• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of this team?

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    this is my team mixed with UU, BL, & OU pokemon...i won a few battles on shoddy with this team, but i wanna know if you guys could help me make improvements...

Fearow w/ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EV's: 255 Att./ 255 Spd

Attacks:
    U-Turn
    Drill Peck
    Steel Wing
    Pursuit

Houndoom w/ Choice Specs
    Timid
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV's: 255 Spd/ 255 SpAtt

Attacks:
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    Hidden Power (Water)
    Sludge Bomb

Omastar w/ Splash Plate
    Relaxed
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EV's: 255 Def/ 255 Sp. Att

Attacks:
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Ancientpower
    Stealth Rock

Gyrados w/ Wacan Berry
    Careful
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: 255 Att./ 255 SpDef

Attacks:
    Aqua Tail
    Earthquake
    Avalanche
    Body Slam

Mamoswine w/ Leichi Berry
    Adamant
    Ability: Oblivious
    EV's: 255 HP/ 255 Att

Attacks:
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Substitute

Porygon-Z w/ Petaya Berry
    Modest
    Ability: Adaptibility
    EV's: 255 Spd/ 255 Spatt

Attacks:
    Hyper Beam
    Recover
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt

genesis42

King of kings
    Years
  • Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
    Intimidate
    Adamant - 252 Atk, 112 Def, 144 Spd
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ U-Turn

In all honesty, use Staraptor > Fearow because everything Fearow can do, Staraptor can do better, but anyways.. allow me to explain my custom set here. BulkRaptor can surprisingly take some decent hits with 112 Def + Intimidate, 144 Spd + Choice Scarf puts you at 396 Spd which outspeeds all base 130 Spd pkmn such as Crobat and Aerodactyl, max Atk is obvious.

Houndoom @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
    Flash Fire
    Timid - 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
    ~ Dark Pulse
    ~ Flamethrower/Fire Blast
    ~ HP (Ground)/Nasty Plot
    ~ Substitute/Nasty Plot

I'm guessing this guy covers your Mamoswines Fire weakness? But moving on.... I wouldn't recommend giving it a Focus Sash due to Stealth Rocks/SS/Hail etc.. being so common. Choose FB > Flamethrower if the accuracy doesn't bother you, HP (Ground) is for opposing Houndooms/Heatran who otherwise screw your Dark + Fire coverage and Sub makes sure you don't get OHKO. Nasty Plot is there incase you feel as if though your attacks need that extra oomph! lol

Omastar w/ Splash Plate
    Relaxed
    Attacks:
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Ancientpower
    Stealth Rock

This guy really isn't contributing much to the team, I suggest dropping him for something that resists that nasty Rock/Electric weakness your team has. Perhaps a Ground type?

Gyrados @ Leftovers
    Intimidate
    Adamant - 212 Hp, 16 Atk, 136 Def, 144 Spd
    ~ Dragon Dance
    ~ Waterfall/Aqua Tail
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Taunt/Ice Fang/Stone Edge

If you were trying to make your Gyarados survive Thunderbolts, please don't cause that's what your Mamo's Ground typing is there for, predict and switch. But anyways.. this set relies on the DD set up to work effectively. After 1 DD you hit 351 Spd outspeeding all + natured base 110 Spd pkmn such as Gengar.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Oblivious
    Brave - 252 Atk, 16 Def, 232 Sp. Atk, 8 Spd ~ With HP (Fire)
    Brave - 252 Atk, 220 Def, 28 Sp. Atk, 8 Spd ~ With Blizzard
    ~ Ice Shard
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ HP (Fire)/Blizzard

Brave nature so it won't hinder your Sp. Atk stat, the 8 Spd Ev's are there to outspeed Skarmory and 2HKO it with either HP (Fire)/Blizzard

Modest
    Hyper Beam
    Recover
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt

If you were looking for a Sp. Sweeper here, Porygon-Z isn't the way to go because it's too slow to sweep, it's too fragile, It requires set upwhich is hard to successfully pull off with this guy and it gets walled too easily

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Modest
    Hyper Beam
    Recover
    Nasty Plot
    Thunderbolt
    Nope. Tri Attack is better for P-Z. Hyper Beam sucks ass on anything because of the recharge turn and the fact that they can switch...

Btw, Splash Plate is kinda meh; use Leftovers >> that on Omastar.

