• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    I want Kanto to be in it but be harder and play a bigger part of the story than it did in the original Gold and Silver. You can clear all the gyms in a couple of hours in the old versions.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't want to see the Battle Frontier in the game. We had too much of that now, in my opinion. Maybe the Battle Tower would suit it better.

Years
    1. Honey Trees (I prefer the Headbutt trees. But, I won't complain if Honey Trees are there... (yes I will just not on this site. ;))
    2. JOHTO Gym Leaders with KANTO POKEMON. (GIVE THEM JOHTO POKEMON.)
    3. TRAINERS WITH CATERPIE, WEEDLE, PIDGEY, and RATTATA. Give them: SENTRET, MAREEP, SPINARAK, and HOOTHOOT. Too many trainers have Kanto Pokemon and not enough Johto Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2014
    i wish they won't change the pokegear and the ability to call anywhere.
    and i also don't want them to change the being able to battle ash(red) later after completing all the gym badges.

Last edited by a moderator:

roxas123

Trainer
    Years
    Well I hope they make Red more of a challenge in this game. And some Sinnoh/Hoenn wouldn't hurt, all of the new evolutions could probobly be introduced without too much trouble. Safari Zone should also come back. Kanto should have more Kanto pokemon and have more to do.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    Also I don't want to have applications on pokégear with a snorlax telling me when my cake is done --

about new pokes which evolve from johto pokes: On fire red & leaf green you couldn't get crobat untill you defeated the elite4, i think, so those won't be able from the start i guess.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    **I don't want the Kanto pokemon to overshadow the Johto ones again. Replace some of the more redundant Kanto pokes with Sinnoh evolutions or something, but there shouldn't be so many trainers with Rattata even if the two regions are connected! We're in Johto, so get some Johto pokemon! That goes double for you, gym leaders! *cough*Falkner*cough*

**LOW LEVELS. kthxbai.

**Pulling a FR/LG and restricting trades and evolutions of non-Johto/Kanto pokemon. That is the stupidest idea ever, and no I don't care about it 'not feeling like a remake'. It's already confirmed that HGSS is going to be similar to a new game, so I don't want to see an arse pull like THAT ever again.

**Honey trees, unless they tweak the system so the pokemon arrives instantly instead of having to wait half a day for a freaking Wurmple.

**Half-arsed storyline. Neo Team Rocket needs to be a lot more threatening, even if Giovanni is gone. If the story extended to Kanto, maybe it wouldn't feel so...dead. You've got a lot more material and space to work with, Gamefreak. Use it.

PlatinumDawnFtw

Vocaloid fan~
    Years
    I really hope they don't replace Headbutt Trees with Honey Trees and I hope they don't keep the same rediculously low levels from the old G/S/C.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they ever decided to change the team rosters of te Gyms, then I don't want to see so many Kanto Pokémon either. As for the honey trees, I really wouldn't want to see them, because I rather the instant encounter by simply bumping the tree with Headbutt.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I really hope they don't replace Headbutt Trees with Honey Trees and I hope they don't keep the same rediculously low levels from the old G/S/C.

Well maybe they'll keep the headbutt trees and just add some new pokemon to them. I don't know, but I myself, prefer the headbutt trees instead of the honey trees. I can only hope they leave out the honey trees.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Having both won't make much sense, at least not if the same Pokémon can be caught. I'd rather they either they not have Honey Trees or they not have Headbutt trees, a give and take kind of deal.

Years
    Sweet Scent is good for Bug Catching Contests. It will make the Pokemon appear quicker.

I wouldn't want to see Honey Trees in this game. However, if they had them, I want to get a Teddursa in Ilex Forest or in a Honey Tree. I just don't want it to be a 1% chance of catching a certain Pokemon in a Honey Tree.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Sweet Scent is good for Bug Catching Contests. It will make the Pokemon appear quicker.

I wouldn't want to see Honey Trees in this game. However, if they had them, I want to get a Teddursa in Ilex Forest or in a Honey Tree. I just don't want it to be a 1% chance of catching a certain Pokemon in a Honey Tree.

I don't want to see Honey Trees either, the Headbutt Trees would be perfectly fine. I wouldn't want Teddiursa in a Honey Tree or a Headbutt tree though. I would want it to be found in the grass or so.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    i just dont want there to be 2 things
    1. NO MORE HONEY TREES- these just drove (and continue to drive) me crazy, since it is nearly impossible to catch anything out of them except for burmys

2. i hope that nintendo doesn't put any new forms of pkmn in during the story before the nat dex (ie gligar to gliscor, etc) that would just ruin the nostalgic feel of the game for me

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, and I really don't want a change in storyline like some may want. For example, a plot with Team Rocket and Celebi. I just don't feel it is ready for the remake and isn't needed either.

Back