• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you perfer: RBY/GSC/FR LG RSE/DPP

Which game do you perfer

• Red

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • Blue

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 8 3.9%
  • Gold

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Silver

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • Crystal

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • FireRed

Votes: 9 4.4%
  • LeafGreen

Votes: 6 2.9%
  • Ruby

Votes: 5 2.4%
  • Saffaire

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Emerald

Votes: 22 10.7%
  • Diamond

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Pearl

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • Platinum (yet to come)

Votes: 29 14.1%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I don't really have a favorite. They've all been pretty good, although 3 of the 4 Generations have been overshadowed by their third game.

I'm gonna have to say emerald
    the fact that you didn't have to deal with evil enemies is awesome
    I got tired of Team Rocket & Galactic Soooooooo quickly

......Team Aqua and Team Magma say hello.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I preferably like Pearl the best,all though other generation games are pretty cool.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I liked Ruby and Saphire's storyline. Though I think I would enjoy playing the new versions even more because of the graphics and all the new features. Finally every Pokémon or almost every Pokémon has a good STABed attack. Weavile wouldn't be as useful if the game still had the old physical and special attack system.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Gold/Silver/Crystal were without a doubt my favorite games. The entire storyline was fantastic, and the whole side-missions added to the fun. Defeating Team Rocket numerous times was fun, and your ever-present rival really added a sense of competition to the game. Little things like Sprout Tower, Sudoowoodo were also fun, as were the calling feature which seemed to be the best out of all the game's calling feature. The Elite 4, Mt. Silver, etc...were all epic and all, but after you beat the Elite 4 and become a Pokemon Master, there's even more battles to do and more people to stop. Red/Blue were great end game battles, especially Red. His mysterious entrance and exit was top notch for sure.

Thundєr

Freelancer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2013
    Red and Blue. The classic ones, has the best storyline. It was exciting to beat the rival at the League for it's arrogance.

Ikwaylx

Man with 10000 pronounciations
    Years
    I enjoy Pokemon Crystal the most. The added storyline and pokemon animations were a new thing, so it was a fresh and brilliant experience even if you already played Gold/Silver.
    If we can talk about spinoffs, the best spinoff series would be Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Seeing things from the Pokemon point of view is a clever idea, leading to some fun situations.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Pokemon Platinum...I have read and researched a lot about it and it seems to be AWESOME!!

magix7

CO-LEADER OF KODO
    Years
    Crystal: Really liked being able to go to both regions. Had all badges until my brother restarted the game :( I was furious!

Last edited:
    Years
    Emerald cause i love the swap battle tournament because u have to adjust to new pokemon that you have never used brfore and i loved silver but i personaly think with all the new stuff platinum is going to be awsome

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    For me its a tie between Emerald Pearl and Platinum though Platinum boots out Pearl.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Crystal. Nothing not to like about it... even the graphics of it are my favourite of any Pokemon game, they just feel nice and homey.

Uruss

Bill The Butcher
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Probably Red and then Pearl would be a close second

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    Crystal; I just liked the GSC storyline and I loved that you could actually play as a female character. I enjoyed the Emerald Battle Frontier also, and I like how FR/LG revamped the original games nicely.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2009
    Leafgreen brings back memories of Blue and the good old days. It gets my vote. No tangible reasons except that I like Kanto best. I guess I'm what the guys who make Magic would call a "Vorthos": a player who concentrates on how a game or a part of a game makes him feel.

mines definitely Silver
    I totally grew up with that game
    aside from yellow,
    i liked that one too,
    but idk just somethin about silver got me. I like it better than gold, cuz i personaly like the cave better than the tower

Never been in the cave, but I loathed the tower.

Back