Last edited:

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    Well, first, as genesis said, a Staraptor is much better than Fearow in everything practically, especially with: brave bird, close combat, Uturn, and pursuit, but if u still wanna use fearow use a Jolly one, not an adamant one, especially that ur using Choice Band!

second, ur houndoom, a focus sash is much better than a choice specs, and it'd be better if u switch "sludge bomb" with "Nasty Plot", because sludge bomb is only supereffective against grass types, and flamethrower covers that, also HP ground is better than water, but water is not bad.

third, a Jolly gyarados with dragon dance, is MUCH better than a careful one with Body slam, also ev traing the gyarados 252 in speed and att, 6 HP.

fourth, Mamoswine is fine, but Leftovers would be good on it.

fifth, ur Porygon-z.. download is better than adaptability, because if u plan to call it out infront of a pokemon with a low sp.def, it's sp.att will automatically rise, which for a special sweeper is a great gift.
    You should use this moveset:
    Nasty Plot
    Tri-attack
    Ice beam
    Dark pulse

finally, ur omastar, I think u should remove it TOTALLY from ur team, because with a 4x grass weakness, it won't stand a chance, not to mention that some of ur team members don't benefit from Rain (ex:Houndoom.), it's also slow and many other water sp. sweepers are better, (empoleon, if u want a slow one.)

Years
  • this is my team mixed with UU, BL, & OU pokemon...i won a few battles on shoddy with this team, but i wanna know if you guys could help me make improvements...

Fearow w/ Choice Band
    Adamant
    Ability: Keen Eye
    EV's: 255 Att./ 255 Spd

Attacks:
    U-Turn
    Drill Peck
    Steel Wing
    Pursuit

Lol no. If you want a CB Bird lead then use Staraptor.
    Staraptor @ Choice Band
    Jolly | Intimidate
    [ 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Def ]
    ~ Brave Bird
    ~ Close Combat
    ~ Return/Quick Attack
    ~ U-Turn

Houndoom @ Life Orb
    Timid
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EV's: 255 Spd/ 255 SpAtt

Attacks:
    Dark Pulse
    Flamethrower
    HP Fighting
    Nasty Plot

Omastar w/ Splash Plate
    Relaxed

Attacks:
    Rain Dance
    Surf
    Ancientpower
    Stealth Rock

You don't want Rain Support with Houndoom sitting there and nothing to stop Kingdra.

Swampert can fill the SR Support

Swampert @ Leftovers
    Relaxed | Torrent
    [ 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SAtk
    ]
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Ice Beam
    ~ Surf
    ~ Stealth Rock

Gyrados w/ Wacan Berry/Life Orb
    Careful
    Ability: Intimidate
    EV's: 255 Att./ 255 SpDef

Attacks:
    Dragon Dance
    Waterfall
    Earthquake
    Ice Fang/Stone Edge

Mamoswine w/ Leichi Berry
    Adamant
    Ability: Oblivious
    EV's: 255 HP/ 255 Att

Attacks:
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Substitute

Hmm Ok?!

Porygon-Z w/ Salac Berry/Life Orb
    Modest

Attacks:
    Nasty Plot
    Tri Attack
    Dark Pulse
    HP Fighting/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
    Edits In Bold

You might need to rethink the structure of your team. If you're running an Offensive Team, then run a Scarfer to revenge kill. Otherwise, you need some walls.

Last edited:

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    You sir, have a nasty Heracross weak, try giving Gyara some HP to solve the problem

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • second, ur houndoom, a focus sash is much better than a choice specs, and it'd be better if u switch "sludge bomb" with "Nasty Plot", because sludge bomb is only supereffective against grass types, and flamethrower covers that, also HP ground is better than water, but water is not bad.
    I'd say that Houndoom would get wasted by weather and SR, but that's already been said.

third, a Jolly gyarados with dragon dance, is MUCH better than a careful one with Body slam, also ev traing the gyarados 252 in speed and att, 6 HP.
    Adamant. Jolly just takes away valuable attacking power from it, and a jolly Gyarados isn't really gonna outspeed much more notable Poke's than an Adamant one.

fourth, Mamoswine is fine, but Leftovers would be good on it.
    Liechi Berry? Why not a Life Orb or Choice Band? =/

fifth, ur Porygon-z.. download is better than adaptability, because if u plan to call it out infront of a pokemon with a low sp.def, it's sp.att will automatically rise, which for a special sweeper is a great gift.
    And Adaptability is basically 2x on STAB moves instead of just 1.5x.

Spiritombreeder

lol, SB
    Years
  • I think that mixing tiers is not a good idea. The UU's will be outclassed by the OU's and BLs that they face, and you can't use it in UU play because of the OU's and BL's.

Also, 255/255 EV spreads are a bit wasteful, while I know that the 6 extra EVs is only...lol one stat point or so, its still something.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    BidoofMaster, this thread is not for rating your team. If you want to have your team rated, create a thread for it. (and type out the EVs, moves, items and natures so that it will get approved while you're at it.)

Back