• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What do you think of: treeko

Years
    i never really likd grass starter pokemon that much. Treeckos not the best but hes not the worst either. Hes pretty average

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It's fast and very powerful in terms of special attack, but it lacks a good moveset. Sceptile could have been an amazing sweeper if it had a decent moveset. Why was Leaf Blade physical?
    Actually it does have a great moveset, but you can only achieve in Emerald, long after you have beaten the game:

Sceptile @ Leftovers
    Trait: Overgrow
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Leaf Blade
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Thunderpunch

This set makes it slightly better than Venusaur as the best Grass Pokemon in the game. The premise of the set is simple. Seed first to force a switch, and then Sub on that switch. If the switch is a Fire-type, which it typically is if your opponent is unaware of good movesets, Punch for normal damage. If it is a special wall, Seed it, and then outstall it. Keep in mind that Seed + Lefties replace 3 out of 4/16 HP loss that Sub takes each turn.

BTW - Leaf Blade is not a physical move. You are thinking of DPP.

Years
    i'm not a great fan of any of the grass starter pokemon, treeko is a bit ugly, but it has good evloutions so not that bad

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    I am a huge grass type fan but treecko is ok for me i am not the fan of it i am of torchic, torchic is an amazing pokemon with a decent move pool, back to treecko i find myself starting with it and having to get other pokemon balanced with it to make it through the game because it isnt a one mon team pokemon like blazeiken or even a good swampert is

Years
    treeko is a cool pokemon but it doesn't learn that many good moves , it learns leaf blade at lv 29 or so after it evolves but it doesn't really learn anything else , its still a cool pokemon but i'd have to go with torchic or mudkip as my hoenn starter

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    Treeko's okay, but doesn't compare at all to Mudkip, sorry, lol. ^_^

I really like Treeko though, and it's evolutions. Torchic's good too.

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Treecko is a good starter pokemon but by far everyone has hit his weak points right on the dot about it not having a good moveset but all in all i would choose treecko to have a VERY interesting game.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Great speed and Sp. Attack, the best recon-type battler I've ever used aside from Gengar. The problem is it has low defense, suspectable to super-effective moves. It's very cool looking too!

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
    Treeko is one of my most commonly used starters in Emerald due to the fact not much people I know chooses it (I don't get what's with everyone and Mudkips -_-")

Treeko is kinda hard to use due to the fact that it's bad against msot gyms and elite four but the challenge in using it is what makes the game fun =D. Thus Treeko is my favorite 3rd generation starter.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Treecko's full evolution is stronger than all other grass types starter's full evolution. The base stat is higher.

Ash&pikachuarethebest

Houndoom trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    I think Treeko is a disgrace to grass type Pokemon and so is Grovyle this is because it doesn't learn a decent move till lv29-31 when it learns Leaf Blade thats the only reason I would use one bar the fact that Sceptile rock and Treeko and Grovyle are ugly spirit wise.

Andrew1989

neet
    Years
    Other than it's crazy speed that makes it look on drugs, I think it's pretty darn crap as when you fight Gym Leader's 2 & 3, you'll have a good difficulty beating them (unless you've taught it a decent ground move and gotten a nice Flying type pokemon).

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    For me, Treecko's decent, but I was never a fangirl of it (or any of the other Hoenn starters, for that matter). I like its moveset, but without Emerald, Sceptile is just something I box in favor of other Pokemon. *shrug*

Back