• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you want to see in Kanto (or Sevii Islands)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Bigger routes yes, harder Pokémon battles and Gym Leaders, and the Sevii Islands would be a nice addition imo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Personally I don't think the Sevii Islands will ve included. I just don't think they will be.But pretty much what OS said (Above). Perhaps a bigger Rocket Plot.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Well, I'm hoping the Orange Islands become something like the battle frontier. I think it'd add a nice twist to thing. ;)

Pac

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2024
    I'm not sure if it would take from the storyline or not, but it would be great to see all of the following in their full former glory, or at least done up a lot:

Viridian Forest
    Mt Moon
    Cerulean Cave
    Celadon City
    Safari Zone
    Seafoam Islands
    Cinnabar Island
    Victory Road

But again, the storyline explains why a lot of those are decayed / missing, so it might be difficult to go against it, but let's hope.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Oh man, Safari Zone with some long 3D grass would be awesome.

I hope the Power Plant looks cool. :D

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    An actually full and complete Kanto would be wonderful ♥

Very much agreed. I believe Kanto was left like it was in G/S/C because of memory issues, but I believe that shouldn't be as much of a problem with a DS cartridge. One thing I always really wanted from G/S/C was access to the Safari Zone, because for some reason, I love the Safari Zone. XD Some places that were blocked off would be nice, too... such as Mewtwo's cave and such. There's a lot they can now include with the capabilities they have set before them. I'm really looking forward to a DS-Version of both Kanto and Johto. <3

As for Sevii Islands, I'm personally not too bothered about that, because it wasn't in the original.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    On the Sevii Islands, I'll repeat myself:

Unless they want us rampaging throughout Johto with overleveled Sinnoh pokes, they'll do a sidequest similar to the Network machine from FRLG.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    On the Sevii Islands, I'll repeat myself:

Unless they want us rampaging throughout Johto with overleveled Sinnoh pokes, they'll do a sidequest similar to the Network machine from FRLG.

You are still overlooking the fact that Badges are traditionally required to control traded Pokemon in the first place, which means completing Johto before those Sinnoh Pokemon can be used, anyway.

I would definitely enjoy the return of the Safari Zone in addition to the areas in the original game. However, I disagree with the return of the Cerulean Cave and restored Seafoam Islands. Really, the main reason that these areas even existed in the 1st Generation was for the sake of their respective Legendaries, particularly in the case of Cerulean Cave. Since the canon is that these Legendaries are no longer in these locations, whether they were caught in the 1st Generation games or ret-conned to be in Sinnoh instead, their main focus is gone, which means that both Cerulean Cave and the complete Seafoam Islands would be reduced to random dungeons purely for the sake of holding random Pokemon that could most likely be caught elsewhere.

I would prefer that Gamefreak and Nintendo leave those areas out entirely.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Like Glaceon_ has said, with the wide memory space, I'm sure they would cook something for else.

I'm just content with harder trainers and a possible Elite 4? Even then, there's still the thought of two, full regions to play from.

Years
    1. I don't want any sevii islands.
    2. I don't care for a Safari zone. I personally, did not like it at all.
    3. I would like to see the gym leaders animated again.
    4. I wouldn't mind if they had Kanto Contests...(if not, Johto contests)
    5. I would like to see maybe a mini game or two.
    6. I would like to see my character on the train. (I want to know what the inside of the train looks like.)

On second thought, I really don't know what I want. I'll just appreciate whatever Nintendo gives us.

hvsep

Pimpster.
    Years
    I want whatever they give us! It's a GS remake, people!

I actually hope they don't change anything around in Kanto though.

Finnel

Years
    I'd honestly prefer if we didn't get any Kanto at all.
    Those remakes are for the Johto games, right? Then there should be as much focus on Johto as possible, we've already had remakes for Kanto.
    They're probably gonna go through all this trouble of making a complete Kanto, then forget to put new things in Johto.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

hvsep

Pimpster.
    Years
    The whole point of the Johto games was to continue onto Kanto, get your badges, and beat Red. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back