• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
  • Elesa is way too smexy to be bounded by hair color. She's beautiful either way, but I prefer her new look instead of the blonde one. Makes her look more mature. :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I liked it better when Elesa's hair was blonde. But considering her job as a model, she could change her outfit and hair regularly, so I think her having black hair isn't a bad thing.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Speaking of plasma admins, did you notice that with the ninja lady, that's what, our third female team admin with red hair? Ariana, Mars,and now her. And I can't remember if there were any in gen3. Why the red hair fetish, GAMEFREAK?
    Oh don't forget about Sheely from Aqua...that makes four...yeah they seem to have a thing for putting one red haired female as an admin for almost every single team except for Magma (ironic as they're the red team).
    Also the rival is confirmed to be namable...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The rival name thing confused me too. XD; I knew you could name him but the fact that he apparently had a "proper" name (aka that) just confused me lool.

Also I like this female Plasma admin's design more than the other ladies with red hair tbh. Plus she's more pink-ish imo.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • Much better with black hair. I thought she looked great in blonde, sure, but there was too much yellow and made her look too bright in design. I got so happy when I saw how her new hair looked uh mah gawsh

Also it might just be me, but the extra black in her design makes her look a lot tougher/stronger, as well as just mature in general. Props to whoever thought of the design.

Years
  • Not gonna lie, I love the blonde hair better, but this new look makes her look more "intimidating"? I guess you could say, Ha!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    <3 nameable rivals.

Yes, dat admin. I think she looks a bit like Nurse Joy xD Wouldn't it be fun if the nurse suddenly turned ebil? Not that it's likely tho. I like Plasma's clothing now. Really didn't like them in the first games.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Not gonna lie, I love the blonde hair better, but this new look makes her look more "intimidating"? I guess you could say, Ha!
    Yeah she definitely looks older. Hmm blonde and black hair, I wonder what her natural hair color is??

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Um...both?

she's a model, and they dye their hair a lot on stage so...

as long as I can whup her in battle and get my badge, I don't care if she's a 900 year old hag

Bethanie

Sound Soldier
    Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2012
    The male looks like Hilbert's child for some sort... Weird...=/

Lol

I don't think the male player is bad looking, he just looks a lot like Hilbert.
    I think the female player is really cute!
    I really like the rival, the past ones, with the exception of Silver, all looked too nice. He looks kind of more...rival..y...>.<

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Lol

I don't think the male player is bad looking, he just looks a lot like Hilbert.
    I think the female player is really cute!
    I really like the rival, the past ones, with the exception of Silver, all looked too nice. He looks kind of more...rival..y...>.<

But the male protag looks MUCH better than Hilbert, I feel like they shouldn't be a comparing point because... Hilbert's design sucks, whereas this doesn't suck as much lool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I love Hilbert's design. It was a return to more normal clothing after Diamond's ugh and Ruby's bleh. The new male is again rather strange, but at least it doesn't look like he's got a super hero costume or a mother with bad taste. His hair is weird and his leggings are... um, weird too. But overall he looks good, although I think I more and more prefer Hilbert's design. I was just a bit hyper when the trailer came ;p

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I never understood the 'hate' that the design of the male protagonist had. In many ways, I prefer Black2's design a lot more than Hilbert's. At least in the hair department; Hilbert's hair is hella boring.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    does anybody know if Juniper will get a redesign?
    I have no idea but somehow it feels like if all the other characters change their clothes over these 3 years, why wouldn't Juniper too xD Maybe she'll dye her hair dark? /is shot

I guess the protagonists don't look that bad. But the rival looks like a bamf, :megusta:
    inorite!

Years
  • For the most part (minus a few aesthetic changes I'd make to some of them XD) I like the new character designs. Bianca may be a little toooooo hipster though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back