• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What does "Pokémon" means for you?

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Hey!
    When someone say "Pokémon", or ask you that do you like Pokémon, what do you usually think the person is talking about? The games, or the anime/movies?

To me it's the anime & movies. (Maybe cause games aren't popular here, and I got to know about them much after I saw the anime).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    For me it's the games since that's what I'm most used to hearing about nowadays when it comes to the franchise in general.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Definitely the games, and specifically the original ones. Outside of my small group of friends, the people that "like" Pokemon generally stopped caring after the first generation or maybe the second if I'm lucky so they say "I love Pokemon!" when they see my Pikachu bag and then are stumped when I talk to them about B/W, lol. :(

Duosion

Duo
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2011
    The games. I grew up with Red/Blue/Yellow, and I will die playing pokemon Pink/Purple/Orange. XD

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    The original Pokemon anime series on 4kids. The games never caught my attention until the 3rd generation.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I think of the whole franchise itself. I usually ask what they're pertaining to when they say "Pokemon" since it gets me mixed up especially of someone is talking about the manga and I thought it was about the anime because of the close relation.

Years
    For me it would be the first series or the blue/red games. Most people I know didn't even bother to play or watch more then that so that's why I'll always think of those when someone mentions the word Pokémon.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    The games, the manga, the character, and character who made originally by me.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    When someone says Pokémon, first thing what comes to my mind is anime and games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    The games. Thanks to idiot characters, i consider the anime dead to me. As for the manga, cards, etc., I never got into them. Pokemon will always be about the games for me. Oh, and a certain cute female protagonist in said games.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    The games. That is where it all started, and I am not too attached to any other part of the franchise.

Back