• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like/not like in a username?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Mods, if this is the wrong section, my bad :X

The title says it all, really. What usernames do you like, and what makes them sound bad.

In my opinion, a little humour is always appreciated, but I think that numbers in usernames generally look a little n00by (unless they're a reference to something, like 42)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Any username is cool to me so long as it's readable. If it's a bunch of foreign signs that my computer doesn't recognise, I tend to get a bit ticked off.

Ashmi

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵? ??)
    Years
    Any numbers or strange characters tend to look really noobish in my eyes.

Wish

No spoils for the meek.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2018
    What I do like in a typical Username is something that I could remember easily.

Something with random numbers or a username which enables me to copy and paste the username tends to be very annoying.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    I really hate numbers in usernames too~

I'm really starting to wonder about my own username, it looks quite long.
    When I can, I think I might shorten it. But it will still have something about a houndoom.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    But it will still have something about a houndoom.
    Orange-Houndoom maybe?

I like the usernames that abuse some sort of even, person or pokemon, as long as its not rude then its fine...And also i don't like the foreign sort of letters alli could understand onmy old laptop was a bunch of squares [][][][]

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Lolz, yeah, Numbers are pretty noobish.

I don't personally, but people tend to hate dash signs (-) In a name like mine. I've gotten critisized for it. Lolz

I don't like those names in Chinese/Japanese, either. Mostly Because I don't know what it's saying.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I'm really picky with usernames. I dislike most of them. I only like them short and sensible.

...One thing I cannot stand is numbers. :x Something about them is just... annoying. :x I hate them.

devilicious

dream
    Years
    I dislike 'sentence' names in general, but I have to admit some can end up cool.

And unlike many others, I have nothing against numbers, as long as they're not excessive.

Lucent

✿ border of life
    Years
    I really hate usernames with loads of numbers in them, and I hate ones that are too cliche. Oh, and I hate usernames with multiple words that are squished together to make one word, with all the words being lower-cased. Single lower-cased words are fine, but if there is more than one word in a username, I prefer that it be grammatically correct.

This all coming from the editor's daughter.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Jesus, there are so many haters here. Numbers are fine as long as they aren't excessive. Take my username for example. I have 27 at the end. Now, some of you may criticize me for it and think that a random number generator came up with it when plain old 'Jlizard' was taken, but it wasn't. It has great significance to me both on the internet and in my everyday life. Maybe try to find out why the numbers are there before you "Callz out teh n00bxxors" for have a name like that. [/rant]

Now, any username is fine by me, as long as it isn't super long (meaning upwards of like 25 char.) and doesn't have any suuuppper special symbols. Something like Pokéman is fine by me because one, I can type it with my computer and 2, I can just refer to him as Pokeman. However, anything from Wingdings or a symbol that cannot be made by using alt, option, control or command sorta bugs me (notice my name change =p).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Any username with Lucario in it (especially with "master" or numbers after it) normally means that the user is not good at battling/admitting that he/she is not good at battling. Not always but...you'd be surprised. It's like the Charizard of this generation. Ugh.

Otherwise, I'm tolerant of usernames unless they're just super ridiculous, but there aren't that many of them. Even numbers aren't that bad unless they're used in excess.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    One or two numbers are fine, to me ( I used to be Mew20, myself. ) However, things like naruto1234567 or pika77897243chu? Yeah. Hate 'em. :|

I really don't mind most usernames, except for those types. Also ones with characters that I can't see on my Laptop, which... I think there aren't any now, so yay. |3

Back