• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think is above Elm's lab?

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    doesn't that contradict your point? You're saying his bedroom (as in, a part of his home)
    is atop his lab, yet his wife says he rarely comes home? Doesn't that imply that
    his home is not in the lab?

Anyway, seeing as there's new features and technology and all, I bet it'll involve
    and explanation (and a cutscene) as to how Silver got into the Lab. It's
    probably a second floor or something, and he sneaked his way downstairs and got
    the pokemon.
    No, what I'm saying is, he's at work so much that he built a bedroom inside his lab, therefore rarely goes to his actual home, where his actual bedroom probably is.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Maybe you can't even go up the stairs.

If you can then I really don't know. Maybe his research room or something?

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    in another thread i joked around saying "IT ALREADY HAS A WAY DEEPER PLOT!"
    but in seriousness i hope it is a plot device- even a minor one (but i'm usually wrong, so odds are it's nothing).......
    ya know what? i don't even think the creators of the game know what it is yet- i think they are reading these posts and taking our ideas

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I think it was already said earlier, but it couldn't be Elm's "house", because he already has a house in town, south of yours. I think it's just a small room, with boxes or something, or something simple, that has a small story behind it. I'm not going to try to make that much assumptions yet. I'll just wait till the Jap rom is released/something else is revealed(if before the jap release/rom).

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It could possibly be his room or a new feature added to the game. If so, maybe it won't be accessible until after the Elite or Nat. Dex or so.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Maybe you can actually see an improved script at the beggining, my idea is that when you leave New Bark the camera focus Silver and he enters the lab by the 2nd floor and then he sneaks in the lab and steal a Pokémon. It would be nice to see.

Wow! That would be really cool!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    My money is that the Pocket Monsters are up there. Hence how he missed Silver stealing them or something, dunno. D:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Personally, I feel that it would be some room that you can't access until after a certain point. But I also like the idea of the staircase being the way the rival enters the lab to steal the Pokemon.

But my very first thought was that it was just for show. Like the programmers showing what new things they can add, but won't include in the final product. Or maybe I'm just too used to the Sims 2. XD It wouldn't surprise me if the stairs lead to nothing special, like to an extra room or to Elm's extra room where he sleeps instead of going home.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
    Team Rocket Warehouse. Or it lets Silver break it easily.

Honestly I guess it's his bedroom. I'm not very creative anyway. (>_<)

Years
    I'm thinking it's a spare bedroom for when Prof Elm's wife is angry at him... Just kidding.

Maybe it's where Elm does his research? Or that's where Silver sneaks in... instead of the window, like in the old game, he goes upstairs to steal a Pokemon. I highly doubt it though. It's probably a room where he does research (for the Mystery Egg), just to upgrade your Pokedex or where the SS Ticket is located. It's probably nothing interesting. Maybe buildings in other towns will have stairs as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    Guys, its juts nothing, maybe the door is closed, or there is not even a door there xD...

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    "The shelves are crammed full of Pokemon books.."

Yeah, it's just probably just a big room, full of nothing but books, or research papers. And the stairs are there to make it seem more like a big, special Pokemon lab. o.o I bet there's nothing of much importance to the player. The stairs were shown in the preview picture, to make fans like us ponder the meaning of existence, when it's really no big deal. xD;

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I like the idea of it dealing with the idea of how people refer it to the possible way of Silver stealing one of the starters. It makes a lot of sense that way, other than it all being caused downstairs where things still have a chance to be seen [/even if it's just a game]. Though, it could simply be the place where tons of books are located, or the machine that had once allowed us to restore out Pokémon's health. None of these I think are not impossible and could possibly happen. Of course, there is the chance of it being simply books at the start and then something new afterwards from a certain point in the game. I'd like to see it as a new feature, but it's a hard move to call, that's for sure. It does add mystery to the speculation of the game, and only time will end up revealing what is being stored upstairs, if anything of much importance.

Back