• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of Poké Pelago?

Years
  • abeens3.jpg

Image credit to serebii.net

A new extra introduced in Sun & Moon, the Poké Pelago allowed you to do a whole variety of things, from growing berries to EV training your Pokémon (without having to battle anything yourself!) and even hunting for treasure like evolutionary stones or shards.

What Poké Pelago island have you used most so far, and what do you think about this feature in general?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I thought it was nice that the Pokemon in your boxes finally get to do something other than sit there and rot for all eternity. Especially when they get to do useful functions like berry growing and whatnot.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think it's a nice addition and I much prefer it to Pokémon Amie. I like how your boxed Pokémon have somewhere to go rather than just sitting in a PC box for the duration.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I thought it was nice that the Pokemon in your boxes finally get to do something other than sit there and rot for all eternity. Especially when they get to do useful functions like berry growing and whatnot.

I can totally agree with this. Tho I wish that there's more interactivity between the
    Pokémon and trainer there. I know that there's the Pokémon Refresh, its just more
    fun IMO if the trainer can interact to multiple number of Pokémon at the same time.
    But I really can't complain now, Poké Pelago is indeed one of the Pokémon SuMo
    noteworthy of praise.

Years
  • I think it's a Cool addition to the Game and a very nice way To farm Food for your Pokemon also

And i like the idea that they finally put the idea of having Pokemon inside your boxes acually made Something happen I find myself using this feature a lot It's just that good.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I have yet to take advantage of this feature. Does it do anything helpful regarding the post-game? How do you hatch those eggs, fill up the dex, or anything like that? It does look super cool though!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • So far I'm enjoying Pok? Pelago. Even though most of the time I enjoyed collecting Pok?beans, recently I started to train some of my Pok?mon and growing some berries as well, and I like it a whole lot. I think it's nice if any Pok?mon that I've sent to the box can do something, rather than just staying there and do nothing.

Years
  • I love Poke Pelago since it lets all the Pokemon you leave dumped in the PC no longer rotting for eternity because of all the useful things you can get. You can grow berries, find useful items, level up and raise your Pokemon's happiness.

I'll be sad if it's removed in 8th Gen, because this feature was regarded as one of the best features to come out of Sun & Moon.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • I think Poke Pelago is an INCREDIBLE feature within Sun and Moon and i know personally that I have already spent vast amounts of time using it~

It makes it so much easier to get Poke Beans, grow all sorts of berry's (up to 18 at a time at level 3), look for all sorts of rare stones and treasure to sell (shards can be accumulated also) Isle Evelup raises your Pokemon like the old daycare (and this is very useful for building up multiple teams of Pokemon to high levels :) ) and I haven't even gotten round to using the egg hatching features! :)

It's an amazing place we need to appreciate whilst we have it, because likely in Gen 8, it'll be gone (like the DexNav is :( )

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Treasure hunting helps you earn $ fast.

On the other hand I finally upgraded all my Isles yesterday!

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    So a while ago in one of the other sub-forums, someone asked about what features people really want to see return to the pokemon franchise, one of my answers was that I wanted to see "Berry Pots" return from HG/SS.
    With the introduction of Pokepelago, it was like my wish was granted and also upgraded with the significantly larger amount of berries that could be grown simultaneously. I also really enjoy the other additions to the Pokepelago.

I will admit that the Bean producing isle has quickly become not as useful since I now have all the isles upgraded, and the closeness and fullness meters generally rise faster than my ability to spend my beans on my pokemon, I have about 200 of every kind of bean at the moment, but still the bean collecting was an awesome mechanic while I was playing the main story line of the game.

The treasure collecting Isle is amazing, I think it's also a smart mechanic they added to the game to encourage players to keep returning to the game day after day. I guess this is sort of true for all of the Pokepelago isles, since they all refresh or have expiring timers after approximately a day. It basically shows that in order to get the most out of these games, you have to regularly return to playing the game each day in order to collect your various resources in order to make further progress within the game such as collecting items from the treasure isle to make more money or to find hard to acquire items.

The training Isle is awesome as well, it provides a means of EV training a maximum of up to three parties of pokemon which isn't even counting the fact that on top of those three parties on the isle, you could simultaneously be training a fourth party by just playing the game naturally. This is truly a god send, since it does 3x the EV training of the previous games, it also takes out the tedium of individually training each pokemon's EV's in Super Training. Competitive players rejoice!

Last but not Least, the Spa Isle, this isle is easily one of the most amazing ones to me due to my obsession with breeding. Three parties of eggs can just sit in my box until they hatch while I'm busy working on my own party filled with eggs. I can hatch 23 eggs in almost about the same amount of time it used to take me to hatch 5 eggs in OR. That is such an insanely impressive upgrade from before, and it has begun to spoil me as a breeder making it all that much harder to go back to breeding in the previous generation.

All in all, I have really been enjoying the Pokepelago and I feel like it has been spoiling me silly, even on days when I don't have time to really get any actual game play time in, I always have a little bit of time each day to quickly check my Pokepelago and reap all of the benefits that it yields.

xXLunaSolXx

Poke Pelago is one of best additions from Sun and Moon! It makes PC storing looks less dull! I love it. You can garden berries, get PokeBeans, train your Pokemon, find stones/shards and more! ^_^

Years
  • Mister Coffee's points are all spot-on. I always like to do the Isle Aphun treasure hunting every day and stock up on all the good items you can get from it. Isle Abeens and Isle Aplenny are ones I always come back to as well.

Haven't really given Isle Avue and Isle Evelup a chance, but I have now gotten all my islands fully developed and got some Rainbow Poke Beans for doing it.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I like it! I just got it this week. I get sad when they said something like your pokemon want to have an adventure with you, take it on your team :(

Years
  • I really like Poke Pelago, it's actually a really cute feature and has some really great stuff like Angie has described. Although, the downside is it really makes me have a guilt trip for abandoning some Pokemon in the PC lmao

Akuryou Inushii

Reliant Cain
    Years
  • I like the Pelago, personally.. though it sucks that you can't turn down the wild Pokemon that come if you don't want it.. I've gotten six Scythers.

Back