• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What do you use to listen to music?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    What headphones/speakers do you have? Which ones do you listen to music with?

I use some Logic3 Ferrari branded headphones mainly as I got them on clearance for a low price at HMV. They sound nice and the noise cancellation on them works surprisingly well, however they do suck up AAA batteries. I also have a pair of wireless Sony headphones, they don't sound as good but the battery life on them is great. I've had them for over half a year and have only had to charge them a few times.

I have some Logitech speakers which I use with my computer, but I only have them as the internal speakers on my monitor are crap. I recently got a John Lewes wireless speaker that I use with my phone and they work pretty well when I want to listen to music without headphones.

Last edited:

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I don't really listen to music on my laptop. I don't live alone since I live with my parents, and they aren't very keen about my music. As for headphones, mine are just Skull candy ones. I can't really afford to get anything pricey either, considering my bad luck with headphones/earphones.

Earphones are easier for me because I also wear hats. I can't really wear my animal hats with headphones. :c

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • I've used the RHA 750s since I bought them last year and they have been solid since day one. Highly recommend them to anyone looking to get earphones, the soundstage you get for this price is pretty great and it can handle a wide variety of genres with grace.

I've also got a Spotify subscription for the sake of convenience and the huge library that I can just pull stuff out of whenever I want. Discover Weekly is a great service too, there's always a few gems there and it's very rarely the obvious stuff. The only complaint I have really is not being able to upload local files like you can with Google Play Music, that's the only thing that's always made me think about moving to GPM but I also don't want to lose Discover Weekly :/

One thing I wish for is an amazing hi-fi system so that I can bump beats and annoy my neighbours with my amazing taste in music

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I have Sennheiser HD something's, I don't remember the exact model which is embarrassing because I got them like two weeks ago, and they're amazing. I had Bose headphones for 3 years before that, and I have some sort of Bose speakers for my computer. along with Apple earbuds for portable use.

as far as where I get my music and such, I have Spotify Premium in an attempt to reduce my downloading footprint, but I do have a huge library of shit that either isn't on spotify or I just downloaded before I subscribed. or have bought over the years.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Usually I listen to music when I'm at work or gone for a run. I use magical $5 Gummy brand headphones or leftover iPhone headphones. They last a surprisingly long time. And I don't feel bad about losing them. Because that will inevitably happen too.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I don't have any speakers. My earphones are from the iPod touch I bought a few months ago.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Oh woops I thought this thread was about what medium do you use to consume music (YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, etc)

Umm I've got my desktop speakers that I bought like 10+ years ago, they're nothing fancy but they get the job done. If I'm listening to music via headphones or earphones I just stick to Apple earbuds. Despite what some of you elitists will say, I don't think there's much of a difference when the sound you're listening to is being reproduced at such low decibels, inches away from your ear canals. You want speakers that'll really move the air, y'know?

I've wanted to splurge and buy a couple big-ass monitors to listen to music on for a while, but they're expensive. :(

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Normally I use my desktop speaker with bass system or a normal headphone.

If I really want to enjoy the song I just plug in my device into Hi-Fi Stereo System. It is old about 40 years but it rocks with any single song.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I have my Monster DNA, but sometime I switch with my boyfriend for his Bose. But normally I use my laptop's speaker or a little cheap speaker I have that spread colored water "with the beat"

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    Lol, I have very crappy earphones that are actually just one earphone (I stupidly broke the left one so I cut the cable off and only have the right one left lol.)
    And the cable near the jack connector is almost broken, I've had tape on it ever since like a month or so after I got them hoping it'd hold it together and prevent it from breaking, but I noticed a while ago that it's actually gotten worse now lol. Doesn't seem to affect the functionality at least.

Works out for me as I'm always only wearing one earphone anyway so I can still hear others if they talk to me. And my headset is one of those with only one headphone on one side with the mic, so I can wear it and set it to take sound only from Skype while my earphones' in my right ear getting sound from whatever I may be listening to. Turned down a bit since even if it's in a different ear it distracts away from the voices in the other ear but I have it set up in a way that I can like play something or listen to music while also being on a voice call. Been a long time since I've done voice chat but meh.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I use Bose SoundTrue headphones for listening at home and for playing games. They sound/work great for them, and I got a warranty with them so I don't ever have to worry about them breaking. When I'm out/at school, I use a normal pair of Skullcandy Ink'd, though. They work great, but they break pretty often. When I fall asleeo, I use a somewhat heavy duty QSC K series speaker. They all work fine.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • shit idk tbh. My boyfriend has a nice pair of headphones that I usually grab to use because the little earphones/ear buds hurt terribly. But I have no idea what they're called or anything. I just know I like'em.

Years
  • I use cheap £6 earphones from Asda. Funnily enough they've lasted far longer than the crappy pair of beats I got when they were popular.

Years
  • Very simple Phillips earphones (model: Philips SHE3590BK/28, I think). They're good for the small price, and they look discrete enough in public.

I used to use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s, which were nice, but they were always awkward to put anywhere at my desk, and when the leather started peeling I used that as an excuse to buy much smaller earphones.

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • Apple Earbuds, the sound quality is pretty good but damn is the build quality shit. I end up buying a new pair every few months (6ish+). I should look into some really good earbuds.

Savashy

headsplitter
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2018
    samsung headphones. the cheap ones with the squishy in ear part. rip

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Am I the only one here who is okay with using the Apple EarPods and Apple Music like a good little Apple sheep?

Back