• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Years
    Yeah, and I really don't want a change in storyline like some may want. For example, a plot with Team Rocket and Celebi. I just don't feel it is ready for the remake and isn't needed either.

I don't want the MAIN story line to change, but if Nintendo adds a side-plot to Kanto I wouldn't complain!

Years
    I don't want to see Honey Trees either, the Headbutt Trees would be perfectly fine. I wouldn't want Teddiursa in a Honey Tree or a Headbutt tree though. I would want it to be found in the grass or so.
    Teddiursa in a Headbutt Tree is stupid, yes, but he was born to eat honey! The Pokémon doesn't actually need to be in the tree to be attracted by the honey.

If honey trees make a return (which I hope they don't, with preference for Headbutt Trees), then Teddiursa must be found this way.

I also hope we don't see Hoenn or Sinnoh lines in existing places. (Well, I could live with a few of them in Kanto, but not too many.)

Hii

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2010
    If there's no Kanto Region in SS and HG a baby WILL be killed.

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    If there's no Kanto Region in SS and HG a baby WILL be killed.
    See this whole "THERE'S GONNA BE NO KANTO" is just getting old and tired.

Without kanto, that kinda takes out a big bite of the storyline. The rocket storyline involving the sabotaged magnet train, Silver's last stand against you before finally admitting his mistakes, and the fact that a lot of old Gen 2 pokemon are only available in Kanto.

There are more factors that say there WILL be Kanto. In fact, there's nothing that even hints to Kanto not being in.

Who even made this lame ass rumor anyway? It's ****ing dumb.

Miss Soupy

o v e r d o s e
    Years
    I don't really want to see a Battle Frontier/Brains again. They were cool the first time, but after Emerald I got kinda tired of them. cx

But I agree with the user above. I don't see why they wouldn't add Kanto... That'd basically be like just dumbing down the original in terms of storyline, imo.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I've been reading, and I'm kind of tee'd off at this:

Why does anyone think that it'd be a good idea to get rid of Kanto?

They'd be taking out one of the best parts of the game, the traveling between two regions was what made the game really special and stand out against the other games. Kanto was a huge part of the story.

The Orange Islands? Really? I know this is a "what you'd like to see in the games" thread, but does anyone genuinely believe they'll put the freaking Orange Islands in place of Kanto?

Anyway...

I'd love it if NOA didn't bring the axe to the Celebi event like they did in Crystal version (but I kind of understand why). It'd be really wonderful if they had the Celebi event, and judging by the recent screens of Pikachu-coloured Pichu at the forest shrine, I'm thinking they will. :D

Also, to everyone constantly whining about "ZOMG Y THEY ALL HAVE KANTO POGEYMANS?!" this is due to the fact that the game's area was massive. 100 Pokemon over a whole region is difficult, especially when you take out 9 of them (starters), 6 of them (legendaries), and the version exclusives, you're left with 80-something Pokemon for the region.

So...

KWolf 2K

Urban Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2011
    I don't understand why they would get rid of Kanto, but then again it's Pokémon, and they'd do whatever it takes to rake in the five-year-old audience.

I hate that they're gonna have the starters follow the player, 'cause what happens when it evolves? I honestly think they wouldn't let you evolve Pikachu in Yellow version because they were too lazy to make the extra graphics.

Shem

Bored...
    Years
    I want absolutely NO major change in the plot. Minor things where you obtain an item not previously available in G/S, sure. But keep it simple, get the badges and tangle with team rocket hindering your journey in their atempts to get rich and attract their former leader out of hiding. No legendaries involved, no cataclysm caused by almighty pokemon!

Plain and simple, greedy people exploiting average pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I Don't want to see any major changes to the actual "spine" of the game. as Johto then kanto upon beating the elite four. I would like to see a few extra sidequests and what not. An expansion of the area between New Bark Town and Indigo Plateau could be very interesting

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I Don't want to see any major changes to the actual "spine" of the game. as Johto then kanto upon beating the elite four. I would like to see a few extra sidequests and what not. An expansion of the area between New Bark Town and Indigo Plateau could be very interesting

I agree. I don't want to see the storyline change at all but there could be a few twists to it.

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    I could do without the random phone calls where the "conversation" is "Hi. I just fought a Machop with my Pidgeot and lost. Too bad, I'll do better next time. See ya!". They were so annoying...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I could do without the random phone calls where the "conversation" is "Hi. I just fought a Machop with my Pidgeot and lost. Too bad, I'll do better next time. See ya!". They were so annoying...

They were a bit annoying, yes. Maybe they could call you for different reasonable reasons.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
    Bidoof. I swear, if they insist on putting Bidoof and Starly into the game, I don't want to see one every five seconds. I am, however, looking forward to hating the junk Pokémon from Kanto and Johto again.

I don't want to see the Pokétch either. Moar Pokégear pl0x.

Years
    Oh G, I hate Bidoof! lol Seriously, I don't want to see any Sinnoh pokes at least until after the national dex. If they really want to add Bee-duh-orff, then they should only have those w/ a Pokeradar or something. I don't want to see Vs. Seeker, unless they make it so you don't have to walk a certain number of steps to recharge it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't like to see any over common Sinnoh Pokémon either, it'll just be a waste of place for a better Pokémon that many players would want.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't want to see any Sinnoh pokemon early in the game. I would leave them until after the Elite Four.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't want the phone to leave as it came in handy, I just don't want them to keep random and unecessary calls in it.

Years
    I really would hate to see new pokemon, especially Sinnoh pokemon. One thing I wanna know is will they make the touch screen the pokegear? Anyways I'd just like it to be as much like the real Gold and Silver were as possible.

the touch screen is gonna be the menu, or thats what's been shown in screenshots, so i'm guessing the pokégear will be like it used to be?

i don't want to see the return of that stupid man on like the first route that, during the day, said he was waiting for night-time pokemon, and during the night said he was waiting for day-time pokemon @_______@

& i don't want the return of that tile thingy in the rocket warehouse in mahogany where voltorb or koffing appeared (might've been other but i cant remember) and you couldnt catch them or run :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Actually I don't care if some Johto-related-4th Gen Pokemon will appear, instead make the native Kanto Pokemon disappear(like Kanto starters, legendary birds etc...)!!

Back