• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Like About Summer?

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I think mostly everybody likes summer, but what specific thing do you like about it. I simply love fact that there's no school. I don't like the weather if it's too hot, and I don't like the bug population when summer arrives.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
    ^^NICK^^ v.3.0 said:
    I think mostly everybody likes summer, but what specific thing do you like about it. I simply love fact that there's no school. I don't like the weather if it's too hot, and I don't like the bug population when summer arrives.

What I like about summer most of all, is the freedom to be able to go to sleep at 3 am, and sleep until the afternoon without worrying about if you have any work to do, or if you have to go to school. During school, your freedom is restrictred greatly, but for those two months, you are free to do whatever you want, without your parents asking "do you have homework?".

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Having time to do your own stuff. 2 months to do whatever you wanna do. Being able to stay up till 4 in the morning, sleep in all day, no one even caring. Being able to swim. Hanging out with friends a lot. Oh yea, and um, NO SCHOOL!!!!. I love summer

~DragonTrainer
    :dragonite

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    - staying up till after midnight
    - all the cool waterparks are open
    - optimal weather for excercising outside
    - no school and/or techers to get on your nerves
    - more free time to do cool things (like art and computer)

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
    Years
    I dislike the cold. I think I like winter best though, because snow is pretty. Winter is dangerous though. So I'm confused. I don't like Spring because it's always when i am anticapating summer, and i hate that feeling. Fall is awkward. Summer is the best I guess. But the heat is killer, and so are some of the spiders!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Beach! Sea! Coral Reef! Hong Kong! Ice Cream! Sunshine! Summer Camp! Hong Kong POkemon Alliance GBA battle summer! Comic World18! Cosplay! Pokemon Miracle! Team Aqua! ...........................many more

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i like summer because my job at a summer camp at my church is the best ever. seriously, it's really fun. and summer's also awesome because it's the only time i'll get to see my girlfriend (she's staying with us for 2 weeks) i get to go to catalina island and drink pineapple soda (with my cousin) i'm allowed to invite myself over to my friend's house anytime (well, whenever he's home) and i get to go on a houseboat for a week with one of my youth groups (starting monday)

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I love being able to swim whenever I want, and having all of the free time. As long as the weather isn't too hot, then it's a nice time to be outside. My family has a lot of cookouts and get-togethers, so it's so fun! ^_^ And, since my grandparents live on a lake, they have boats and jet skis, so we get to ride them a lot.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Summer is the only time of the year I have energy during the daytime since I can sleep late...I suppose that's the best thing, as well as not having to worry about work and grades and due dates until August...I really feel like sleeping all the time anyway, I'm just so worn out x_x I worked myself harder this year than any other year and I really need a rest.

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Holy crap, I hate the heat, but I lurve the vacation! -_^ I get to stay up extra late, I get to finally run outside and not care about no teachers or homework. And I get to surf the internet every day! XD Summer vacation's the greatest! ^.^

*dies*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The ability to slack off and not feel guilty, I guess. ^_^; This won?t even apply in a year or two from now anyways, since summer is just a hotter time to go to work when you?re old. ;p

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    CaRtOON said:
    Holy crap, I hate the heat, but I lurve the vacation! -_^ I get to stay up extra late, I get to finally run outside and not care about no teachers or homework. And I get to surf the internet every day! XD Summer vacation's the greatest! ^.^

*dies*
    Get an air conditioner at home.
    And stay in it always.

Ah, summer vaccation is the most important thing in summer!

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    jynx said:
    Get an air conditioner at home.
    And stay in it always.

Ah, summer vaccation is the most important thing in summer!

Air conditioners aren't all they're cracked up to be :P Ours is only strong enough to keep one room cool, and that's only if all the doors to that room are closed, so it's staying cold at the price of being imprisoned in one room for hours at a time with my whole family...a regular fan does just fine for me :P

I hate the summer heat...whatever strength I gain in the summer it takes from me...I'm usually just laying in my bed in front of my fan during the summer when I'm not doing anything else. It's a shame we never get out of school for long periods of time when the weather's nice. I'd much rather be out from March to May than from June to August...

Back