• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does Pokémon mean to you?

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
  • Plain and simple: What does Pokémon mean to you?

Also, how much has it affected your life? Positively, negatively, whatever?

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Pokemon means a lot to me. I believe it to be my favorite game franchise, favorite anime, favorite manga...Its just my favorite. If anyone disses it, like calling it "Trash" or "Total garbage" or "A game for little kids.." Without a reason(s) to back it up, I always argue with them about it openly XD.

Its affected my life quite a bit, I mean, ive spent soo much money on the games and the handhelds just so I can play Pokemon, plus its affected... Other things *shrugs*

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It doesn't really mean anything to me now, but it used to be a way to spend my time, enjoying learning about them and basically a time consumer :x

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Pokemon was my childhood. That alone makes it very important to me.

Along with that, Pokemon has helped me make friends and connect with people throughout the years.

But most importantly, Pokemon relaxes me when I really need it. Just playing it has spotted many panic attacks.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • As said above, it means a lot to me. They give me something to do when I'm bored in the form of the video games. It also helped me make new friends who also like it.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Its just a hobby. No more no less. It's not part of my childhood but it means a lot to me. But I still view it as a hobby. Not like my Harry Potter thing because that's addiction. :/

But yeah, Pokemon is something that means a lot to me. But as a hobby, it keeps me busy when I'm bored (well actually PC does that, and I have been playing a lot of Minecraft lately but w/e :x).

Tyranee

Can't read my Poke'-face!
    Years
  • Pokemon is an awesome game. That's about it. I play for fun and it's really given me some good entertainment.

Ferny

The Shiny Ninetales
    Years
  • Pokémon was a huge part of my childhood, so it means a lot to me. It's also a perfect escape whenever I'm feeling down about something.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2011
    To me Pokemon means, no matter what the challenge is, always follow your dreams and dont let anything get in your way.

Back