• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you want to see in a Hack?

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    something "original" and something new ,like

Pokemon with new sprites and new attack charts
    or
    same events but different place and maybe..different pokemon,like
    mew replacing rayquaza or ho-oh and lugia replacing kyogre and groudon

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
    I only ask for, if a region is said to be brand new, to have new overworld map (unlike Pokémon Quartz, for instance, where the region is in fact redesigned Hoenn).
    But the thing that turns me away from a ROM Hack is modifying Pokémon themselves, new names, new moves, 4-gen Pokémon in 3-gen hacks... OK, so I can't trade them with officials anymore. That's great.
    Everything else, as long as it's still Pokémon, is fine by me.

Smoking_Doorknobs

Kiwi Hacker
    Years
    I think a hack is good as long as it has a decent script and decent maps. I hate hacks when the people do something like change the starters to johto pokemon or change names like soda pop to beer and think theyve done something groundbreaking. Rockets Revenge looks really promising.

I think you should put in more starters than three. On the Ruby hack im working on there are 9 plus its based on real gangs, real places and contains evos to underused pokemon. ;)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    how in the world, are you able to get that many starters like that

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    Certain Pokemon will be given to you at Pokemon Centers. There will be nurses up te top that instead of trade Pokemon they give you quests to make you go and find Items for them. Once you take the item to them they give you the Pokemon. And yes I know how to do this. The Pokemon will be rarer depanding on the quest you have to do for them. You might have to defend the Pokemon Center from the new gang. Oh by the way the new gang's name is Rocket Desendo. I will post more when I have a Beta Version.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    hm

I'd like to be able to play as a rival character, such as Silver or Shigeru..

Edwin2b

PKMN hacker,
    Years
    im startin a hack called pokemon frontier version: A remake of firered. It starts off u choosing ur gender and u just arrive in Pallet Town. Its about the battle frontier. Im working on the battle pyramid. So far im just trying to transfer battle pyramid tiles onto my firered. So u battle brandon and u beat him. but he doesnt give u the symbol. NOTE: All battle facilities will be where they were said to be in the anime. The battle pyramid will be made again in for the second time will be in Seafom Island. Then it will be transported to the indigo plateu. Im still not sure what to do after im done wsith that....oh and the PET tool for battle editing....i need help with it....cuz whejn i load it from firered it just doesn't show the sprites if u no how to fix or no anything plz message me...im dying to no how without PET my hack will be gone!!

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    Thanks for the suggestions guys. I've started bu I'm having trouble with scripting.

Also Edwin2b this is not a Hack info thread nor is it a help thread. Sorry but you'll have to get help somewhere else.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
    Ummm Hey Short Range, slight problem... If you have the previously mentioned starters (Makuhita, Natu, Poochyena) there will be som massive advantages based on who you start with.

Makuhita - 1/4x damage to Natu, 2x damage to Poochyena
    Poochyena - 1/2x damage to Makuhita, 2x damage to Natu
    Natu - 2x damage to Makuhita (with both types), 0x damage/1x damage to Poochyena...

Short Range

Chargin' mah Solarbeam!
    Years
    Yeah well... Umm... I see your point there... I might just change them to The Hoenn Starters... There will be ways to get the others too so don't worry.

Luke128th

These days shall pass...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 1, 2012
    something "original" and something new ,like

Pokemon with new sprites and new attack charts
    or
    same events but different place and maybe..different pokemon,like
    mew replacing rayquaza or ho-oh and lugia replacing kyogre and groudon

About that replacing thing... I'm making something similar called Pokemon Regions with all 386 Pokemon from the advanced generation catchable plus 15 4th generation Pokemon. Its cool.

What I'd like to see is the first three regions, plus the Shamouti Islands, plus New Island.(making it right now)

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    i'd like to see a hack on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team, with different pokemon than what all comes on the list you can play, new storyline based on the main character's continuing adventures after the game ended, new places to go, and new friends, and different set of questins you answer at the beginning to see what pokemon you are

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2007
    i've been working on a hack, and a far as i can see the things most people want to see are:

1) all pokemon catchable
    2) new regions, new villans, new(expanded) story
    3) ...other stuff

im planing on all of those in my hack....

Anyways, what i'd like to see in a hack is all those things said above...

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2008
    Maybe a new concept. Not the old "get all badges and win against the E4" thing. But I guess that would be pretty hard to script.

Back