• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you [players] really want a hack to be?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    I want alot of epic and exting events. something new and challening

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2016
    Vrai I already said I'm not going to argue this. I can tell you some place else maybe, seems you really misunderstood what I said earlier.

geox123

"Can go all night" Philosopher
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Give me a game that you, the hacker, made because you love what you do. I'll appreciate the game more if you can prove to me that you're passionate about your work.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I'd like to see a great storyline, they make me want to continue playing and making me guess ''what's going to happen next?'' or ''will he make it?'' etc, etc. I was thinking maybe some guy in a dojo sets out to train his skills in fighting, with a pokemon, competing in tournaments but with a lot of twists... something like that... :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    I want to see a hack break away from Nintendo as much as possible. Since most hackers stick to GameFreak/Nintendo's dogma as much as possible, we really don't get any original hacks. We have the same old "legendary/evil team" crap rehashed with new Pokemon and worse grammar. If I was given control over the Pokemon world, I would completely revamp it instead of following these unwritten rules that limit the creativity of all hackers.

I don't think I could have said this better myself. Add in originality in the scripting coupled with some well done maps, and it'd be a hack very worthwhile playing.

Besides, I am interested in how people really express themselves through their work rather than following the mold already set.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    personally i wish i had more time to learn how to hack roms because i have some good ideas (i think). i generaly agree with "Neo Duality" by breaking out of the typical mold. its essentially a new game. there a no limits the

one idea was a pokegod edition. i remember red/blue and all the stupid rumor/codes on the internet to get charcoal, rainer, venustoise, ect. even though they weren't real i still tried about every one with my gameshark. the pokegods could just be legendaries with a better background story. maybe add in a bit of a the supernatural theme like god has picked you to save the world from some super-evil but you must first catch all the pokegods

my other idea is based on a cyberpunk/hacker theme. i always thought hacking was fun in itself so why not incorporate that into the gameplay. maybe have the computers be a linux termial and you have to hack team rocket to get back some stolen pokemon. i know that one would be a bit difficult to add in but it would be entertaining.

zealot

The King of Fail
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2024
    It's their hack, they can do what they want with it. Unless you can do better, you shouldn't criticize a hacker's work imo. They've put the time in to learn the skills and make a game that they like, and in reality, they don't have to share it with us at all. You don't have to play a hack that you don't like, so wait for one that you do like.

Back