• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you call your parents?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Specifically, What do you address them by?

I call them Mommy and Daddy and as for my grandparents. Mama and Papa.

Years
    I call my mother Mom. When I refer to my father, it's usually "my dad", sometimes "my father", depends on the conversation. I call my stepdad by his first name; did so when my mom dated him, just carried over when they married.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    When I'm actually talking to my mum, "Mummy" or "Mum". As for my dad, it's either "Daddy" or "Dad". When I'm actually referring to them it's usually "my mum" and "my dad".

Telling somebody "my mummy" just sounds awkward.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I address them as "Mom" and "Dad", and refer to them as "my mom" and "my dad". There's an inside joke between the three of us about being called "Jeff Bagwell and Miss Tomball", but it'd take too long to explain thoroughly, so forget I mentioned it. XD

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    When speaking to them, "Mom" and "Dad". When referrencing them in conversation "Mother", and "Father". I call my stepmom "G-Mom" because her name is Geneva, and I wasn't allowed to call her by her first name when I was younger. I call my stepdad by his first name, though, Jonathon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I just simply call them Mom and Dad. Pretty boring, but Ilike simple things.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I call my mother 'mama', my dad...'dad', and my step dad 'Bubba'. It's cause when he and my uncle were kids, he couldn't said 'brother' and called him bubba, so his kids call him Uncle Bubba and when my mom and us found out, we thought it was funny so we carried it on.

JeXsus™

I don't need an avatar!
    Years
    • Age 31
    • NY
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    I call my mom, Ma. And I call my pops, Pa. I'm too lazy to call them mother and father. ^_^

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...well sort of complicated for me.

I live with my grandparents, who I call Nan and Pop (and refer to them by that too).

And then there's my mother, who I sometimes refer to by her first name or "my mother", idk depends. My Dad, I used to call Dad, but now I never see him so don't really need to say that. Oh and when talking directly to my mother, I don't call her anything.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    ...hey you. :D

I call my dad 'daddy', and my grandma 'nanny' 83

and oi. oi is a big one. D:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    "Mama" and "Papa" is what I call my parents. I'unno, its just how it goes. :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I call both of them by their first names. Apparently that's disrespectful, but I don't see why. I just feel more comfortable referring to them by their names, anything else sounds weird.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I havn't said my parent's names for years I just realised.... xD Anyway, I call my mum "Mum" or ((this is weird)) at night time I call her "Mummy" xD I just call my dad "Dad".

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I tend to just call my mom...mom! On the rare occasions I do see my dad, I call him by his first name. Some people think it's incredibly rude, but I don't think I've ever called him anything but his first name, so calling him "dad" would feel rather awkward to me.

Years
    I call my mum "Mum" and refer to her as that, and my dad "Dad", and refer to him as that. As for my grandparents, I called my grandmother (before she passed) "Grandie", and still do when I refer to her. As for my grandfather, it's a simple "Grandpa". :D

Back