• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen what does the ????? radio station do???

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    some have noticed in gsc that in runes of alph and in the mahogany rocket hideout there is a really scary radio broadcast that scares the pokeballs outta me. does anyone now what it does???

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I found it kind of unnerving when I first listened to it. And I don't think it does anything either, I think its what makes Lance make you go to the rocket hideout.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    It's just something that adds to the scence of whatever happens there. Just more adding into the game.

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
    i think there might be a purpose to it, but then again someone would have found it by now, theres alot of hints that theres something else down there, BUT NO GOD **** CELEBI SO SLAP THE NEXT PERSON YOU SEE WHO SAYS YOU CAN GET ONE THERE

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    haha i found it when I was 7, alone at night upstairs in my room and it freaked me out the whole night. haha its the low part that freaks me out. It doesnt do anything, its just fun to play when your in the ruins lol.

♥Naomi♥

My gameboy tastes like pickles
    Years
    it freaked me out too,and in the ruin,have you noticed when you fall to that floor,it says in unknown language:"our words shall remain here for the ages" or something like that

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    #brr-um...bm..bee-bee...bur-rum-be-be....# (That's meant to be the music, it's so hard to type).
    This sounds like an alien broadcast, doesn't it? You know a signal that's meant to jam your radio, but it doesn't?
    When I first heard it in G/S/C, I thought, What the...? (No rude words here) I tried to figure out what it did, but I now think it just does nothing.

Wild Missingno.

ROM King
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2006
    There are many rumors around this. Personaly, i have never heard of it. But I did a little reschearch (curse my spelling) Many people belive that this radio has something to do with getting Garchi (or whatever it is) But thats a bunch of BS. All it does is it adds drama to the place. Come on, don't you think they would want a Anicent Relic place to sound scary?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    if they want the place to sound scary wouldnt it be the regular music and not on your radio, oh btw its on a kanto radio station or pretty close to it

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2015
    its a surprise when you discover it for first time, but it doesn't have any effect

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    hmmm.. very eerie indeed, must have something to do with the unown(perhaps a chant or something?). For some reason it sorta reminds me of the notes the unown make in the beggining of the intro of pkmn crystal, but otherwise I have no idea what it means.

Back