• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think about the rapture?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I don't think we can label Ash as anything, only because the writers of the anime don't need to bring it to light.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    :L Guys, at least Wiki before you post when you're uncertain... some of these replies have been nothing short of ridiculous.

Like anything to do with religion or apolcalyptic scenarios, the rapture is a pretty cool thing to think about. Do I think it'll happen? No. No no no no no. I don't enjoy ridiculing people's beliefs... but the idea of any higher being sending servants down to cause havoc and to punish those who sinned just strikes me as... unbelievably surreal.

Yuukihime

I'm allergic to people.
    Years
    Yes I do believe in it. Am I hoping that it will come sometime in my lifetime? No.

I'm not a very good Christian and would proally build a shelter if I was left behind x-X

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I am spiritual, but I am not the average Christian. I believe in God, I have actual reason to believe in God, but they are my own personal reasons. I couldn't tell them to somebody else and make them believe, but they mean something to me. So I do believe in revelations, which is another name for the rapture, or apocalypse, but... I really don't like to think about it.

I don't believe it will happen in 2012, actually. I think that if it is soon, no one is going to see it coming. No one is going to predict it. But... I am glad that if it really does happen, then that really does mean that there is a God, and that we really will live on in the afterlife... I don't ever want to actually die and be gone.

No need for me to ever make a post saying what I think of religion, because you've already made it for me. Thanks.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Hmm. I say, the end of the world will come about eventually, somehow, but I don't think it would play out like in Revelation, even symbolically. I could be wrong, and if I am, so be it. God provides.

And why do we seem to know so much about Ash's beliefs? o.0

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    for me, end of the world- creepy/scary. I don't really believe in the rapture, and not really much from the bible... so I don't believe. But the Left Behind books were great I think.

According to the believers after the believers go up to heaven, the non-believers stay on earth for 7 years (Unless they die through out the 7 years). So if all the believers got sent up, that'd be enough proof for me. But don't like the idea of a supposedly great loving god leaving all his none believers to go to hell. A book's not much proof to me.

I believe there is a god, but I don't believe the bible version. But thats just me

Last edited:
    Back