• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you like/not like in a username?

Cloudskye

My Own Personal Hell
    Years
    If you've got a bunch of random numbers slapped at the end of your user name, I instantly have less respect for you. Not saying that I automatically hate you, it's just you'll seem more childish in my view.

And anything that's spelled wrong really rubs me the wrong way. I mean, seriously people, this is your user name. People are going to look at it and be like "Oh, that redneck can't spell."

Also, anything that has to do with Twilight >_>;

But I do like creativity in user names, and humour. Obscure references to books and movies are also tank.

Agreed.

That gets annoying after a while. You should see TLS, the other forum I come from. All they talk about is "tits or gtfo".

Twilight's not THAT bad. Is it?

Ricky429

Turtwig lovers unite!!!
    Years
    Alot of dislike for numbers. Mine aren't random though when I made this screen name i was 15 and 4+2+9=15 and it sounds cool after Ricky (Which is my nickname).

I don't like random symbols pretty much.

Years
    I absolutely hate long names, and those that emulate phrases like "My Squirtle Wants To Kill Your Mama" and that sort of crap.

Oh, I also hate those dyed a silly shade of crap-green, my god, what sane person would live comfortably with a name of that color? It totally sucks!

I honestly don't have a problem with names besides that.

Oh yeah, I also dislike stupid yellow rodents. I know it has nothing to do with the topic, but I just hate them.

Years
    Oh, I also hate those dyed a silly shade of crap-green, my god, what sane person would live comfortably with a name of that color? It totally sucks!

Butbutbut THAT MEANS YOU HATE ME T______T

I'm usually pretty cool with people's usernames, even the kind like bob123 (although they're not my favorites). The most annoying thing, though, is when they're long and have no spaces. It stretches the left postbit, and it's really annoying. >:( They're not easily ignored.

What I like? Anything more creative than my username, that's for sure. Which is... a lot of them, I suppose. XD

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I am fond of short, one word usernames. I appreciate a username that is memorable without trying to stand out with anything special.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    I like usernames that are just one word. Not the long and pretentious ones that you pull out of a dictionary at random, just almost-everyday words that you wouldn't think to use as a nickname, but are very easy to remember and type. Maybe I will remember some examples later.

I am not particularly fond of usernames that are so overused and generic they have to have large amounts of numbers or special symbols added, especially on a Pokemon forum where there's like a billion ShinyUmbreon4628264's and what not. It just makes it hard to address them, is all. This is not to say that people can't have usernames that are named after a certain Pokemon - I do, obviously.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Pretty much, no stupid numbers, no misspellings. I'm ok with some long ones, so long as the abbreviation is decent. I like ILaYM. It's like a cheap-o iPod. *shot* Ah, well. I like my new name, mOOG ok, of course I tried coming up with something better, but I couldn't. -_- '. Also, if you can't pronounce it, it's no good for me.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Underscores, numbers, and n a m e s like that are what ruins the username.

Make something short and sweet then come back and see how many people respect you a little bit more.

Years
    A username with any characters other than letters in it, I don't like. Just a personal thing I suppose. But mine's after an ingredient in chewing gum, so who am I to complain. XD

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Jun 1, 2024
    I particularly like those dyed a shade of sexy seafoam green. Although Cowrie and Sammi are better names than Sylphiel and Sana. D:<

THESE THINGS IN NAMES BELOW I PROBABLY DISLIKE
    I hate all names that tried to emulate "Careful With That Axe, Pichu!" with the obvious exception of the original username itself, "Watch That Pin, Drifloon!" and "Suck Harder, Pelipper!" (ok, yeah, I made the last one up myself)

Those with excessive characters or any tildas in it. ~~No, there aren't~~~ ~any~ exceptions.~~

Japanese names that don't sound good. Examples of good Japanese names are (lol I can't think of any right now)

Using _ to separate words. I don't mind if it's at the _beginning or end_ (or _both_) but_this_just_doesn't_work.

Numbers that aren't part of the name. "I like 69" is fine-69 but the latter is not.

Symbols that are ugly. For example: ☺ and ☻

Misspellings.

That is all. Thank you.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I like composed names if they're humorous. If not, I like something clever, in one word and simple. Capitalization is a must. I hate numbers in a username unless it fits, which is hardly does, I feel.

2A4Rulez

Kurotsuchi FTW
    Years
    Stupid names like darkrential. That was my name when I came for Shiny Gold.1A4 is the name of my class, so I named my self 1A4Rules and my message says 1A4Rules!!! 1A5Sucks!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I really don't like super-long usernames or anything with numbers in it. Personally, I prefer short and simple one; two words maximum. And I really don't like usernames names after Pokemon. XD; I see too many of them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Like: Correct capitalisation; one/two-worders.
    Indifferent to: Numbers; the writing system used (i.e. latin, cyrillic).
    Dislike: Underscores; names akin to 'PokemonMaster'; sentences as names.

Last edited:

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I can't believe a lot of people hate numbers. I feel completely hated now. xD Will have to change it so I can make more friends.

I hate ones I can't read, or are super long.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Usually usernames with numbers are not to my liking but occasionally they're good.
    I like usernames that match the avatar ;)

L

Vocaloid fan
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2020
    I tend to stray away from screen names containing excessive numbers and Japanese characters which are impossible for me to read.

Back