• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think?

Years
    Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Graphics are a bit of a let down. They're certainly not terrible by any means, but considering how long people were waiting for Sinnoh remakes I was expecting more.

I am definitely looking forward to playing Brilliant Diamond though! It's been quite a while since I last played through Sinnoh, and it's a region with lots of exploration and stuff to do. I've already decided I'll be picking Turtwig lol. Although if it has day 1 Home compatibility, which I suspect it will, since it's from the same developers, there's no reason not to have all three starters from the get-go. New game + deposit starter twice, new game and withdraw starters and you got all three. Although, even though I plan to get all starters one way or another, I might actually box them all and do a "no starter" run for a change haha. I don't think I've actually ever done that on a Sinnoh playthrough.

Like others, I hope elements from Platinum will be included, such as the Battle Frontier.

I hope HMs being gone is one of the modern conveniences that they mentioned.

I really hope that they dramatically speed up the flow of battles, even if only when animations are turned off.

Pokemon Legends: Arceus

Well, this has the potential to be the best Pokemon game yet by far. The world could be huge and full of stuff to do like BOTW. The trailer makes it seem that way, but unfortunately it could be misleading. There's a screenshot from the trailer where the main character is looking out onto a field with some mountains in the background. What I'm saying is that screenshot might be showing the radius of the entire game's map.

I'm sure regardless Legends will still be an excellent fun game, I'm just saying until we know more I wouldn't expect BOTW Pokemon Edition at this point lol.

Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2021
    I think overall this shows a very good idea for future Pokemon games to split it into 2 genres like Zelda did, one with a cutesy overworld (Links Awakening) and one with a modern looking open world (Breath of the Wild) they saw what works and took it. Sword and Shield didn't work for me at all because it was trying to do both at the same time, making it very uncanny for me.

I actually get the feeling that in the coming decades, Sword and Shield will be seen as being part of a weird experimental era for Pokemon and video games in general where they didn't entirely know how to handle 3d. Perhaps the counter culture circa 2040s will have a fascination for its oddness like I have a fascination of the aesthetic of malls from the 80s and 90s.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I don't care about Pokemon Snap. Pass.

I'll admit the D/P Remakes are in Let's Go style... but without the BS shitty ass Go/Let's Go controls. It's 'good enough' for me honestly. I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disappointed that, right now at least, it looks like it's just going to be straight up remakes. As in 1:1 remakes with nothing new added or changed like what normally happens with remakes. Or what they did with ORAS anyway. It's unfortunate that we aren't getting G-MAX Infernape/Empoleon/Torterra or something new with Dialga/Palkia/Giratina but maybe that's a good thing? It's unfortunate if they literally don't change it at all and it's just straight up remakes without additions/changes here and there but it is what it is.

This might not be the case however obviously though. They barely showed anything. I honestly hope I'm wrong and there are changes and additions. Although even if it's just a straight up 1:1 remake I still plan on getting and playing it.

But Legends Arceus?

YEAH. GOOD. FREAKING. GOD. I WAS NOT EXPECTING A POKEMON OPEN WORLD ARPG AT ALL. This has the potential to be the best Pokemon game ever made. Definitely getting this too. DO YOU KNOW. HOW LONG IT'S BEEN. SINCE I GOT TO USE. MY MON CYNDAQUIL?! TO DAMN LONG.

At this point they might as well make the obvious final boss with Arceus FF-like with epic chanting lol

So yeah. No quitting for me. To bad so sad. I know you all wanted me to quit because everyone hates me but it's whatever.

Am I disappointed that D/P Remakes aren't exactly what I wanted? Yes. But they're 'good enough' so it's fine. We don't really know enough anyway to really know if it's unchanged or without newer features or not yet anyway.

Back