• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you see in your favorite Pokemon?

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    Since I change favorite Pokemon a number of times in the day, I'll just tell you what I see in Drapion, my current favorite.

When I look at Drapion, I see my external self. A Pokemonic mirror, if you will. Rough around the edges, constantly glaring, and my favorite color, purple. :P

But, it also makes me think of who I am on the inside, unlike my other favorite Pokemon like Swoobat, Dusclops, Seviper and much more. I notice a soft core inside Drapion, like the one I see in myself.

So citizens of the Pokecommunity, I ask you...

Years
    What I see in my favorite Pokemon, Oshawott is because he's so cute, hits hard with his Razor Shell and he was my starter in Pokemon Black.

Even Oshawott's 3D models look cute too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    When I look at Gallade, I can see the embodiment of coolness and strength right in front of me because, well, it has the best design out of the Gen IV Pokemon, IMO.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    When I look at Raichu, I see a chubby and cute but also tough little mouse. No other Pokemon can compare to it in my eyes. :p

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015

It has an amazing design, the colors blend well and he really does look powerful. He has a backstory that most non-legendaries can't even dream of. He has his own area that's fun to get through, and isn't impossible to get. Just amazing. <3

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    When I see Dragonite I see a totally adorable, pudgy, Pokemon that is just the sweetest most caring Pokemon out there. But I also see a Pokemon that will stand up for something it loves or cares for and is ready to battle and get serious. Also, I see the 2nd strongest non-legendary Pokemon up to date! I think it's such a wonderful Pokemon and I just get so happy whenever I see one!

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
    When I look at Mewtwo, I see a little bit of myself in him. He doesn't really know much about himself, and he has to hold back his anger and his distrust of others in order to survive.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020

This beauty right here is the symbol of brutality through beauty in Pokemon. This is a pokemon that is so attractive and adorable that nobody would ever expect this creature to harm a fly. However this nasty girl right here kills you with swift brilliance. She glides through rain and shatters her shells to reveal a water attack that can knock down even the scariest of Dragons. She's cold and nasty and can spread her scary shell smashing to any ally. She also comes in a nice shiny yellow (as you see above) which proves that she can only be the best (Cause yellow is my favorite color.)!
    Deceive your opponents through Beauty and end them when they least expect it. She's a true assassin of all the Water types. (Respect for my Shiny Gorebyss named, "Porcelina", she will always be my favorite Water Pokemon.)

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

I guess I see the effort that went into actually obtaining the Old Amber and then un- fossilizing Aerodactyl from it. I see the cool design. I like the battle cry that it brings. I like its perceived personality as relatively aloof - which makes sense after being essentially frozen in amber for millions of years - but vicious when it wants to be. All in all, I see my favourite critter.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years

In Persian I see a Pokemon that perfectly matches my level of elegance and class. And like the automobiles that I prefer, its stylish good looks are more than enough to overlook whatever flaws it may have (whether they be mediocre stats or a name that doesn't match the Pokemon - Persian cats IRL do not look at all like the Pokemon variant) and make it work for me. I love the air of sophistication that Persian exudes, and it's the original, and still the ultimate cat Pokemon.

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years

Raichu always seems to have an air of spunkiness and cheer about him (even while kicking butt), and fat animals are just plain adorable by nature. I'm a bit crass by nature myself, but I think those are endearing qualities. He's been a favorite since the days of RBY when he was one of only a handful of electric types available to me, so I guess I've just gotten cozy with him over the years.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

Normally I have a hard time choosing a favourite, be it food or music or artist, but with this I can easily say it's Tyranitar. Besides the fact I love the design and the whole concept, his typing and his powerful position, he also reminds me a little of myself, being very tough and leaving a (sometimes negative) impression, but being caring and loving on the inside, or having gone through a lot (seen with Ash's Larvitar, how he felt tormented and anxious).

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
    The very personification of nothing. Where it came from is unknown but what is clear is that it's an otherworldly abomination that shouldn't exist in this universe. Around it, the very laws of physics distort and become almost unrecognizable and simply seeing it's true form can also drive any creature to madness whether it is a human or a pokemon. Technology tends to malfunction while it's in it's presence. For some reason, Missingno haunts a small area near the coast of Cinnibar Island and because of that, the place has been put under indefinite quarantine.

UnderKingSerenade

Hex Maniac
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2024
    I see yin and yang and a calm attitude that can turn deadly unexpectedly. I see a creature trying to be good but labelled for disaster, a gentle animal that can be calculated and deadly. I see an dark horse pokemon who can devastate a cocky player. I mainly see myself though, tearing through supposed elite strategies that were copy and pasted onto the supposed best pokemon to choose.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Our favorites changes from time to time, but when Snivy was introduced. I couldn't stop adoring it! What made me really like it was it's design, it was full of confidence, and I actually find it really really cuuute! :'3

Years
    • Seen May 23, 2012
    In Bulbasaur - he's tough, persistent to win a battle though he's not as strong as the other and not to mention cute. haha:laugh:

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Charizard. A giant orange dragon. It can spit fire and fly.

That's basically what I see. Nothing to 'in depth' at all.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years

I see a Pokémon with a world of possibilities ahead of it. A Pokémon with huge potential that can show you the world. An adabtable Pokémon that learns quickly to survive in any element and encompasses all the battling options there are out there. I also see a very very cute fox-like Pokémon with badass evolutions. :)

Back