• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you register?

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • I'm surprised not a lot of people have mentioned the luxury it is to be able to register two items in HG/SS compared to the usual one.

In DPPt, my bike is the first thing I register and it's usually the one item that I keep registered for most of my playthrough. Other than that, I only change it if I'm in the mood to do other specific things such as fishing.

In HG/SS, my bike is always registered first and it stays registered the entire time. My second option is usually switched with other items I need to use at the time. On a normal day though, I just keep the Berry Pots registered in the second slot.

Years
  • Bicycle. Always.
    Except if I'm going fishing, then the fishing rod like everyone else.

Except that took me a while to do, so I would constantly go in to the menu and press it. Like a fool.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • I usually register my bike for easy use, since sometimes I just can't be bothered walking everywhere and want to get to my destination asap. If I've not registered by bike, I would have registered my super rod, which I find just as useful.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Always the bicycle. I might change it quickly to a fishing rod if I must do a lot of fishing, but then I change it right back to the bike. I simply don't utilize the other key items as much.

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • Like most, i register the bike. Just makes life a little easier. After I complete the game. I register whatever I'm doing. Normally Fishing Rod/Item finder/Berrypots.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • i sort of switch between three objects my bicycle, the dowsing machine and the super rod

Years
  • In soulsilver I have the bike registered to Y and I switch the other spot with the Dowsing Machine and the Berry Pots.

MirandaxPikachu

Lovin' Pikachu since 1999.
    Years
  • In DPPl. I usually have the Bicycle, or my dowsing machine, sometimes my highest rod.

HGSS I had my bicycle, and berry pots. :)

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    The Bike. Always the bike. I don't know anybody who registers anything else. ALWAYS THE BIKE.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2013
    I have the bike registered everytime on my Select/Y because I use it a lot.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • The only thing I ever really register in any games, are for the most part the bicycle, like most other people, and one of the fishing rods, whenever I'm out fishing for Pokémon. It really saves a lot of time from having to switch through your key items and looking for whatever item you need, though I don't really use it for much else.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    I always register the bicycle first. It's impossible for me not to register it the very moment I receive it. I get to travel places much faster after making do with the running shoes for a while.

My second is GB sounds. I just tap it whenever I feel the need to listen to nostalgia. It's one of the best things HGSS has to offer.

Back