• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does music do for you?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    So, what does music do for you? Does it just give you a good feeling? Has it actually made your life better? Has it even saved your life before? Why do you spend hours listening to it?

For me, music has saved my life. It's helped me be myself no matter what anyone says. I've been through a lot of things I won't mention here. Music has always been there for me when I needed to forget the problems I'm dealing with. It also helps me focus. Like, I can slip into this world of my own where I forget anything and absolutely everything. I just feel like the world has stopped and nothing can bring me down. I just have this sense of calmness that I really enjoy. Music truly holds this important part of my life. It's also my escape from reality and the struggles I still go through every once in a while. I could write you a whole book on what music does for me, but I'll just leave you with this huge paragraph instead. XD

So what about you?

I didn't see a thread about this. I don't think anyone's even thought of this. O_o

TY

Music made me concentrate on things way better and it just relieves me from stress just like video games do. I can go into music if i feel down and need something to cheer me up, but i also can listen to it when im happy... gosh music is wonderful

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Music can change my mood in a second. If I hear a song I like / know all the words too, it can make me a lot happier. Especially if I associate a happy memory with it, i.e. "Pompeii" by Bastille, which I've heard live twice, both good gigs.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    Depending with the genre of the song I'm listening to, it could either

1. Relieve my anger
    2. Motivate me during my workouts
    3. Help me relax
    4. Stay in a happy mood
    5. Help me when I feel sad /sob
    6. Enjoy love songs

I might be forgetting some, I might not. Those are the ones I can think of right now :)

Sandshrew4

Also known as Sandwich
    Years
    Music served as an escape from the horrible world some call freshman year. Whenever I was miserable (a lot!) I could listen to music and travel to a different land.
    Now that I'm happy in my new high school, music serves as an inspiration, I started teaching myself guitar thanks to The Animals, The Cars, and The Monkees, and it just makes me feel at peace.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    Music, my greatest companion, I can't go a day without it. The only time I turn it off is when I'm sleeping or watching Pokemon anime - at all other times I try to listen to music.

Music has....
    relieves anger
    helps me concentrate
    takes the laziness and boredness away
    keeps me motivated

I need loud aggressive music to keep me going, so its why I listen to Metal music, Hard Rock helps at times. Most other styles of music do the exact opposite, they make me feel sleepy and bored. My only exception in music is when I'm listening to it as part of anime show (like Pokemon).

what does music do for you? - it keeps me motivated, and concentrated

Does it just give you a good feeling? music makes me feel so much better inside, especially when I releases all the anger in me, its a reason I'm always smiling and in a good mood.

Has it actually made your life better? it has made my life 100 times better, met lots of people who also like the same kind of music.
    Of course I'm also getting criticized by what I listen too - some just call it loud noise others call it the devil's music - I try not to take it personally, to me it's just the other person's opinion.

Has it even saved your life before? - it saved me from depression many times, and from any bad news withing my family. Even in the worst of times, family and music are my main hero's and saviors.

Why do you spend hours listening to it? - lots of reasons combined from above - mainly: Entertainment!!

Last edited:

\/

Grey Cat
    Years
    If I don't listen to music for a while, I feel depressed. I don't noticed how depressed I am until I listen to music again, like I realized I wasn't apart of the world.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    Music has been one of the biggest parts of my life. From playing it, to writing it, to listening to it, music always makes me feel better. Has it saved my life? Yes, in fact it has. If it weren't for my school band and the community there, I'm pretty sure I would have ended my life myself years ago. It has brought me countless friends and a means of escape. I love playing french horn, even if I want to throw it against a wall most of the time. I can't wait to get started with college band where I'm sure my passion with music will grow even more.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Often times I feel like no one else could possibly appreciate music as much as I do. I'm beginning to realize that's completely false. Besides bringing others together, music helps you identify with who you really are. For me, the memories and feelings music provokes is almost other-worldly. You get those chills sometimes from a song (there's got to be a term for that) and you know something larger is happening.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    Oh god, lately music has been one of the only things keeping me grounded. If I didn't have music I'd have gone absolutely nuts by now in reaction towards certain things rather than just chilling out to my favorite artists. Any type of music, regardless of the genre, tends to mellow my mood surprisingly enough.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Music has such a large impact on my life and the way I sometimes feel during any moment in the day. It energizes. It motivates. It gives me feeeeelings. At times, rather than change my mood it will play to my mood and that's an even better feeling, even if it is during a time of sadness. I guess music is like comfort food without the calories.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    It channels and domineers me in the purest and most honest way possible.

Years
    Music keeps me sane and helps me tolerate all the crap in life.

Good music helps me appreciate that there are talented artists out there and that helps inspire me and give me faith in humanity. I'd go a little crazy if I thought that there was no art in the world.

Years
    • Seen today
    Music hasn't been doing anything for me recently, but I probably just need to look for new songs to listen to. I've recently tuned to podcasts to help me focus instead.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
    now see, if i answered this thread when i was like 13-17, i would've said that music saved my life. and in a way, it sort of did. but i think it was mostly because of the stuff i was going through (and still go through), and the fact i had a lot of relatable music to listen to back in the day, like pierce the veil, black veil brides, falling in reverse, etc.

nowadays, i mostly just listen to music because it..makes me happy. i don't use it as a coping method anymore (not that it even worked in the past, i still suffered immensely). i mostly just listen to like, popular music on the radio, and ninja sex party as well as starbomb and youtuber remix songs.

an illegible mess.

[i]i'll make [b]tiny changes[/b] to earth.[/i]
    Years
    music is both a creative inspiration and outlet for me. there have many times where certain music inspires me to write a story or draw something. it's also a good coping mechanism for when i'm upset and need something to listen to that understands why i'm upset. i will admit, there have been some songs that have "saved my life" but what i mean by that is it didn't physically pull me from the noose around my neck, rather, it gave me a reason why i shouldn't put the noose around my neck. it taught me a lesson, so to speak. i listen to it a lot because i dislike silence and, well, if it's constantly in the background then it's not quiet around me. it also gives atmosphere i find.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Music has never done much for me... Which has always felt a little odd :c. Even musicians I like I'm not super-passionate over, most of the time I don't care who/what is on as long as its catchy.

I listen to music to make car journeys more tolerably and that's about it! :P

Back