• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of iOS 9?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • I think it's okay... but what I don't like is that you can't use any of the newer features. Not unless you have one of the newer iPad models. To me, that's a huge letdown. Then again, Apple has always been about making you pay more for newer ones. >____>

So, what are your thoughts on iOS 9?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I installed iOS9 last night and quite honestly...while I'm a huge fan of smaller installation sizes and the brand new crisp and readable font, it has significantly lagged my phone so much. Not surprisingly, I am using a much older iPhone right now (4S) so it makes sense. In two months I'm gonna upgrade once my two year contract is up, and I do plan on going back to the iPhone...hopefully a 6 or 6+. iOS9 is supposed to run smoother on those devices.

I haven't check out the other features, however, I am a fan of low power mode, where it helps you save battery power if you don't have a full charge or can't charge your phone at the moment. Helps you if you are out and about and there's no charger nearby.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I have been using the public beta of iOS 9 since a month ago (before selling my iPhone 5s) and I really like it.

The new multitasking pane felt more fluid (and it clears apps lightning fast - however, a kill switch would be even better), Siri UI looks really cool, Siri itself was fairly more accurate, the notes app exceeded my expectations, low power mode...

and the list goes on for the public launch: app thinning and content blockers in Safari are probably some of the larger ones. While many of these features are already available on other platforms, I'm still glad that Apple decided to add them in.

One thing which did turn me off was the new San Francisco font. In some apps, the spacing between each letter became larger and words are less legible.

I can't wait to get my iPhone 6s Plus and use the public release version of iOS 9 with 3D touch and live photos. Apple usually gets the "polishing" right, so I'm quite positive.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • I haven't installed ios9 to my iPhone 5s yet but I'll do as soon as I can. My friends say it is very good for phone charge. There not may news though.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I haven't installed ios9 to my iPhone 5s yet but I'll do as soon as I can. My friends say it is very good for phone charge. There not may news though.

If you're referring to the news app, it is only available in a few countries for now. I did bring my iPhone 5s on my Sydney vacation a week before the keynote and news does pop up in Spotlight, though not the app.

I did try the news app in Singapore by changing my region to the US and restarting my device. The app appeared and I did set my news preferences. I then switched the region back to Singapore and the app/spotlight disappeared with it.

After all of that - when I went to Sydney, I did not bother to change the region.

One note: I heard that iOS 9 runs disappointingly slow on A5 devices, especially the iPhone 4s. Not surprising, but those hoping for "stability fixes on older devices" might be sad.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
  • If you're referring to the news app, it is only available in a few countries for now. I did bring my iPhone 5s on my Sydney vacation a week before the keynote and news does pop up in Spotlight, though not the app.

I did try the news app in Singapore by changing my region to the US and restarting my device. The app appeared and I did set my news preferences. I then switched the region back to Singapore and the app/spotlight disappeared with it.

After all of that - when I went to Sydney, I did not bother to change the region.

One note: I heard that iOS 9 runs disappointingly slow on A5 devices, especially the iPhone 4s. Not surprising, but those hoping for "stability fixes on older devices" might be sad.

When I said "news", I meant "any new worthy features". ~_~ But thank you for your manifesto.
    Also iPhone 5s has A6 so I don't think I'll have any slowness problem, will I?

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • When I said "news", I meant "any new worthy features". ~_~ But thank you for your manifesto.
    Also iPhone 5s has A6 so I don't think I'll have any slowness problem, will I?

The iPhone 5s has A7, which is a really speedy chip. I had the public beta run on my device for about a month and it ran smoother than iOS 8.4.1. {XD}

My guess is that iOS 9 will work fine unless you use an A5 device.

As for new worthy features, app thinning will probably work wonders for users of 8/16GB iPhones.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Really disappointed that app slicing has been delayed due to issues with iCloud?

C'mon Apple. You can do better than this.

Years
  • iOS 9 is definitely a bit laggy on older devices, and my device isn't even the oldest device supported.

Back