• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you prefer?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    Soooo yeah, its been a while since this poll came up, but, what part of the pokemon franchise do you prefer?

The anime? The video games? The manga? The Trading Card game? Or other parts of the franchise?

For me, I personally prefer the game, because, well, its the most fun, for me. :3

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
    The games and the Special Manga ^^ The anime's okay but I wish they could make the story somewhat darker than it is.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    My primary interaction with the Pokemon franchise has always been with the games. Apart from Gen IV, I've played at least one game from each generation and have always, for the most part, enjoyed playing them. I'm not a massive RPG fan, so there must be something about the nature of the games that keeps bringing me back for more. Haven't found it yet, tis all.

I remember watching the anime when it first aired on television, but I was about 10 years old at the time and only really watched it because of its connection to the video games and not as a show in its own right. Indeed, I was always disappointed when the anime went off-track of the games: especially in the nature of evolutions - I always wondered why Ash and Co. had such weak Pokemon despite going through so much together... I know the whole message of 'friendship' and 'fraternity' and all that (God, it sounds like the French national motto!) but it was this disconnect that led me astray.

The trading card game was a popular fad in my school for about two years, but I never cared about it that much, again because of the perceived disconnect between the TCG and the actual game. Of course, people in my school didn't feel that way, and the intense competition for cards (especially a shiny Charizard card for some reason) led to their being banned irrefutably!

So... yeah: the games for me!

Virgilia

Chronos.
    Years
    Gotta be the games. I don't really know how to put it... But it's like they're the big, main one out of the franchise: the successor of all it's fame. I did enjoy playing with the cards, too, but I prefer the games a lot more. You can get involved with them a lot more and really relate to them. Plus, they're a lot more fun. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2013
    the game.. but I only ever played the gameboy original. actually one of my ex gfs played alot of pokemon and it was fun to watch

Livy

Ya skerrrd?
    Years
    I love the anime & games.

The anime is something that is a part of my childhood & till this day, a part of me. I've grown with the anime & all of it's characters as well<3

But of course, you gotta love the game. It gives you a chance to take part in your own fun Pokemon journey quest.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
    The anime, as you can see your favourite Pokemon in 'action'.
    The games, obviously; fun, portable, & you 'own' your own Pokemon.
    The TCG - I've collected it since I started liking Pokemon.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I started with the anime, and it's been my primary interest (besides the DP arcs. >_>) The manga is also quite amazing, as are the games, but it is the anime that I am hooked on. :3

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
    The games are it. The "anime" has been degraded to a kiddy cartoon for me since season 2. I call it a cartoon now. Thanks 4kids.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    The games, and the anime. Since, the anime made me want to play the games and whenever I play the games, I would want to watch the anime. x3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    In this order, I am into the Pokemon video games, the anime, the manga and the TCG. The first time I got into Pokemon was through the anime and TCG, however.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    After tough consideration, I will have to say the anime. Though the games come incredibly close. I am not involved with any other part of the franchise, however.

Daikenki

Water Trainer
    Years
    It's half and half for the anime and the games for me. The anime was what got me into playing the games. (Yellow was my first, and that game was basically the anime, but in game form whooot.) But the anime has been getting increasingly annoying and childish, and the gags are overrused, and I dont' care, but nothing can beat the Kanto arc for me. The games, however, have kept me addicted to the fandom.

So I think I may prefer the games a lot more.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Hunting for Blue/Leaf fan art online

Definitely the games. I soon got tired of the anime's annoying characters, and I never did get into the manga or the card game. However the main series games (and a few of the console spinoffs) have kept me happily entertained for over a decade.

Years
    Currently I would say the games, then just behind them I would say the anime (I was obsessed with it when I was younger but now I'm not as certain when it's on TV - I still catch it when I can though) and then the cards - I don't collect them anymore but I have a whole heap of them somewhere.

Back