• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you think of the Generation IV evolutions of Generation I pokemon?

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
Years
  • Um, of course theyre ugly, since when is a 3rd evolution or final form of something supossed to look cute? Personnaly I like all the of the new evolutions. Plus I wish there was a primeape evo, a giant fighting monkey would rule :D
    I believe that a joke on Genereation V has already been done. I mean, what else could they come up with really? I mean, now people can catch Arceus. And hes supposed to be the god of all Pokemon!!
    There is no god of pokemon, I bet you when people found out about mew, they thought damn thing was the god of pokemon. Just another event that you have to waste gas mney on.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The evolutions make it worth actually going to get Magmar, Tangela, Electabuzz, and the others.
    Besides, it's better than PRE-evolutions.

I believe that a joke on Genereation V has already been done. I mean, what else could they come up with really? I mean, now people can catch Arceus. And hes supposed to be the god of all Pokemon!!
    Fail. Whoever said that it was a god? And do you trust every legend that you hear?
    FYI, creator isn't god.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    If this is just for evos of Gen.I pokes, then here's my opinions:

Electivire-love it, love Elekid, hate the original Electabuzz
    Magmortar-Naff.But then again, i only like Ninetales,Arcanine and Charizard out of ANY fire type
    Tangrowth-wtf is it?
    Lickilicky-Crazy got crazier again.woot!!
    Ambipom-is this Gen.I??Can't find it in LeafGreen.Still, the best.

Years
  • I'm loving rhyperior and magmortar right now, purely for the sake of aesthetics.

Magmortar looks like a freaking Megaman X boss. How much more epic can you get? Every time I think it'll make an epic appearance in the anime, I picture fire blast coming from one cannon and solarbeam from the other.

Rhyperior looks like a walking fortress. it has a pretty aggressive moveset to go along with that. I am using it, but its utter lack of speed and s. def. are frustrating the living crap out of me.

Nintendee

Look Into My Eyes....
    Years
  • i know magmar is weak, but it didnt really need an evolution. Lickilicky and Tangrowth are not the best and dont get me started on Probopass.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I can put tolerate most of them, the only one that really makes me sick is Lickilicky. I'm never letting my Lickitung evolve into that thing.
    I actually think Magnezone is pretty cool. I didn't think I would like it at all when I first heard about it, then it started to grow on me as soon as I saw it.

I really don't need my Pokemon to be overwhelmingly powerful. I never do any competitive fighting, most of the fun I get out of the games is from training and raising Pokemon. I would me completely content using a Magmar even if it never evolved.

EDIT: I can't believe all the Lickitung hate I'm seeing. Lickitung has been a favorite of mine since I was little. Everything about it just screams 'awesome.' :P

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Hi

IM going to go a bit deeper and do all evolves in gen 4

Ok lets start with what i think to be the best

Good pokemon
    Mamoswine
    Electivire
    Yanmega
    Magnazone
    Glacieon
    Gallade
    Gliscor

Middle
    Froslass (the only reason its not up there is i dont think it is as good as glalie
    Magmortar (the only reason it is not up there with good is looks)
    Togekiss (same as above)
    Dusknoir (i think this is a good pokemon just not my cup of tea)
    Ryphirodon ( same as above)
    Leafeon (same as above)
    Porygon Z ( i have never liked proygon)

Bad/ the Ugly
    Probopass
    Lickilicky
    Tangrowth

Thats pretty much it i did this by memory so dont yell if i made mistakes in spelling and/or forgot some

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't mind most of them. Electivire and Porygon-Z are probably the most useful of all of them.

Yanmega was probably the evolution that was needed most badly. Yanma is terrible.

Mamoswine looks okay in the DS games but fugly as heck in PBR.

Tangrowth and Lickilicky are fugly no matter how you look at them.

Years
    • KY
    • Seen Aug 29, 2022
    I think most of them are ok, I guess, but a lot of them are ugly. I use Roserade, Galalde, and Mamoswine in my competitive team, so yeah. Most of them are cool, I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I actually like almost all of them besides Probopass, Tangrowth, and Lickilicki (however you spell it).

Just for kicks though I'm going to make a team out of those three and we'll be the "Uglies" >3

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Magnezone is somewhat a complete and utter failure. How did a magnemite turn into some ufo type of thing? o.0

Back