• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think?

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
Years
  • Do you think that Lucario was sort of based off of Mewtwo? They basically have the same characteristics and their personality is sort of alike. This is just my opinion. Anyone else?

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • What do you think?
    What do you think?

Well, besides their limbs and postures that relate to humans, the similarities aren't very obvious at first glance. Lucario resembles more of a dog, while Mewtwo resembles more of a cat. However, if focused I can definitely point out some similarities.

♫ Both of their ears stick upright.
    ♫ The four extra sets of "ears" on Lucario can relate to Mewtwo's head-connecty thingy. XD
    ♫ They both appear to have a covering on their breastbone and shoulderblades.
    ♫ Their feet are similarly shaped.
    ♫ They both have chubby thighs that fade into a skinny shin.
    ♫ Their tails are similar shaped, but one is significantly smaller than the other.
    ♫ Their eyes are similarly shaped.

However, many of these similarities are there because of the animals that they both represent. Dogs are similar to cats.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Being realistic, they look as like as a red rock and a blue pillow. :P

Beside's the similarities, they are nothing the same. In fact, you could almost say they are evil twins. They look alike but have a major internal and external difference.

Sorry dear people, but there is no Mewthree in this situation XD.

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
    Years
  • I'd have to beg to differ on that Euophric Magikarp. Lucario is much better, well, in my opinion.

Years
  • Do you think that Lucario was sort of based off of Mewtwo? They basically have the same characteristics and their personality is sort of alike. This is just my opinion. Anyone else?
    maybe, yes. But not personality. Because Mewtwo took it as far as to try to destroy the human race, where as Lucario was just a loner, trying to understand why Sir Aaron abandoned the Kingdom, and eventually learns the truth. So, Mewtwo was a bit more- cold hearted, where Lucario let humans asociate with him (undoubably, he likes chocolate xD)

Varsity

Pokemon Alumni
    Years
  • maybe, yes. But not personality. Because Mewtwo took it as far as to try to destroy the human race, where as Lucario was just a loner, trying to understand why Sir Aaron abandoned the Kingdom, and eventually learns the truth. So, Mewtwo was a bit more- cold hearted, where Lucario let humans asociate with him (undoubably, he likes chocolate xD)
    That's true. I overlooked that fact lol.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
  • the only similarity i see is there attitude in the movies. both of them hated all humans for a while and both speak telepathicly. other wise they are completely differnt

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • the only similarity i see is there attitude in the movies. both of them hated all humans for a while and both speak telepathicly. other wise they are completely differnt
    Lucario did not hate humans in the movie. He simply was mad at the fact that Sir Aaron abandoned him, and tried to destroy Ash because Lucario thought that Ash was Sir Aaron. Ash had the aura similar to Sir Aaron. Other than that, Lucario never truly showed human hatred. He was only aggravated by his confusion, but never showed that he hated the human race as a whole. Lucario sacrificed himself to save Ash, his friends, and the Tree of Beginnings.

Guitar God in Training

Glam Metal Rules
    Years
  • I do see the similarities, but it's mainly the posture, body shape, telepathy and the fact they both use auras. (the energy balls in the first movie must be aura spheres because mewtwo now learns it via levelling)
    So, yeah, I think there was a lot of influence from Mewtwo when Lucario was designed.

I'm sure other lucario's have no problems with humans so I don't see why there personalities are important.
    Also, I think Mewtwo was cold hearted because he was created by team rocket to be the most powerful pokemon.
    I'm quite sure it couldn't control it's power in the beginning of the movie and learned to control it's power to get revenge on humans for it's isolation. Or something like that, I haven't watched any of the movies fully in ages.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I feel like they are similar and that Lucario replaced Mewtwo on SSB

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I really only see physical similarities but that is mostly because of the animals they are based off...but other than that no, and honestly I beg to differ but lucario is a way better pokemon than mewtwo...srry, but the truth can hurt sometimes...lol, JK

Candace

Beauty Trainer
    Years
  • I believe the makers wanted a Mew and Mewto-like looking Pokémon, just like they added Pachirisu to become the new Pikachu (which NEVER happened, obviously)

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • I do see the similarities, but it's mainly the posture, body shape, telepathy and the fact they both use auras. (the energy balls in the first movie must be aura spheres because mewtwo now learns it via levelling)
    So, yeah, I think there was a lot of influence from Mewtwo when Lucario was designed.

I'm sure other lucario's have no problems with humans so I don't see why there personalities are important.
    Also, I think Mewtwo was cold hearted because he was created by team rocket to be the most powerful pokemon.
    I'm quite sure it couldn't control it's power in the beginning of the movie and learned to control it's power to get revenge on humans for it's isolation. Or something like that, I haven't watched any of the movies fully in ages.
    The concept of the energy spheres weren't even alive during the first movie. I'm sure they were never intended to be Aura Spheres like Lucario has, because it was introduced a whole three generations later. I doubt that they would keep a minor detail for three years, if you know what I'm saying. :B

The movie went as this:
    Mewtwo was created by scientists to run a test on it. However, Mewtwo did not have complete control over his powers at that time. He learns that he was only created to be run tests on, so he exploded the lab, killing everyone in it. Giovanni later offers Mewtwo an alliance, and says he will help Mewtwo control his powers and grow stronger. Later, Mewtwo starts to think that Giovanni sees him as nothing but a tool, so he destroys Giovanni's headquarters and returns to the island that the original laboratory was on. This is when he thinks that the relationship with Pokemon and humans are horrific, so he denies the fact that Pokemon and humans can be good friends. He then plans to destroy everyone who opposes his opinion.

|D
    They do both have psychic capibilities and they look similar.
    Lucario doesn't have Psychic capabilities. His only impression of being "psychic" comes from how Lucario can blast spheres of energy from his palms and how he can see aura. It isn't really psychic, though. Psychic is usually referred to as an ability to move objects with telekinesis, read minds, and all that other jazz. Aura Spheres are just energy that can be created and released through special fighting and meditation techniques and such. Seeing aura is just an ability.
    I believe the makers wanted a Mew and Mewto-like looking Pokémon, just like they added Pachirisu to become the new Pikachu (which NEVER happened, obviously)
    I doubt that Pachirisu was even intended to replace Pikachu. It just looks similar to Pikachu, and is added to the list of Pikachu duplicates. None of them were actually intended to replace Pikachu; he's been there for so long that I can't possibly think of him being replaced. Pachirisu is just a Pikachu clone, like Plusle and Minun. :B

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Yeah there are some similar characteristics but not enough to say they look similar.
    I mean they both share a similar body shape, but even that isn't all too close to each other.

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
  • Post blows up in: 10 seconds

To me, they are uncomparable Pokemon. Phsyically, They look nothing a like to me. However, I can say that:

1. Lucario is most likely based off of Anubis
      (I could prove it, but I don't want to type a very long post).

2. As for Mewtwo, he is a copy of Mew, but instead, with mutations in his DNA.
      Basically, a deformed Mew.

Last edited:
    Back