• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do when you discover a hair in your food?

What do you do when you find a hair in your food?

• Stop eating.

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Take the hair out, and keep on eating.

Votes: 20 80.0%

• Total voters

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    How do you react to finding a hair in your food? Do you take the hair out and keep on eating, or do you stop eating?

I take the hair out, and keep on eating.

My mother freaks out, and has a nervous breakdown whenever she finds one. She throws away the food and complains for half an hour, though her hair is long and thick and could have very possibly been her's.

So what are your actions when you find one? How do you react? Converse. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Usually I don't notice until it's already in my mouth, but in any case I pull it out and carry on. Like anyone with long hair, I usually find it's my own.
    Once I swallowed some cheese, felt there was a hair and grabbed it as the cheese went down my throat. As you can guess that felt weird.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Yeah i just take the hair out no harm.
    But if it would be anything else then i would flick it at my dog :D

kyoisorange

TeamRocketFtw!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2009
    Take it out, and carry on, but I usually do find it a bit revolting, not enough to stop eating though.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    It depends. If it's mine or one of my dogs' fur, I'll just keep eating. If it's random hair, I usually feel like I'm gunna puke and then throw my food out. I think I'm. . A germophobe. XD

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I usually just take out the hair, even though I find it really disgusting. It's horrible eating at my nan's though because all the plates, knives and forkes and everything have dust over, so we usually end up brushing stuff off of it....it's just so horrible. I hate eating there.

Years
    It's just a little hair, not uncommon for anything like that to happen and easily removable. I wouldn't waste food just because of something as insignificant as a little hair, unlike some people I know. So I'd just take it out and carry on eating what's on my plate.

IDIE

I am ready to pimp!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Sc
    • Seen Jun 23, 2009
    If im at a resturant, I stop eating. But when I make the food, i'll take it out and start eating.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    If it's a small piece, it's not a big deal. I'll just pick it out and continue eating. It can't really harm the food in any way =/

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I would not want to waste the food that someone or myself has worked so hard for...

A hair is a hair, and your food is delicious.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    If it was my own hair, I wouldn't mind, but if it wasn't mine and I was eating out in public, I would probably stop eating my food. :x Then I could go complain. :D Since it's a health regulation and all. (Yay for working in the food area)
    plus, they'd give you a new plate for free. :o

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    If it was Aizuke's hair I wouldn't mind. I'd take it out if it was anyone else's.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    A hair won't kill you. I just take it out and continue on eating - It's not a big deal. >__>

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    If it was my own, then I wouldn't mind - I'd just take it out and keep eating. If it's a random piece of hair of someone else's, I'd take it back to whoever made it and complain. xD After all, there are some standards that need to be kept.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I've never understood why people think hair is disgusting. It's just like finding a piece of string in your food, and sure it feels weird in your mouth but it isn't like it makes the food taste bad or something.

So I take it out, and keep on eating.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    Generally I find my own hair in my food so I just pull it out and continue eating.

Now if I'm at a restaurant and they set the plate down in front of me and I spot a hair in the food before I've even touched it then I'll have them take it back if the hair doesn't appear to be mine, but most of the time I just pluck it out and continue eating, then make a mental note to avoid the restaurant in the future.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    If it's at a restaurant, I'd make a complaint about it. If it's food prepared by myself I just take it out and keep eating it.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I used to describe to Disney Adventure magazine when I was kid. I believe in one issue there was a school survival guide or something like that. One tip went along the lines of:

"Found a hair in your lunch from home? Relax, it's just your mom. Found it in your cafeteria food? FREAK OUT!"

Back