• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you hate about Platinum?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I hate that I have to wait until next week, when the DSi is released in the US; to get it because I sold my last DS. :(

Years
    I hate that they made such a big deal about how cold it had gotten around Sinnoh, so much that they even resprited the characters to look like they're dressing warmer, and they showed about 80 screenshots of the first two towns and the first couple of routes having snow everywhere, but past that point there's no snow at all, save for the town which was capped in snow in the first game.

I kind of felt ripped when I realized that the rest of the towns were basically the same, just with different buildings.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
    Ugh. I tried catching Azelf with All of the PokeBalls I had, but that Pokemon just wouldn't get caught.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    I was also annoyed that only Twinleaf Town, Route 201, and Lake Verity had any snow. I also still hate the route before Snowpoint a lot, it adds nothing to the game play experience whatsoever, and is incredibly annoying. Maybe they could have put in an item like "snowshoes" that would allow you to walk over the snow with out a problem.

Distortion World was not nearly as cool as I thought it would be. It was a very lazy attempt to show off the DS's 3D capabilities. It would have been cooler if it was more like the real world (trees, grass, mountains, maybe even Pokemon) just the physics were tweaked so you knew you were someplace strange.

All in all, it could have been a lot better, but it still is a fun game.

mStar

The Darkness Within
    Years
    It would have been cooler if it was more like the real world (trees, grass, mountains, maybe even Pokemon) just the physics were tweaked so you knew you were someplace strange.

Its not supposed to have trees or grass or mountains or any other Pokemon, that's why its called The Distortion World, and like they said in the 11th movie, Giratina is the Only Pokemon, and everything is reversed and stuff.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    Its not supposed to have trees or grass or mountains or any other Pokemon, that's why its called The Distortion World, and like they said in the 11th movie, Giratina is the Only Pokemon, and everything is reversed and stuff.

And I was saying, in my opinion, how they could have made it better. It isn't 'supposed' to have anything, it's entirely up to what the game designer wants. But the way it is now is bland and really not very fun after the first visit, in my opinion, and it could have been a lot more entertaining and interesting if they had added the things I mentioned, in my opinion.

Calm down...

Years
    Even though I don't have it, I've read up a little on it. The one thing I don't like is how there isn't a shortcut to the gym leader in the gyms. Even though it's better to battle them, what happens if you run out of potions or something? I'm kind of the more lazy type so I wouldn't want to just go all the way back to the mart and get more then go all the way back.

Another thing I'm not fond of is the Distortion World. Just like Yamikarasu, I think it could've been better. I think it would be better without it. Overall, I think the game looks good, but there's just some things I think it could live without.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    From what I played (I think this is just me) the gym leaders final pokemon seems alot tougher, so I kinda hate that

Cid

Years
    I hate the fact that it had a few (in my opinion, don't go arguing) changes from DP.

I also hate the fact that most Pokémon are not easy to catch/do not easily evolve.
    (and that they took out version exclusives from DP)

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The fact that I still don't have it
    Heh...probably the same things that get me fruastrated with Pearl...

Same with me. ; ;

That's what I dislike about it, but reading this thread makes me wish I had it even more.

xD;

Eh, I'll get it sometime within the next couple of months..

Years
    i hate the fact that the starters for dppt are worst {in my opinion} than those in rse. in rse they were more diverse in type and moves

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I absolutely hate how much they buffed up the E4, although a harder E4 would be cooler later in the game. Not the first time though. Seriously, that Yanmega Aaron has is CHEAP. And Cynthia is way to hard compared to the rest. AND, Giratina was too hard to catch.

Back