• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think happens to the pokemon after their trainer has died?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Inspired by the thread: What do you think a Pokemons life expectancy is?

So what do you think happens to a trainer's pokemon after the trainer dies?

I guess, I'd think donation, to a battle factory or something of that sort?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • All the Pokemon gather up into one big group and attend that Pokemon trainers funeral. They cry and sob just like all funerals, then Pokemon use dig, Pokemon like Machoke carry the coffin and put it underground. All the other Pokemon go to a spot where they have a meal celebration (well not really a celebration because someone died but they get together) and Brock cooks them a really good meal and they live their happy lives. The Pokemon's trainers that died goes back into the wild with trauma and memories of that trainer and their lives go through hell (I feel sorry for any Pokemon that has to go through that) but eventually they find another trainer and kill their Pokemon because they are angry and they go to Poke prison. When in Pokemon prison that Pokemon then get's a bunch of tattoos representing his territory out in the wild. When the Pokemon comes back fresh and out of trauma it regrets getting the tattoos and raises hell in the wild and ends up in a mental institution. So they get asked a bunch of question and eventually get to go back into the wild, after a Pokemon wiped it's memory up to a certain point so it forgets about the trainer and prison and all that. So about 10 years has passed because of all of that and the Pokemon has forgotten everything that it's finally back to normal and meets a little 10 year old trainer and becomes it's best friend. But remember, the Pokemon has a bunch of tattoos that got removed cuz in the world of Pokemon they can do that and has violence charges but still a good Pokemon and was going through hard times. That's what I think..

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • The pokemon stay in their pokeballs but anyone could keep it if they found the pokeball like Eevee in rbgyfrlg it was captured but you could take it as your own and you were the original trainer

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Well this is kind of morbid, now isn't it?

That aside, I think that once a trainer was pronounced dead that their Pokemon would either be released or given to a relative (whoever they were willed to be passed down to), and that's the Pokemon in the PC included. This is all assuming that the trainer is actually found to be dead.

I'd say that if the trainer died in a remote area with their Pokemon with them then they would probably release themselves (they've been shown capable), mourn a bit, and then go on their own way. Kind of like animals. Then again, they might mourn forever. Also kind of like animals. Some animals are even so attached to the people they live with that they die soon after. I can only assume that would hold true for Pokemon.

Of course, it's possible that the Pokemon world has a system that allows for Pokemon to be donated after death. Who knows? I doubt they'll ever really touch up on those kinds of things.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

Well this is kind of morbid, now isn't it?

That aside, I think that once a trainer was pronounced dead that their Pokemon would either be released or given to a relative (whoever they were willed to be passed down to), and that's the Pokemon in the PC included. This is all assuming that the trainer is actually found to be dead.

I'd say that if the trainer died in a remote area with their Pokemon with them then they would probably release themselves (they've been shown capable), mourn a bit, and then go on their own way. Kind of like animals. Then again, they might mourn forever. Also kind of like animals. Some animals are even so attached to the people they live with that they die soon after. I can only assume that would hold true for Pokemon.

Of course, it's possible that the Pokemon world has a system that allows for Pokemon to be donated after death. Who knows? I doubt they'll ever really touch up on those kinds of things.

this. Pokemon are like pets to them. Their trainers wouldn't want them to just run away or be stuck in a Pokeball forever.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]
    All the Pokemon gather up into one big group and attend that Pokemon trainers funeral. They cry and sob just like all funerals, then Pokemon use dig, Pokemon like Machoke carry the coffin and put it underground. All the other Pokemon go to a spot where they have a meal celebration (well not really a celebration because someone died but they get together) and Brock cooks them a really good meal and they live their happy lives. The Pokemon's trainers that died goes back into the wild with trauma and memories of that trainer and their lives go through hell (I feel sorry for any Pokemon that has to go through that) but eventually they find another trainer and kill their Pokemon because they are angry and they go to Poke prison. When in Pokemon prison that Pokemon then get's a bunch of tattoos representing his territory out in the wild. When the Pokemon comes back fresh and out of trauma it regrets getting the tattoos and raises hell in the wild and ends up in a mental institution. So they get asked a bunch of question and eventually get to go back into the wild, after a Pokemon wiped it's memory up to a certain point so it forgets about the trainer and prison and all that. So about 10 years has passed because of all of that and the Pokemon has forgotten everything that it's finally back to normal and meets a little 10 year old trainer and becomes it's best friend. But remember, the Pokemon has a bunch of tattoos that got removed cuz in the world of Pokemon they can do that and has violence charges but still a good Pokemon and was going through hard times. That's what I think..

