• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see from the Round Table forum?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
You've completely missed my point.

Allow me to clarify. What I've meant is that certain posts are too long to warrant reading. Okay, length has nothing to do with the quality, but it seems like people are making practically identical paragraphs which are a waste of time to read. The bottom line for all of them is the same. They don't bring anything new or even a slightly different perspective.

That's not to say there aren't good posters. There are, but the trend seems to be that they write shorter posts that make better points in much less words.

Then work on it. Frankly what you're saying here is the same thing the ADHD kids did in school.

FYI: I DO have ADHD. I have it quite severely. Also, I never learned to just 'work on it' other than with medication. My mind wanders almost every single day. I can't just flip a switch and have my ADHD stop acting up on me for the whole day. :/ Not being rude here... just saying. I've had a rough past with my ADHD. I have a lot of other problems and 'special needs' in my life that I won't bring up here because it's not really needed.

I don't mind the long paragraphs... but some of them are just far TOO long for me. Though, I do agree with the fact that most paragraphs cover the same point over and over. That's usually what makes them so hard for me to read at times. If the point is made more than once, it causes me to go revert back after remembering that the point was already made the first time... so to speak. Not sure if that makes any sense but... yeah.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I let this rest for a bit just so I could see if anyone else had any thoughts, but that seems to have fizzled out.

It appears that there are three big issues people have:
- Atmosphere
- Accessibility
- Activity

Most of you still hang on to the perceived atmosphere of D&D, as enough time hasn't passed for any noticeable changes to happen to the section, yes? Or because of what Round Table is perceived as, there can't be any noticeable changes. A kind of Catch-22 for the modern Pokémon forum.

Then there's accessibility - many posters just feel daunted by the section, they feel that the info/posts there aren't set out in a way they can understand. The section is just simply inaccessible to them. While that can't exactly be helped as I loathe to tell people how to post in the one section I truly care about, the key here is balance. There needs to be more casual posts, casual threads. More advice threads, threads about life, stuff about your own experiences that wouldn't fit in Treehouse. People aren't going to change their posting style or the stuff they post about in order to please others, so adapt to it and move on.

Finally, Round Table will never have the activity of Treehouse, we all know that. But it shouldn't be a factor in the section's inactivity. The only way to counter inactivity is by, well, being active.

Back