• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of Unova as a whole?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    What do you think of the Unova Region as a whole? I know a lot of people belive it's way too small compared to other regions. A lack of different enviroments compared to other regions. I know we had the season system but those are just a few tile and pallet changes. It's also quite small in comparison to others. But yeah, what are your views? Do you think that the region could be expanded in a third game or future remake?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Now that it's been brought up, I think that Unova is a bit smaller compared to other regions. I think there could be new areas exclusive in the third version later on.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    I'm not in to story lines that much I just want to complete the game and then start EV training so I liked it.

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
    I agree. It is quite small, finished it in a week(compared to FR, which took me forever xD). I hope the third version will have more areas to explore as well.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2012
    I agree, it was underdeveloped. I mean, it's supposed to represent america, but it's smaller than the others? Seems a bit off. I also thought the story didn't explore it enough; by the time you were done with the story (which was too short) you had only explored half the region, and then you had to explore the rest of it with very little motivation... I have motivation problems after the storyline ends in Pokemon games.

It definitely did not live up to Hoenn (my favorite region), in my eyes.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I like some of the cities in the Unova region such as Nimbasa and Castelia City, but I can agree with most of the people in this thread of this region being a bit too small. I also don't like the way the region is designed while being compared to the other regions because the Unova region has to go in a circle. I hope they change that in future Pokemon games that are for the Unova region.

:t354:TG

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Unova... it's kinda small and linear, but then again, it's also devoid of old things that made things a bit cumbersome in the past generations. I think I like it, huh? It's also probably the most challenging region yet to me. The level progression is unforgiving for some reason...

The best thing that Unova had going is the starters. XD I looooooooove Snivy and co. Same with Oshawott. I think they're just too cute. *blush*

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's small, yeah, but it still seemed big because there was so much to explore! I mean it was a brand new region, whole lot of new things, etc. I'd have loved if each route was expanded a little, if they added one or two more cities somewhere AND allowed you to surf outside Castelia and then it'd be perfect.

Though tbh, I was kind of overwhelmed when beating e4 because I thought "OH GOD SO MUCH TO EXPLORE" which wasn't really thaaat much. Oh and I don't mind that it's linear, it's just kinda annoying not being able to walk straight down to Nuvema like you would/could in Johto. :(

Minishcap

Fecaloma
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2012
    Nice "country", a little small though. They need to do some hostile takeovers on some nearby islands and expand.

Ramsie

Currently in Unova
    Years
    I like Unova. It is a bit linear, but I feel like there is so much to do all the time.It seems to me there are quite a few dungeons and such, so there is a lot of places to explore.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I pretty much love Unova, except for its size like everyone said.
    They could have put in more for us to do in Unova.
    Other than that, I love this region. :)

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
    This is one of my favorite regions. I wish it were a bit bigger, but it was fun. It didn't have a lot of wasted areas like D/P did. You spent a fair amount of time in each area before jumping to the next, unlike the other gens there were also interactions with the gym leader and rivals outside of the battle, which I really enjoyed. It gave them some more character (even if it wasn't a ton)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    B/W really is the best game. (in terms of game design) The only thing it lacks is the Superior Menu System from HGSS (because they were developed simutaniously?) and Walking Pokemon. There is no reason not to do it. Other that that, B/W is perfect.

In addition, this crop of 150 mons looks better as a cohesive unit. Meaning the unova pokemon look like they are from unova and no where else. When you are designing hundreds of fantasy creatures, it is hard not not create a hode-podge of unrelated monsters. This game hits the mark, meaning that Unova has a distinct flavor, and every pokemon here shares that flavor.

Years
    Despite most of you saying Unova is too small, this way actually a great region with cool design and unique Pokemon.

After beating the game, there's even more to do and lots of areas to explore!

Unova actually introduced some of my favorite Pokemon as well.

Sleepy Tom

Something of a fail trainer
    Years
    I agree that Unova was a bit small, but having said that, the region has a lot too offer. Perhaps its just me but l felt as if it was different and fresh compared to the other Pokemon regions which kinda felt a bit cookie cuter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    I agree that it is short and the fact that you need to discover half of the region after the leage, is not very fun.
    i liked the fact that the pokemon do not follow you anymore, did not like that much.

The most fun thing, a lot of cool dark types got introduced.

Back