• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What Do You Think Isshu Is Gonna Be Called In English

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
Years
  • Why do you type "E" Letter in:
    Ehssu
    Eishu?
    We all chosse "I"

i wasn't serious man... and E and I have similar soundings anyway so why not...

then again not All of us Pronounce Isshu the same way anyway
    so whatever... =P

if they do go with the spelling Issoh then people might get dumb and say
    that it's almost just an Anagram on Sinnoh and get mad and upset
    that sounds dumb, but you know people and their fanboy/girl-ism are >.>

NoriakiZ

Rookie
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2012
    Isshu. It's been like that since Gen I!! The regions keep their original names.

Years
  • Well, technically they keep their original names, but the spelling/pronunciation is usually a little different. For example:
    Japanese: Houen
    English: Hoenn
    Similarly...
    Japanese: Shinou (or something similar)
    English: Sinnoh

So they DO change a little. I'd imagine they'd just remove an 's' (making it Ishu) or something. Perhaps the'yll remove the 'h', making it Issu. Meh. Not too important, really.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
  • Pretty sure it'll just be Isshu. There's no reason for them to change it. I sure hope Americans aren't stupid enough to have to bastardize a foreign name.

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
    Years
  • It's probably going to change, though. The only name that didn't was Kanto, and for obvious reasons (the name was an afterthought in other languages).

There are actually a lot of possiblities. If it sounds like eee-shooo, then it could be:
    Isshu, Issho, Essho, Esshu... so many. I love overthinking =D : Isshu sounds like U S backwards. And no I'm not a OMGWTFISSHUISDEFINITELYBASEDONNYCAHAHAHA member, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Arolu

Time to cut some slack...
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    They'll probably just change the spelling so it's simple to read? Maybe change it to Ishu or Ishoe? :S

Back