This. This a thousand times.[/SIZE]

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I've assumed they get either released by a Pokemon Centre or a family/friend of that trainer gets custody of those Pokemon through the trainer's will.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • I'm sure they aren't left trapped in the trainers PC for all eternity. Even if the trainer is never found after a while Nurse Joy or a Professor or someone would release these Pokemon into the wild or give possession to a relative or friend.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2013
    Wasn't there an episode during the Orange Islands saga where a Gastly and a Haunter stood with their trainer (the ship captain) even after his death? What about that Ninetales that stood waiting for its master even after over a hundred years passed (Who happened to look a lot like Brock.)
    But then again, these are the kinds of Pokemon whose lifespan is likely in the centuries or even in the millenia, but I don't anything else like this happened in the anime, and I don't remember seeing any humans dieing in the games. I think this would likely be answered in the manga, seeing how common human characters die there.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I suppose it would be similar to what happens to kids/pets that die in our world; either leave them to family or friends. The PokeCenter or maybe a Day Care could take them in if there was no one that the family left for them. It also seems like a lot of Pokemon are "hand me downs" in the anime as well.

Watching a Pokemon cry over their trainer would be a sad thing indeed..maybe the Blisseys will be there to help out the really sad ones. Good old Blisseys..

Kisspower12

Stupid Hero
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2014
    I think they would be released and free to do what they pleased. but they are invited to the fueneral and the rest is up to them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    All the Pokemon gather up into one big group and attend that Pokemon trainers funeral. They cry and sob just like all funerals, then Pokemon use dig, Pokemon like Machoke carry the coffin and put it underground. All the other Pokemon go to a spot where they have a meal celebration (well not really a celebration because someone died but they get together) and Brock cooks them a really good meal and they live their happy lives. The Pokemon's trainers that died goes back into the wild with trauma and memories of that trainer and their lives go through hell (I feel sorry for any Pokemon that has to go through that) but eventually they find another trainer and kill their Pokemon because they are angry and they go to Poke prison. When in Pokemon prison that Pokemon then get's a bunch of tattoos representing his territory out in the wild. When the Pokemon comes back fresh and out of trauma it regrets getting the tattoos and raises hell in the wild and ends up in a mental institution. So they get asked a bunch of question and eventually get to go back into the wild, after a Pokemon wiped it's memory up to a certain point so it forgets about the trainer and prison and all that. So about 10 years has passed because of all of that and the Pokemon has forgotten everything that it's finally back to normal and meets a little 10 year old trainer and becomes it's best friend. But remember, the Pokemon has a bunch of tattoos that got removed cuz in the world of Pokemon they can do that and has violence charges but still a good Pokemon and was going through hard times. That's what I think..

This all sums it up. A million lot times than my mind could tell. Yeah, I mean by a lot.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • I guess they would have the choice to join the trainer's relative, or to be released in the nature.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Pets are considered property in the eyes of most legal systems and are normally given to people in the deceased's will. I imagine a similar sort of thing would happen to Pokemon. If there was no will - and no direct statement saying which Pokemon should go to whom - they'd go to the deceased's next of kin, be if spouse, children or whatever. Once they've received them, then they'd be able to do what they liked with the lil' critters.

God, I'm taking this waaaaaaaaay too seriously... :D

yaminokaabii

^ It means Kirby of Darkness.
    Years
  • Pets are considered property in the eyes of most legal systems and are normally given to people in the deceased's will. I imagine a similar sort of thing would happen to Pokemon. If there was no will - and no direct statement saying which Pokemon should go to whom - they'd go to the deceased's next of kin, be if spouse, children or whatever. Once they've received them, then they'd be able to do what they liked with the lil' critters.

God, I'm taking this waaaaaaaaay too seriously... :D

Heh, then what happens if, say, the dead Trainer has no person next of kin or anything? A complete loner?

More on-topic, Starsprite's post pretty much sums up how I would feel. Only there would be more mourning than in real life, seeing as how Pokemon seem to bond more deeply with Trainers than pets with their owners, in general.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    i think the pokemon would be freed by nurce Joy at the pokemon center or the daycare lady can free them. seccond thought was they would be stuck there for the rest of their lives jk.

K23

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2013
    Looks like I'm a little late on this but since pokemon are extremely loyal to their trainers and that means they wouldn't be received by family. Since this problem would've been foreseen it could be that pokeballs are manufactured to release the pokemon after 3 days of no use because they could be lost or the trainer has died. As for the pokemon in the PC the technology they have on them could detect and declare that they're dead (technology is advanced in pokemon) and all the pokemon in the pc would be released 48 hours after the code was sent, 48 hours because of time in which they could discover a malfunction or revive the trainer. Family members could be very different and pokemon personalities adapt to their trainers. This is just what I think about this

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back