• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
Years
I was thinking maybe their names were Black and White, but I think those are Cheren and Bianca's names in Japanese (Correct me if I'm wrong).
Bianca was Bel in the original and Cheren was still Cheren.

I just hope they don't give them similar-sounding names. It just seems kinda lazy, to have stuff like Hilbert/Hilda or Touya/Touko, y'know?

ミズゴロウ

nations
Years
  • Seen May 5, 2012
The female character looks pathetic... The male characters never look good to me (except for Red and Yuki) I like the rival though, except for his shirt. Why such a weird turtleneck?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I fail to see how the male is any different the your average anime male

I think it's that people don't want a realistic one. Well, anime-realistic, they want something like Hilbert tbh. :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'd heard horror stories about the design of the male protagonist, but when I actually looked for the first time, he's not that bad! And the female one's not all that great either. But, then again, I've never really paid that much attention to the design aspects of the characters all that much. As long as they're vaguely human-looking, that's good enough for me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Now that it's become apparent that the girl protagonist isn't wearing a skirt but some shorts that look like a skirt, her level of awesomeness has dropped slightly. I'm still liking the black tights look, but IMO Leaf from FR/LG is still the queen of the Pokemon protagonists.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
The male protagonist is bad, but its not horrible. From the head down he actually looks decent. The only reason people are unattracted to him is because the palm tree living atop his head, other than that he's decent

The girl is actually normal im not enthralled or disapointed she's okay

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
/late to the party here

Anyway, I really like Homika. When I first saw her, one band sprang to my mind: Tenacious D. Seriously, she just has that Tenacious D look on her face.

The male character is okay, but I really don't like his hair. D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Now that it's become apparent that the girl protagonist isn't wearing a skirt but some shorts that look like a skirt, her level of awesomeness has dropped slightly. I'm still liking the black tights look, but IMO Leaf from FR/LG is still the queen of the Pokemon protagonists.

Wait srs? Where did you discover this? THAT'S TERRIBLE. With that in mind I also don't like her as much now lool. I wanted it to be a skirt. D<

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
It's funny how you guys didn't noticed. I think it being shorts that look like a skirt is awesome because I've seen then on someone. I think I posted a link to what they are.

Yeah I did:

The girl isn't wearing a skirt, it's like shorts that look like skirts. It's these.

They're really cute and ads to her creativity.

I just love Ken's creativity with all the new characters except the Rival who dulls in comparison. I'm like against public opinion lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Who doesn't like a skort? D:
I think her design clothing wise is cute, as well as all of the other characters. The design in that aspect has been very creative, and realistic, this time around.
The hair is still ridiculous.

LightningL

Formerly InSANEity
Years
The girl looks hecka cool, second to Hilda. Hilbert was pretty laid back and cool, but this new boy is utterly awful. Looks like a skinny Pence from Kingdom Hearts 2. >>

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...what even. XD

Also I noticed the male's hair actually looks kinda flat/stretched, sorta. :( I shouldn't pay too much attention to it imo but now I think I see what people say lool.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Maybe he has his starter Pokémon snuggling in his hair.

But seriously, I see no problem with it. It's so cool. I love the new male protagonist.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
Well it's better than Hilda and Hilbert so really, it can't be that bad lol. I actually love the female protag and the male is alright too! He's goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back