• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like about Pokemon?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    Is it the battles? The Strategic thinking? Is it the Pokemon? Are they cool for you? Or is it just nostalgia? That you want to relive the good 'ol days.

I, for one, like the battles and the strategies you put into them. The time you take to come up with strategies and seeing them work is what gives me thrill in the game.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm a huge fan of the competitive aspect. I've gotten into competitive battling three years ago back in 2010, and still into it. I'm not that good of a battler, but I'm not bad either. I have enough skills to carry myself throughout a match; if I'm outsmarted, though, then I could end up losing pretty easily. Other than that, I'm also into the anime. But unfortunately, I haven't been able to watch any episodes since last month, as I haven't had enough time. When I was a kid, I used to be a follower of Pokémon TCG as well. I've grown out of it when I was fifteen, though. ):

Years
    Hmm...

I like the games, exploring each region is always very interesting and whilst I know that the first time we see a region is always the best I will never get bored of re-discovering the regions with each play through. I also love how pokemon can be both simplistic and complex or simple or challenging depending on if you play various challengers, use different teams, just do in-game or focus on competitive battling.

The pokemon themselves are awesome too xD

I will admit though, the anime really got stale for me in BW. I loved the seasons set in Sinnoh and they were probably my favourites of all time but I have given up on the anime more or less now because it just got very dull and repetitive to me. Perhaps I'll give it a look in for the new season but I doubt it will have improved to be frank.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I enjoy the games so much because of the overall gameplay, and exploring the regions, and seeing all of the new Pokemon, and the battles. It's not so much the Pokemon (design-wise) that keep me into it. Most of the time I really like maybe 10 Pokemon or less per region, soooo..

I also like the characters, and their interactions. Which helps me enjoy the games more, and also causes me to still take peeks into the anime and manga.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love the variation. With the super wide range of pokémon available to form your very own special team. There really is a pokémon for everybody's taste.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Honestly, I suck at strategy- even Pokemon strategy, which is why I don't do competitive battles much, and pretty much handle battles with raw power. (fire types, ftw!)
    What I like best about Pokemon i probably all the cute and cool designs more of them have. I'm a very aesthetic type trainer. I'll take and train a pokemon that's cute, or cool, (like pachiriisu or Absol) even if its stats suck, over an ugly pokemon with more superior stats.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I like that the concept and gameplay is simple enough for a child to grasp, yet there are aspects of it complex enough to keep an older player entertained and even find challenging, but still fun all the same. There are just so many ways to play Pokemon.

Years
    I don't know if there's one specific thing I could point to as to why I like Pokemon, but I just think the concept of having highly intelligent creatures that you can use for battling, contests, etc. or just keep as pets always interested me.

Of course, I love the games, and to a lesser extent the anime and TCG, but thinking about Pokemon as a whole is what interests me the most.

Years
    The thing I love about Pokemon is the characters, there are so many fun interesting characters in the series, ranging from player characters, Gym Leaders, villains, Elite Four and Champions alike. And not to mention all the diverse designs in the Pokemon themselves as well.

Aside from that, the strategy is what also keeps me hooked. I love learning more about it over time.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
    I like collecting them all (completing the PokeDex) and competitive battling. I'm still new to the competitive scene, I practice in the Battle facilities across the games.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
    First and foremost, I love the concept of battling. Using strategies coupled with type matchups prove to be fun and challenging, and the fact that each and every battle will always have a different outcome depending on how it is played. I also like collecting and training Pokemon. They provide me a sense of satisfaction as I've always loved collecting things since I was young.

itzBolt

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2013
    I really like the gameplay of Pokemon and the different battles.

- itzBolt

Back