• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you prefer to do if your computer is catched some viruses??

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Avast + AVG are both dire unless you're behind a hardware firewall.

Led Zeppelin Pwn

Led Zeppelin is teh greatest
    Years
    Really easy.
    system restore.
    Go back to a date before the virus occured.
    You may lose data,
    but it was probably corrupted by the virus anyway :O.
    It does work, it got rid of my PCs spyware once :)

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I scan with Norton Anti Virus, which usually does nothing, but I sometimes use AVG to sort it out.

Years
    Antivirus are not very safe now.If you don't want to learn more computer knowledge,I'd say, you should be more careful about what you download and what you open,even open your disks.
    By the way, you can try this to ensure a file is safe:https://virscan.org/

-HeaveN-

In this craziness, absurdity..
    Years
    If It catches a virus, First of all I try to change the extension of the virus. But that doesn't works with good viruses
    AVG RULZ! But I've heard that Kaspersky is better. I keep it up-to-date just to be sure. xP.

Go AVG!

Years
    Usually Avira AntiVir (best one for free, IMO), or Ad-Aware (meh... mediocre), or COMODO (best firewall I've ever used), or Spybot (wonderful program, keeps an eye on your registry too) will catch any unwanted software and deal with it. I'm about to install an anti-rootkit program also.

I have a worm currently, can't remember its name, and I haven't been able to find it. But it hasn't been able to do any harm either because my security software stops it.

I once had to find a hidden folder that a trojan was downloadng heaps of spammy crap into and clogging up my hard drive. Took a while but I managed to track it down manually and kill it. This was before I had any decent security though.

MajorGeeks.com has some good trusted software.

Back