• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think are some of the most difficult problems faced by parents?

Spearow

mr. nobody
Years
  • Fear for your children's safety, I'd say. What is comparable to the helplessness a parent feels in the face of the large, threatening world their child must necessarily face on their own? There are always times when your child must be out of your reach - if only for brief seconds when they wander to close to the edge or run just around the corner, to watching them go to school where they could conceivably meet not-nice kids and not-nice adults without you being there to protect them, to letting them fend for themselves for the first time when they reach adulthood.

Extending from that, it is of course a hugely difficult thing to see your child hurt, physically or emotionally, or just generally in pain - again, another place where you sometimes cannot reach them and find yourself frustratingly powerless.

I think the biggest risk in raising a child, as it is in giving your unconditional love to anything, is the possibility of ultimately losing them. You know it's always lurking in the back of any parent's mind.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I don't experience anything from eating chocolate, what are you on?

Seriously, I hate chocolate. A lot of it anyway. Small amounts, that's ok, but it's always to get to the vanilla ice cream inside the shell of chocolate, but that's about as much as I can stomach in one sitting.

And what a legacy it has been.

You're supposed to have a feeling of happiness or euphoria.

That is why they call it an aphrodisiac.

hocolate contains a variety of substances, some of which have an effect on body chemistry. These include:
    Chocolate is a mild stimulant to humans mainly due to the presence of theobromine.[88] It is much more potent for horses, and its use in horse racing is prohibited.

--

Of course every person is slightly different.

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
  • That is why they call it an aphrodisiac.

lol I don't think the word "aphrodisiac" connotes happiness in the general sense. ;) It's a very... specific kind of happiness.

But anyway I remember something about endorphins relating to chocolate but they say that about everything so I'm not too sure

BenRK

That One Guy!
    Years
  • WIKIPEDIA QUOTE WIKIPEeeeeh whatever. Maybe I'm just wierd or something, but I never feel different after eating anything above... um... if I knew what all of it was. Of course, I can easily feel this back and shoulder aches that are keeping me from falling asleep right now.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • To be honest, I'd say losing a child would be the most difficult problem of all... Or if the child gets permanently ill...

Also finding out that your child has done some horrible things to other children.. That be on my list...

Back