• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you not want to see in HG/SS?

Frozen King Prawns

Forget Rollout. NOW! Grrr.
Years
  • We MUSN'T have honey. We MUSN'T have it, to attract pokemon in tiny numbers.

We MUSN'T have it.

Bloody Honey Trees. URGH! I want my Cherubi in grass, like realisticnessly.

I'd also like more things when someone calls you on the phone, as in, they could catch something instead of "just missing it" and it can be added to their team when you battle them next.

I also agree with a few posts above, that like in Emerald, gym leaders should be able to give you rematches, and have R/S/E/D/P/Pt pokemon in their teams.

You should also be able to call trainers on your phone and demand a rematch like they always do, sort of like a Vs Seeker, except you don't have to be withing range.

RR☆Oresama

Why? Has someone died? (¬_¬;)
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    I agree with both of these statements immensely! Especially the part that I bolded. I really don't want to see 3rd and 4th gen Pokemon in Johto or Kanto -- I want it to remain as close to the original as possible. Perhaps I'm just too nostalgic, and miss playing Gold and Silver too much, but I don't want the "newer" Pokemon while playing (at least before I beat the game/complete the dex).

For me, putting Pokemon of a new generation in a remake should only involve the evolutions of a Pokemon found in that very remake's generation. It just dumbens down the originality, and steals the spotlight from Gen II Pokemon!

But what I don't want to see, however, is...

*Over-use of the 3D capabilities of the DS. Sure, it'd be appropriate for cutscenes, special structures in the overworld and the intro, but it should be no more than that.
    *Giovanni appearing in HGSS. He didn't appear in GSC and he shouldn't appear in the remakes. That's a plothole I already solved in my fic, called Kamen Rider Coronet.
    *A low-leveled E4. Seriously, I kept beating these people when I opened up my uncle's Gold on my own Game Boy! Maybe Lv. 50, and Kanto will be Lv. 55 and up, hopefully.
    *The Safari Zone being open BEFORE defeating Janine. Defeating Janine would then bring you to the Safari Zone, a place where that boy of three years ago frequented! XD
    *A Battle Frontier. Okay. Battle Frontiers are great and all, but still! Who would battle that many people? Gradually, I undestand, but there's still a difficulty and pacing issue.
    *A plotline involving Suicune only. Sure, there should be some Crystal in there, but give more focus to Entei or hopefully but not very likely, Raikou! Suicune's over-exposed!
    *No connections to Gen IV. As soon as Jasmine is beaten, I want her to go to Sunyshore City from Cianwood, but she can visit Johto only on certain days of the week.
    *A Celebi-less plotline. The fans from all other territories need some events focused on Celebi! The GS Ball, hopefully, should be transmitted over Wi-Fi not unlike Platinum.

Well, I guess that's it. I hope I'm not asking for too much or anything.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't want to see the other two beasts without story importance.

No body ever even mentions Raikou. He's the most forgoten of the three and deserves more recognition.

Ven~

twelvie lyfe
    Years
  • i just dont want a pathetic E4
    if the johto E4 was level 50-58 and the kanto E4 was level 60+ than it wouldnt be so easy >_<

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2009
    I don't want the Music of the Route 24 be replaced by the standard Route 10 music. I don't want the viridian Forest to be cutdown, no shortened Indigo Plateau, no down-shrinked rock tunnel, no removed seafoam islands, no removed museum, no shortened routes, no shrinked Silph Co., no removed fountain in Celadon City, no shrinked Mt. Moon…

Endless List, everything about the mini Kanto that was SOO bad in the originals.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I don't want the Music of the Route 24 be replaced by the standard Route 10 music. I don't want the viridian Forest to be cutdown, no shortened Indigo Plateau, no down-shrinked rock tunnel, no removed seafoam islands, no removed museum, no shortened routes, no shrinked Silph Co., no removed fountain in Celadon City, no shrinked Mt. Moon…

Endless List, everything about the mini Kanto that was SOO bad in the originals.

Agreed, I wouldn't want to see Kanto so badly minimized as it was before. However, when you noted that the Seafoam Islands was removed, it was actually there before as it was the new gym for Blaine for the time. If you look back, a volcano had erupted in Cinnabar Island, forcing Blaine to move his gym over to the Seafoam Islands. However, with this being said, I would still appreciate Kanto developing a larger size rather than it be shrunken to something that players know can be more.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    I just want to see so many extras. I mean I want the game to be the same until you beat red. So that there is lots and lots to do after!
    A higher difficulty would be really nice!
    ya, i'm loving all the new features
    oh, and if you want a higher difficulty, just choose chikorita as a starter
    oh, wait, what i do not want to see.... hmmm.......... to many catchable 4th gen Pokemon in the wild- they need to take more advantage of the Pokemon they have instead of putting all the crappy (not saying they are all crappy) sinnoh Pokemon in the wild

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • Another thing I dont want to see is having to get the national dex to trade with Platinum because that is where I am transferring my team from Shiny Gold X for yet another run through Johto.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I do not want the music to be changed, except for the instruments. The music is practically what kept me playing this game in the first place. A heavy-metal style Champion music would be fracking awesome.

