• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think this gen's bug will be?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Since we have a topic discussing what the new bird could be, howabout a discussion on what the new bug could be? I'm considering like say, a Kricketune line clone or something like that, but instead of Bide another move that doesn't excatly consider too much switch grinding. Or maybe you guys would be different and feel it could be a Poison type Vivillion? Whatever it is, feel free to share what you think the new regional bug could be, and what insect it should be based off!

pkmin3033

I really want an anthropomorphic Red Admiral Butterfly bug-type Pokemon, with an admiral's hat, red wings, and scythe-like appendages for arms. Having that as the game's early bug-type would be awesome.

Failing that, how about a bug/grass stick insect, or a vicious-looking bug/poison centipede? Something a little different from the standard-issue butterfly/moth thing would be great!

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Seeing as our next game has a day/night theme, I think these should be our next bug pokemon:

For Moon, a Bug/Fairy Glow-worm would be nice. For sun, I say we use an Aphid because there has been hints of them using photosynthetic-like processes to generate energy. Since it is generating energy, I do believe of Bug/Electric or Bug/Grass pokemon would fit this well. Perhaps we can even have a Bug/Electric pokemon with an -ate ability that turns normal moves into grass moves with added damage for our Sun bug pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thepowaofhax's idea of a glow worm would be nice, because we had a duo of fireflies in 3rd Gen so I'd love to see another Bug-type based on an insect that lights up plus it would easily fit in the game's theme.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • According to the leaked list, we're getting a Bug/Grass fruit fly, a Bug/Dark cockroach, and a Bug/Ice standalone Pokémon. It's really strange that XY only had one new Bug line despite there being plenty more insects and arachnids who have yet to get the Pokémon treatment.

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Thepowaofhax's idea of a glow worm would be nice, because we had a duo of fireflies in 3rd Gen so I'd love to see another Bug-type based on an insect that lights up plus it would easily fit in the game's theme.
    It could just as easily become a beetle as well, and I'm sure we haven't gotten a beetle yet.

I'll like the idea of the glow worm and Aphid. I just hope that they won't give the glow worm Luminate as it's ability.
    If it does, it better get a really good secondary ability or have an awesome hidden ability. If they go with click beetles for the glow worms, they are known to be poisonous/toxic. Compound Eyes or Poison Touch would fit the click beetles immensely.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind getting another butterfly Pokémon, and maybe a moth too. But it'd also be nice if we got something we've never seen before. I don't care too much about what design it would be, but it would be cool to see some unique Bug typing combination. I'd love to be able to get a Bug/Dark type early on in the game. Even another Bug/Ghost that isn't Shedinja would be cool ^^

According to the leaked list, we're getting a Bug/Grass fruit fly, a Bug/Dark cockroach, and a Bug/Ice standalone Pokémon.

Wait, what list is this? Do you have a link or anything? :o

Years
  • Bug/Dark... it reminds me of that one fake Pokemon we saw a pic of in the lead-up to XY's release that I was hoping would be real. Oh well, hopefully 7th Gen will finally introduce this awesome type combination.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • It could just as easily become a beetle as well, and I'm sure we haven't gotten a beetle yet.

If it does, it better get a really good secondary ability or have an awesome hidden ability. If they go with click beetles for the glow worms, they are known to be poisonous/toxic. Compound Eyes or Poison Touch would fit the click beetles immensely.

I thought Heracross was based on a kind of beetle. There are so many different kinds though, so a different species of beetle would work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    I'm just praying it is as cool as Vivillon. An actually kind of strong beginner bug, that had a cool gimmick (large variety of styles.) They shouldn't all be boring pieces of crap like Kricketune.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Personally I'm hoping it's something stronger like Scolipede or Leavanny.

I feel like the bug type ought to get something more than "early game bug" this time around. (don't get me wrong Vivillon was a cool idea but I don't really want to see another butterfly/moth or some throwaway early bug like Burmy or Kricketune)

Still waiting for that stick insect Pokemon...

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
    Years
  • I could see the gen 7 bug/flying type be based off of this
    fiji-lep.jpg

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I could see a Bug/Dragon Pokemon with a Bug/Fairy counterpart, maybe go the Beautifly and Dustox route with the same worm and then it split.

This could the Bug/Fairy
    MHVHGHBH8HTHIHJH6H3HPHZR5LEZ8LLR2H3HPHLR8LPZGHTHXHCH5H2ZZL5Z0LAHZLPZMHVH7HEZMH.jpg

This is a Wooly Aphid

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I loved all the bug pokemon in Unova, it that is extremely rare for me to love any bug types.

Again it depends on the location in which the pokemon games are based. I for one really want a Bug/Ice, Bug/Dark, and Bug/Fairy chains. I am tired of the Moth/Butterfly pokemon. It would be nice if they had some others.

For Singapore, Libellago hyaline would be a great pokemon.

For Hawaii Assassin Bugs would be amazing for Bug/Dark.

Back