• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think thier should be dppprse pokemon only some of them just like in fire red leaf green but it will
    be after u complete the dex and beat the E4

mustard97

Banned
    Years
    Hahaha, i'm not looking forward to some things like. the fact of all the Crabby's going to whirl island to get Lugia.
    And rival battles are annoying (sometimes).
    Last, all the speaking.. zomg... "So, you are Mustard are you?" "So how would you like to tell me something, like are you a boy or a girl" omg, omg, omg...

LegendMaster97

Commander of SuperRares!!!!
    Years
    Johto region, maybe if they can, they will add a 3-d cutscene of the past when Ho-oh's tower was burned down by team rocket,

a lightning bolt(curse you pikachu!) burned down their tower not team rocket. and i want the apricorns back, a pal park after the elite four and a ferry to the other 3 regions.and i will be flippin mad if they take out Suddowuddo he was iconic. and the cerulean cave should be open. the magnet train should still run. i really hope they don't tak any of this out. and give us back our headbutt trees!

Off Topic: should there be DS remakes of FR/LG and E/R/S???

Last edited:

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
    This has been said before, but I would be really disappointed if I found any Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon in the grass. It's not that I don't like the pokemon, but having them in Johto would be ridiculous.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    This has been said before, but I would be really disappointed if I found any Hoenn/Sinnoh pokemon in the grass. It's not that I don't like the pokemon, but having them in Johto would be ridiculous.

Having the newer generation Pokémon found in the wild before the National Dex wouldn't happen as the original PokéDex count from Gold and Silver is said to return in the remakes, besides the fact it will be given a new look and touch compatability. However, that isn't to say some of the Hoenn Pokémon may appear afterwards when the National Dex is obtained. However, I do agree that I myself wouldn't enjoy having the newer generation Pocket Monsters appear beforehand.

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
    Years
    What do I not want to see? The rivals motives not making sense again. I hope in this remake they give him more backstory and give us the reasons for his actions. X.X Silver never got enough of any of that.

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    I want to see the best pokemon graphics and a nice pokemon story!but i can't wait to see the ecruteak city..or the azalea

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    I agree. And it took Kurt a whole day to make the pokeballs from them. If they do appear, I hope that they're much more quickly made into pokeballs.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I want to see the best pokemon graphics and a nice pokemon story!but i can't wait to see the ecruteak city..or the azalea

Bits and Pieces of Ecruteak City have been shown in scans and previews of the game. However, I wouldn't expect a change in the storyline for the game and that's something I really wouldn't want to occur either. However, I believe that is the least of one's worries seeing as Team Rocket is still there and up to the same plots as the originals. As for graphics, I'd say they are still the same from DPPt, with a few slight differences. The three dimensional portion of the game has been taken another step farther, and at first I didn't want it too much, but after seeing the progress it has made through the game, it has turned out quite well.

I agree. And it took Kurt a whole day to make the pokeballs from them. If they do appear, I hope that they're much more quickly made into pokeballs.

The Apricorns have made a return, which is great and I'm glad it wasn't kept out. However, as for it taking a shorter time period for Kurt to accomplish the completion of making a Pokéball out of them, I wouldn't know. Though, like you I would hope it doesn't take as long as a day either, but more than likely I have a feeling it just might.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    I remember playing through GS like cake, and then hitting the Wall named Will. Whitney excluded, all of the gyms were pretty easy, and its not like the Rockets were ever much of a threat. But then I would finally get to the E4 and my Pokemon had barely broken 40, and Will's Xatu double team was too fast and too hard hitting for me to get past, at least without heavy casualties. I'm not saying lighten up on the E4, I'm saying ramp up the rest of the game. Gens III and IV both had my Pokemon crossing the Lv. 50 threshold by the time i got to the E4, without having to grind. I want the same in HG/SS.

Also, I want to see the Gym leader's team go nuclear after the National Dex. It was cool to fight the Kanto leaders with Johto Pokemon in the originals, and I imagine it would be just as fun to see the Johto AND Kanto leaders beef up their teams with the entire 4th-gen roster after I get the National Dex. I want to see Faulkner with a Starraptor, and Brock with a Rhyperior.

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    I just want to see so many extras. I mean I want the game to be the same until you beat red. So that there is lots and lots to do after!
    A higher difficulty would be really nice!

Velvex the Øverlørd

The Apparition
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2013
    I honestly am not looking forward to the graphics. I've been playing pokemon since Blue and Red first came out, so I got so used to the old 2D graphics, I just don't really like the newer 3D ones. I think the best graphics for pokemon games are the ones in Fire Red and Leaf Green.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I don't want Hg/Ss to share the same Battle Frontier with Platinum,
    'cause that makes Hg/Ss sounds cheap and boring...

In Gen I, Cerulean, Fuchsia shared the same BGM, there are some had their exclusives ones as well...
    But in GSC Cerulean and Fuchsia lost their original BGM, Cerulean's became the same like the one in Pewter.
    Fuchsia had to share with Celadon...
    The Pewter City BGM became more common which annoys me...

Also some places had disappear(I don't mind the Safari Zone now...)
    It just sounds too stupid for me that the Whole Cinnabar just disappear(though it was explained due to volcano eruption)
    But how about the Viridian Forest...?
    Plus some places had their size shrunken...
    Hopefully these things will be improvise...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I hope Red doesn't suck as much as he did in Silver. I fought him the other day and beat him with a team of 50-52 Pokemon. I was disappointed.

Back