• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think makes a good map?

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    for me a good map means no squares. simple right?
    I mean all that you have to do is make a map how it would look in real life.
    Just ask yourself after constructing a small part of a map, what can I add and/or change to this small piece to make it look good.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Dude I have no clue! I wish I knew but it eludes me, I guess because I suck at art but man some people can pull some awesome stuff off

Ven

Tyrian
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2011
    Actually, I have the strangest feeling those are the tiles. Professional, Pokemon-styled tiles that match with the professional, Pokemon-styled overworld sprites and the professional, Pokemon-styled in-battle sprites.
    Well that does account for a good part of the professional..ness
    But if you take those tiles/sprites and put them in a map that looks like Bill Clinton victory danced all over it..well you get a map with kyledove tiles.
    (not saying all of them are bad but..)

Back