

Back