And yes, the "Hyuck Hyuck Hyuck" needs to stay. He was my favorite rocket grunt. I'm planning on making a HG/SS sprite comic and this wouldn't be complete without him.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • TBH, I don't want to see Kanto being exactly the same as it was in GSC. I want them to make Kanto as awesome as they are making Johto. I want them to have a volcano (to explore) in place of Cinnabar. I want to see the Rocket Grunt that goes "Hyuck, hyuck, hyuck." I don't want him to be removed. Also, I don't want to see a Houndour in Kanto. They must move it to Johto.

I wouldn't want Kanto to be the same as what it was before either. I at least wouldn't expect it to be the same nevertheless knowing GameFreak can still do a lot with it. Like stated, newer building, extra features, and added in gameplay would be a beneficial factor to Kanto. The growth in size as well will play a part in improving Kanto other than leaving it as a mini-region version of the actual area. So, no, I don't want to see Kanto be the exact same either. The same, I don't want to have to wait to reach Kanto to catch certain Johto types as well [Ex. Houndour]. The Safari has been included into Johto, so hopefully that'll make a difference compared to the last.

ya, i'm loving all the new features
    oh, and if you want a higher difficulty, just choose chikorita as a starter
    oh, wait, what i do not want to see.... hmmm.......... to many catchable 4th gen Pokemon in the wild- they need to take more advantage of the Pokemon they have instead of putting all the crappy (not saying they are all crappy) sinnoh Pokemon in the wild

I wouldn't expect to see much or any wild fourth generation Pokémon around. The reason being is because that is what DPPt is for. More so, I would expect to see [besides Johto and Kanto species]some Hoenn Pokémon as well. However, noting that the game is sticking to the original Johto Dex count during the main storyline of the game, we wouldn't see any Hoenn Pokémon in the wild until after the National Dex is obtained. The only fourth generation Pokémon I've seen included so far is obtaining either Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina with the game from the Arceus event.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I know some of these are silly/outlandish, but I'm just taking the title into account. It never said it had to be completely serious.

- Every freaking non-event legendary in existence. XD
    - Whitney's(sp?) freaking Cow with rollout (I really wish I can make steaks out of that thing, but if I had to choose it knowing Rollout vs Stadium 2 where that thing had earthquake, I'd rather it have rollout)
    - Lack of Red Gyarados (I know the red gyarados is in, but still...)
    - E4 Lance being swapped with Lance Bass XD (which is something I don't want to see...)
    - The Japanese version having a nice and easy cloning glitch and NoA deciding to remove it so that the NA version has the lack of a cloning glitch.
    - With the lack of loamy soil, having berries be extremely hard to find. (like you get 500 masterballs through pickup long before you see a single berry and it being the same berry you had found earlier and don't need.)
    - Kanto being short still and with nothing added onto what had been there with G/S/C but sure does it look nice!!
    - The Trainer House in Viridian City being replaced with a less useful Trainer School that serves no purpose.
    - Instead of the Bellsprout Tower from G/S/C, they replaced it with the Lost Tower of D/P/Pt.
    - The Safari Zone being changed at the last minute and replaced with the Great Marsh.
    - Not moving battle sprites. Both Trainers and Pokemon "to enhance the retro gaming experience."
    - Unchanged music from G/S/C again "to enhance the experience." (I do like the music, it's just that compared to D/P/Pt's music, you can really hear its age)
    - To fit in the idea of having Groudon/Kyogre in HG/SS, Game Freak decided to add in Hoenn, but like what happened to Kanto in G/S/C, some places are no inaccessible with the explanation being that there had been a large eruption at Mt. Chimney and buried half of Hoenn in lava or it collapsed from the eruption, making a large lake taking up the same surface area. (I'd rather not see Hoenn at all...)
    - Instead of seeing the same two Admin sprites for Team Rocket, you alternate between Jessie/James and Butch/Cassidy. (which might be interesting and silly but would ruin the game to me)
    - As much background as there was in G/S, if not less.
    - No answer to the question which was spurned by Fr/Lg as to "the boss' kid" having "red hair" and leaves it up to speculation if it is the rival or Flint from the Sinnoh E4.
    - All of the Gym Leaders and E4 are now ten levels lower "so the little kiddies can have fun too."
    - The basement of the Goldenrod Mart is still capable of trapping you there right when you don't have a method of escaping. (I wonder how many got trapped there other than me...) (random thought: I wonder how many Mart employees have discovered remains of trapped trainers who have simply starved or dehydrated to death...)

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't want to put two Snorlax in the Daycare and have a Snorlax hatch...
    It would save me time in evolving, but I want a Pokedex entry!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    It was called the full incense. :P
    And people call me a...wait...I am a geek XD

Back